“Good place...”

The Purple Pub
Ranked #6 of 48 Restaurants in Williamstown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Purple Pub has been the place to gather in Williamstown since 1973, serving lunch and dinner 7 days a week. Whether you're looking for traditional pub food or delicious entrees, we have you covered. Patrons can drink and dine at the large mahogany bar or in the comfort of the semi-private dining room. Come watch the game on one of our large screen televisions or enjoy a romantic dinner with someone special. Don't forget to try one of our 14 draft beers (we have bottled beer too), served in a frosted glass.
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Cool staff and a really great location on Spring Street. Food is good. I have enjoyed many evenings in the pub drinking and relaxing. I cannot wait for summer and the theater crowd...

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We love the boneless buffalo wings, selection of beer and the service, The waitress makes a good recommendation of the beer and we love being able to try it first before ordering.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

During our recent college tour over spring break, we had dinner at this pub. We found the burgers & fries to be tasty and the beer selection was plentiful. We got seated quickly and the service was friendly. I wouldn't say that there is anything special about this pub, as it's just like most other pubs I visit - including it's ambience, menu and pricing. If I came back to Williamstown, I wouldn't hesitate to have another meal here.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

After reading some of the reviews here we were hesitant to try this restaurant. I'm glad we decided to go. We stopped in today for lunch since we were out and we were getting hungry.

Although it was noon there were plenty of tables available. We were seated right away and greeted promptly. Our server was very pleasant. We placed our drink order and it was brought right out.

We decided to try the onion rings. They were delicious and not greasy and large enough for 3 to share. We all ordered sandwiches. The sandwiches came out right as we were finishing up the rings but not in a rushed way. I had the pulled pork with sweet potato fries for the $1 up charge. My daughter had the lobster roll with regular fries. The wife had a turkey rueben with a salad. We all loved our meals. Our server was very pleasant and polite and kept the drink refills coming.

I would definitely come again. Perhaps we hit the sweet spot of noon on a weekend, but I don't understand where the negative reviews are coming from.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Watched Super Bowl here in February; they have great pub style good; awesome salads; fun atmosphere.