“Ideal Wedding Venue” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Williamstown
East Coast
“Ideal Wedding Venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

We recently held our wedding at The Orchards. The staff did an above-and-beyond job in meeting all our needs. I have planned large scale events, and I appreciate the behind the scene works which the guests never see. The Orchards made sure we had the wedding of our dreams. Working with Rebecca was just a dream - I am going to miss our emails and phone calls! From day one Rebecca understood our vision - simple, fun, New England-y, family oriented, small wedding with amazing food. We had a great and useful rehearsal/walk through the day before. The day of - Rebecca was just everywhere and was a great source of calm management. The food? What can I say but it went well beyond what I had in my mind. Local cheeses, charcuterie selection, and then there was lunch of roasted chicken, seasonal roasted veggies, and risotto! And the hot chocolate bar (high recommend for fall weddings)! After the meal the chef came out to shake our hands -- and he was meet with applause. The event was a perfect example of allowing your vendors to do their best work and sitting back and enjoying. We had the most amazing selection of local seasonal foods in a beautiful setting with great management and customer service. We held the ceremony in the courtyard - as the leaves were at the end of their peak - and everyone commented on the beauty of the setting.

After having shopped around several other venues, Orchards was not only top rated but provided everything on site. Only having one or two vendors to manage, coupled with an out of this world on site event planner, made our day run smoothly.

Can not wait to come back for our anniversary! Thank you Orchards for making our wedding just amazing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank paddlepaddle
orchardsgm, General Manager at The Orchards Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
We had a great time hosting your wedding!! I am especially proud of our catering team and as you have mentioned, Chef Chris Bonnivier and Rebecca Lennon are totally dedicated to making every event at the Orchards be special! I am very proud of them. More importantly I'm thrilled that they met all of your expectations.

We will be looking forward to seeing you when you come for your first anniversary!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Kusnacht, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed for a night at The Orchards Hotel while we did a campus tour of Williams College. The hotel is clean and the rooms are a good size. The people who worked at the hotel were very, very nice and welcoming. The restaurant served a good meal, but it was pretty expensive - I was surprised.
The hotel itself could use a bit of care on the outside though... on the way to our rooms I saw an entire wall of the hotel facade was missing, with just the insulation showing. We were a little scared when we saw that, but since the rooms were fine it wasn't important.

I would stay here again if I found myself up in this area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank heavycat69
orchardsgm, General Manager at The Orchards Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I'm especially happy, as is our staff, to hear that you thought so highly of them. It is our goal to make all of guests feel comfortable and appreciated. It is very rewarding for us to know that we achieved our goal with you.

Regarding the exterior of the building , we are in the middle of repairing storm damage that has occurred to the building. Hence we weren't at our best when you stayed with us . However we're pleased to let you know that in about 2 weeks the job will be done and the building's appearance will be like new.

We hope that you chose to come to Williams giving us the opportunity to host you and your family again!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Took my mom and dad to see the last bit of fall colors. Was told to stay at the Orchards by a friend. We stayed on the second floor in rooms with a courtyard view. I thought the rooms had New England charm, with hardwood floors, divans and four poster beds. The GM Bernie is a local and a Williams College dad, so was able to guide us to the Craft and other museums and to the top of Greylock mountain for the best view of all. The hotel is quaint, within walking distance of the school. Nice bar and restaurant. Great service from colorful pepople I think you only find at independent hotels.

Room Tip: We were told to ask for a courtyard view by a friend and that was the best.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
orchardsgm, General Manager at The Orchards Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
We all enjoyed having your family stay with us. As you could tell, we are very proud of the Berkshires and it was a special treat for us to able to share our home with you. It a great reward for us to know that our hospitality enhanced the the enjoyment of your visit to the Berkshires. I hope that we will get to see you again soon!! Thanks for choosing to stay at the Orchards!
St Austell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed at the Orchard Hotel for two nights. We had a very large bedroom which was very comfortable and had a working fire place. We had breakfast and evening meals in the hotel which we really enjoyed. The staff worked hard to ensure our stay at the hotel was a great experience.
We thoroughly enjoyed our time there.
Shirley

