“No, no, no.”
Review of Villager Motel

Villager Motel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Williamstown
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The rooms feel old. Not quaint, not charming, just old and spare. And neglected. I get the feeling that the owners don't want to update any decor or fixtures. And, that in fact, the money they make from guests is not going back into the property to upgrade it. Everything from toiletries to bed coverings to curtains to furniture (bed frame/lamps/side tables) was aged (and not in a good way). I was in Williamstown, MA for a one day conference, came across this on internet hotel site and booked it to save cost. It was very, very disappointing and I could not wait to leave the next morning. I would never stay here again, too depressing. I don't consider shabby decor, with few amenities of any kind at low prices a value. That just cheap lodgings--let's call it what it is. Then again, the prices wasn't cheap considering what you get. For $132.00 per room--there needs to be more effort on the part of management to offer better accommodations.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Villager Motel

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I spent a very pleasant night at the Villager Motel. It was pleasant from the call to make a reservation to our check-out. The "value" of this stay was excellent. The young woman who managed the administrative aspect of our stay was so very pleasant and helpful to us. She made sure we had the type of room we wanted which very roomy with a queen sized bed, a small sitting area with two wicker chairs, a refrigerator, desk and chair. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. The grounds have several picnic tables and is next to an open field and we were able to watch the sunset over the hills. We also liked being able to park right in front of our unit which was most convenient. Breakfast is included with good coffee, toast, English muffins, fruit and cereal. The location is excellent as it is just a few minutes car drive to the areas major attractions. As long as you are comfortable with a good, clean, old fashioned and basic, small motel in a lovely setting, you will want to pick up your phone and a make reservations now. Enjoy!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here based on tripadvisor reviews as a small-town stopover on our way to New York. We were looking for a basic, clean motel, and we found it. The lady at the counter was very friendly and directed us to a restaurant just up the road to get dinner and drinks, which was perfect! Would definitely stay here again if we're ever in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2012

First the positives: the staff is very welcoming and friendly. When we asked to change rooms in order to have both rear and forward-facing windows, they switched us without complaint. The beds, while worn, were quite comfy. Our twins (aged 8) played on the ample motel grounds with the owners' kids the entire morning, and everyone had a decent time overall.

Not so impressive were the rooms, which looked like they had not been updated since the Nixon administration. The interiors were dingy and borderline in most respects; the threadbare blankets had multiple holes. While not dirty, the room was barely clean. We stayed for a weekend night in the summer (peak season in the Berkshires) and paid over $100 for the room - the cheapest rate I could find by far. In all fairness, I would say that the room was only worth half that at most.

Would I stay here again? Probably not. But if you're not too choosy about the places you sleep, and price is the deciding factor, you could probably do much worse.

Room Tip: Choose a room close to the office if you need reliable wifi.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank dwcama
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I just got home from a 2-night stay at Villager Motel. I was a little weary at first when I pulled in and saw how small it was, but I was pleasantly surprised. It is far from the road so you don't hear any cars driving by. The room is a decent size, and it had an "old-fashioned" look to it. Very clean bedding, floors, bathroom. Decent sized TV with lots of channels and free internet. The hotel staff is terrific and very friendly.

If I ever visit Williamstown again I will definitely be staying at Villager. It's not a "5-star", but it is simple, clean, and in a great, quiet location.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2011

This is a well-located motel in beautiful Williamstown, just a few miles from Williams College. It is clean, quiet and well-maintained, and the proprietors are very friendly and accommodating. It is not fancy, but excellent value for the price and location. The bed was comfortable and there was a coffee-maker in the room. The breakfast room is small and the continental breakfast quite basic, though adequate.

There were a few small things which didn't matter to me, but might to others: There wasn't a hairdryer in the room, so bring your own, if you think you'll need it; then, the TV is very small screen, almost like a computer monitor. There were also no blackout curtains.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We had a lovely time. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We will be back. Beautiful scenery nearby.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple