My husband and I spent two nights at this motel during a recent visit to Williams College. I did not realize that our visit coincided with Family Weekend at the College so that we did not really have any options. We paid only $100/night, booking through Booking.com. This is good value in the fall in the Berkshires, but I would not consider staying here again.
Our room had two double beds, a small table and two chairs and a mini refrigerator and a very ancient looking microwave. We had room 204 on the second floor, accessed by an outdoor stairway. It looked like the room had fairly new carpet, but the furniture and linen were dingy and worn. The room was quite frankly dirty. We needed to use a white noise machine both nights, but especially the second night when our neighbors were up making noise, it seemed all night. The walls are not well soundproofed and a child was playing outside in front of our room while his mother made up the rooms in the morning and noise was readily heard.
A continental breakfast is included, but given the cleanliness (or lack there of) of the room, we opted to have breakfast at a nearby diner instead.
There was free unsecured wifi, but it sounded as though this is spotty depending on which room you have.
We won't be staying here again if we can help it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Howard Johnson Express Inn hotel in Williamstown, Massachusetts is surrounded by the scenic Berkshires Mountains and offers clean and comfortable accommodations with best services and amenities. This hotel near Williams College in Williamstown, Massachusetts is completely renovated and offers spacious rooms & suites with several amenities such as free high speed Wi-Fi internet, free continental breakfast, free access to business center, wheelchair accessible rooms, free handicap parking, cable TV with HBO and a beautiful outdoor pool with a scenic mountain view; best of Williamstown, MA Hotels. This Williamstown, MA Motel is conveniently located near Williams College, Chapin Library, Williamstown Theatre Festival and Sterling and Francis Clark Art Institute. At Howard Johnson Free continental breakfast is served daily and it comes with great healthy breakfast choices ranging from coffee and fruit juices, to cereals and a variety of freshly baked goods. There are more than 30 restaurants serving fine dining are located within 2 miles from this hotel Garden picnic area and long, quiet walking trail is located at the back of the main building. Also, we offer computer with internet access in the lobby area for guest use. Check-in time is 3 pm, check-out time is 11 am and pets are not allowed at this hotel. Howard Johnson is so perfectly located that Williams College is only one mile away and it is a perfect get away if you are going to Tanglewood. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Williamstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Williamstown Hotel Williamstown
- Williamstown Howard Johnson