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Shirley, I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and the Berkshires. We have had many visitors from the UK this past summer and fall. Our entire staff thoroughly enjoy providing service to our visitors from across the pond. I hope that you have the opportunity to "pop in" to visit us again. We would welcome the chance to get to know you better!
san francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

It was a convenient location. However, I was disappointed with the view. We were upgraded to a superior room, but to say that we had a view of the Berkshires (which I had reserved in my original reservation) is quite a stretch.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
I'm glad to see that you had a positive experience when you stayed at the Orchards.I'm sorry that the view from your room wasn't what you had hoped for. It is our feeling that all of rooms offer nice views of the Berkshires and/or our elaborate courtyard and pond and therefore I'm disappointed that you were disappointed.It is my hope that you will stay with us again that we will be able to provide you with a lodging experience that you will enjoy to the maximum. I'm looking into the reason that your fireplace might not have worked. It should have and I'm sorry that it didn't.
Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

This was pretty much the only hotel that was available during the Columbus weekend in Williamstown or North Adams, so we had to take it for $280. And from $280, we'd expect super friendly staff, high-end amenities, and quiet night. We found none of these from Orchards Hotel.
When we checked in, the staff simply did what she was supposed to do but nothing else- she asked me for signature and gave us our key cards. The room is big (500 sq ft) but very outdated- wallpapers ripping off and had old house smell. Sliding door to the bathroom didn't work properly. They don't even have those cheap little coffee makers nor do they provide coffee at the lobby. They seem to have 4pm tea time but who likes to kill time in the hotel at the hour? Lastly, at 5am, we heard very loud walking sound upstairs. The problem was not in the person's footsteps being so loud but it was more of the sound insulation issue.
Overall, Orchards Hotel did not provide anything that would be expected from $300/nt hotel. Next time I visit Williamstown, I'll try to find small inn nearby.

2 Thank honnybunny99
I apologize for having not met your expectations when you visited the Orchards. It is always our goal to please all of our guests. I do want to clarify a few points. Our rate range begins at $99 , but varies greatly based upon specific market demands. Columbus Day weekend is one of the busiest in the Berkshires, hence our rates , along with our competitors, are at high levels. We work hard to provide value no matter what level our rates are set at and I'm disappointed that we did not provide that value to you.
Regarding coffee service we do not think that aesthetic of having a "cheap" coffee pot in our rooms lives up to our 4 Diamond AAA standard. Hence we offer free coffee in our living room lobby area beginning at 7:00 AM every day. Our afternoon free tea takes place in the same area at 4:00PM each day. We provide this service at this time because we feel that it is the traditional time for afternoon tea.
Lastly, we have review the conditions in all of our guestrooms on a quarterly basis. At that time we repair all items that are not up to par. There is no excuse for the problems you encountered and as a result of your comments we have rectified those flaws that you brought to our attention.
Again I apologize for our failure to meet your expectations. I hope you will give us another try as I feel that you didn't experience the Orchards at it best.
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

The Orchards is conveniently located on the outskirts of Williamstown, making both the Clark Museum and college, as well as MassMOCA and North Adams, quite accessible.

We were upgraded to a "superior" room which was quite large, and was equipped with a very large bath (two vanities, separate tub and shower areas. Very comfortable room, with some oddities though. All the lights in the room were of very low wattage, making it darn difficult to read during the evening. And despite the room's spacious interior, there was only one nightstand, a bit of an inconvenience for two readers. The room was also equipped with a gas fireplace, but on a brisk fall night it was not operational.

The room was immaculately clean and nicely done. The parking lot, outside back entrances and stairways do show considerable wear, however. But, who spends much time there, anyway?

The hotel offers complimentary coffee in the morning to help start your day.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind remarks you made regarding the Orchards. I also appreciate that you mentioned those aspects of the Orchards that we can improve upon. Therefore, I will look into the lighting issue you mentioned to assure that we provide proper light levels for reading. I would also like to note that we are currently reviewing the design and comfort aspects of our guestrooms. Your comments regarding seating will be helpful as we consider what changes need to be made to improve the guest experience at the Orchards.
Thanks for staying with us. I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamstown
The Williams Inn
#5 of 14 in Lenox
Williamstown Motel
Williamstown Motel
#1 of 13 in Williamstown

Been to The Orchards Hotel? Share your experiences!