“great hotel”

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Williamstown
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
“great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2011

staff was very accessible and accomodating, making the stay terrific, their local knowledge was very helpful.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2011

I stayed in room three with some friends. Honestly when I first made the reservation I was a little put off by the price but those worries evaporated after I arrived. The room was a good size, it was well heated, the beds were comfortable the TV got cable and in the morning we got a complementary breakfast with a wide selection.

P.S. The innkeeper is a very kind and entertaining person.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Waltham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2011

We picked the coldest weekend of the winter to travel to western Mass., but we were happy with our accommodations. Berkshire Hills Motel is not fancy, but it is reasonably priced and the owners are very warm and friendly. The room was fine and the location was perfect for us.
We had a great weekend and enjoyed our stay here. We will definitely return!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

The location is in a quiet setting with forest and stream. The interior is a beautifully done New England charm decor.

But the hospitality provided by the owners is unparalled. Truly a unique experience I would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Mendham, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2011

Enjoyed our stay at this charming, clean and reasonable motel while visiting Williamstown to attend our daughters swim meet. Nice open breakfast area --and enjoyed the home made scones!
Mark n Jill (owners) are pleasant, accomodating and were very helpful with their recomendations on local restaurants and things to do while in Northwest Mass.
Would definetely stay there again!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2010

I give this motel 4 stars because for the price it was everything we could have wanted. It is a down to earth place, so if you are expecting to be pampered pls. don't stay here. Bring your own hair dryer and clock radio if you are used to these items. Our room didn't have these items but for us that was just fine. The owners were so friendly and knowledgeable about the area. It is very clean and the beds were very comfortable. Loved the showerhead! There is a cozy living room type area next to the breakfast eating area. Books, toys, games are provided. It's kind of like a cross between a motel, an inn, and a B & B. The other guests were so nice- we exchanged pleasantries during breakfast. I loved the fact that you could show up anytime between 8 and 9:30 for breakfast (as opposed to a B& B where you have to sit down at a certain time and you usually have to share yr. table with strangers). We discovered a really good bakery which is only a 5 minute walk from the motel. Close by is the '6 Pub which has a nice bar and very good restaurant. We would stay here again. The pool and the deck in the back look like they would be very inviting in the summertime so hopefully we will return next summer.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Newburyport, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

First, I want everyone to know that this is my first review online. When I initially called the pool was being freshly painted (Very clean pool, a lovely oasis surrounded by trees).
I made my reservations early because we were attending a festival in North Adams.

Mark was extremely friendly over the phone and we checked the website weekly in anticipation for our vacation!

I requested a room upstairs, after reading a review that the downstairs might be dark, however the entire hotel seems bright and cheery! Mark and Jill were very accomodating and when we arrived even late, we still got the room requested even though it was an extremely busy weekend!

It was a perfect location just outside of willamstown 10-15 minutes to North Adams, 5 minutes to Williamstown and on a road that heads South.

We were greeted in the am, with Freshly baked breads, some of the best coffee ever, and big smiles from Mark and Jill. The breakfast room is bright and even better a deck outside of the breakfast room. There were toys for our son to play with, and lots of books, and a chess set!

The other guests were interesting, entertaining and friendly, a mix of people going to Tanglewood, hiking, and theatre in Williamstown. We enjoyed ourselves, so much we decided to stay an additional day, and thankfully there was availability.

If I have to say one downside to the room, my husband complained to me about the security light outside our room was on until 2am, However, my son and I slept like babies, longer than most days!

Overall our stay was great, and I look forward to going back! Did I mention the bread? And how friendly our hosts were? Highly reccomend! It's exactly what I would want for a stay in the Berkshires!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamstown
The Orchards Hotel
#1 of 13 in Williamstown
MAPLE TERRACE MOTEL
MAPLE TERRACE MOTEL
#3 of 13 in Williamstown

Been to Berkshire Hills Country Inn? Share your experiences!