“Nice place for the price!!!”
Review of Williamstown Motel

Williamstown Motel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Williamstown
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 24, 2011

The price was right for the place.. BUT
It was clean
Quiet
Great breakfast---the Fresh cut fruit
Flat Screen TV
Again.. the price was right for the place... I have no complaints...

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Williamstown Motel

Reviewed June 2, 2011

My husband and I were both completely satisfied with this motel. I had heard good things about it, and found everything to be true.
The room was clean and cozy, with a desk and chair, microwave and refrigerator. The bed was soft and comfortable with crisp, bright white sheets, and the shower was hot.
The family who owns it are all very friendly and went out of their way to accomodate our every need. They also provide a very nice breakfast in the morning.
It is obvious that they are working very hard to improve this property and build a good reputation.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I feel bad giving this property only 3 stars (average). The management was friendly, the bed was comfortable, the room was quiet. But it's a motel and motels aren't designed to be luxurious. Compared to other motels I've been to, it would be a 5. But since the rating system doesn't compre budget motels with budget motels and high end hotels with other high end hotels, I didn't feel comfortable giving this motel the same point score I'd give an ocean front resort.

But for what it is, it's a good value.

We were in room #3 which was back from the road and nice and quiet. Our friends booked the room next to us (#2) and although laid out essentially the same (a mirror image), the decor was quite different. Our room had a modern bed spread, drapes (that oddly didn't match), and nice furniture. Surprisingly, the bathroom was specatcular with a nice mirror, sink, and shower.

Our friend's room had a more old-school look with less nice furniture and a less updated bathroom.

I was surprised to find see how small the room was. The queen (or full?) size bed was so close to a wall that you could only access it from one side and had to climb over it. But the walkable areas of the room were spacious enough for the two fo us.

The location is quite good, very close to Williams College, downtown Williamstown, and restaurants. It's just a short drive to Mt. Greylock, North Adams, and Mass MoCA.

Again, everything was clean. I'd stay here again if I returned to the area (at $63/night, it was a great deal). But on a scale of 1 star (being a pit) and a fantastic 5 star hotel, this would fall smack dab in the middle.

Overall, I have no complaints.

Room Tip: Rooms are small. Plan accordingly.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I rate this motel as excellent because it is incredibly clean, the staff was very friendly and cooperative. It is apparent that there has been a recent effort to renovate. We stayed in the rooms, and one of them had beautiful tiled bathroom, while the other one looked a bit more modest but equally clean and functional. It was also interesting to stay in a motel in the true sense of the word. Drive up close to your room style. The modest but sufficient breakfast consisting of cereal,pastries, OJ, coffee, milk, bananas was more than sufficient to get us on our way. I am giving this motel the highest ratings because it was as clean,practical, comfortable, and reasonably priced as it can be. To the naysayers, no it is not the Ritz, but I did not expect it to be, and no, I don't know nor am I related to the ownership of this motel. I am a prospective Williams college parent visiting Williamstown for the first of what probably will be many times. I will gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
williamstownmotel, Owner at Williamstown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2011

Dear Sir
Thank you so much for the words of appreciation. Your appreciation has boosted our energy for making more efforts to provide additional comforts to our clients. We assure you that we will make continous effforts for making your stay at Williamstown Motel highly comfortable. Thanks once again.

Tarun Narula

Reviewed January 31, 2011

The owners offered and then picked me up when I arrived in town and dropped me off the next day. The room was cozy with lovely linens and notes to help explain how things worked. My hosts went out of their way to make sure I felt welcome.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2010

I would highly recommend this motel and would return here again.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2010

I'm a first time reviewer , but I have absolutely no relation to the owner. He did ask me if I would review the hotel on trip advisor. I have stayed in a wide variety of hotels and have traveled quite a bit across the United States. If you ask me, this area has a general weakness as far as hotels go. This motel is not a 5 star motel but is quite a bit better for the price than other hotels I've stayed at in the area. Also, I have stayed in some hotels that were rated 5 star that were noisier and not as clean as this one. It is hard to rate it just on this system and not compared to the other hotels in the area. I have tried to rate it in general, but if I rated it in comparison to some of the other hotels in the area, I would rate it higher. So let me try to describe the room honestly also so you can decide.

The king room we stayed in was large for a hotel room I thought. It was VERY clean and it didn't smell musty like others in the area have. I guess that may be the most important thing to me.

The bed is not pillowtop, but it is not terrible either. I rather liked the little "sitting area" and our pullout sofa was firm but not what I would consider "goodwill" quality. There was also a desk and chair in the sitting area. There was an armoire with an older tv but it received a good variety of channels and was certainly acceptable quality. When you first come in the door, there was the open hanging area typical of a motel. I didn't count the hangers, but there were plenty for our coats and our clothes for the next day. There was no ironing board or iron but I think we could have asked for one at the desk if we had needed. We had a thermostat in our room. The refrigerator worked well. Didn't try the coffee maker or microwave. In the bathroom, there is not a vanity around the old style sink, but there is a shelf unit hanging on the wall to place items on. The shower was nice in that there was good pressure and plenty of hot water. Hmmm... I didn't notice any problem with the toilet. The bathroom flooring was linoleum not tile but again it was clean and certainly not worn or awful. I've seen worse in some name brand hotels.
There were only two sets of towels, etc, but they were clean and not worn or tattered. Also, there was a dish of soap products that I didn't even check out since I brought my own. There were also two large mirrors in the bathroom and two outlets. There was an overhead light/exhaust fan and a light over the sink/mirror.

There seemed to be quite a few outlets in the room, but you just can't have everything plugged in at once. I didn't have any problem with the lights at all. There are several of them and they provided ample lighting. The carpet seems brand new and the walls seem freshly painted. The wifi is a little weak and slow but sufficed for the little we needed it.

There is one of the old fashioned chain locks and the turn "button" lock on the handle. I didn't feel unsafe at all.

I also noticed a problem with the bathroom crank style window not closing tightly and mentioned it to the owner so it could be fixed. I think it was probably warped from the moisture? I did also hear some road noise, but I can't say it disrupted my sleep actually.
We were in the unit closest to the road which accounts for my 4 on location. The location is great as far as Williams College and the Berkshires in general.

I didn't have breakfast at the breakfast bar either day so I can't really comment on that. I did pick up a couple pieces of fresh fruit as I checked out. They were fine and I enjoyed them on the ride home.

In summary, if you are looking for the Ritz, you are not going to find it in this area. This motel is clean and well kept (except for the window!) from the driveway and parking lot, to the lobby and into the room. If your major concern is clean, that is what I found here. If you're looking for posh and a lot of extras, keep on going.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank williamsvisitor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamstown
The Williams Inn
#3 of 13 in Williamstown
Berkshire Hills Country Inn
Berkshire Hills Country Inn
#4 of 13 in Williamstown

Been to Williamstown Motel? Share your experiences!