“How to write this review?”
Review of The Tap Room Grill

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Tap Room Grill
Ranked #25 of 33 Restaurants in Wilbraham
Reviewed August 17, 2014

This is a very difficult review for me to write, dealing with alot of mixed emotions...I have been here several times, and no two times were the same, not even close. Sometimes the service is very fast and efficient, and other times the severs are rather inept. Same goes for the food, I have had very good dishes here, other times they were not to good. This is however, a nice place to go for a drink to relax. The lack of consistency at the Tap Room Grill is rather amazing, I have never experienced inconsistency to this degree at any other place. With proper leadership, the Tap Room Grill could really be a great place.

4  Thank marky01095
There are newer reviews for The Tap Room Grill

Reviewed May 9, 2014

This place gets the two stars for a decent selection of beer. It loses all the rest of the stars because it was virtually impossible to get one. Not joking here....

I stopped in on a Saturday for a quick beer and burger. There was one server (bartender) in the entire place. The bar got a few people. The restaurant got a few people. And, next thing you know, the server is crazy busy... You know the feeling you get when you KNOW that the server is purposefully not looking your way because he/she does not want you to ask for anything because they're too busy... Everyone felt that way. Many of us just gave up and asked for our check. Well... We wanted to ask for our check, but she wouldn't look at us! 30 minutes later... no beer, no food... I finally got the check.

This place doesn't have a great feel to it. The direct bar is OK, the rest not so much. Better and more reliable places in the area.

4  Thank 36RedSD
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Meals were ok...Baked Stuffed Shrimp, Seafood entrees, ordered double asparagus instead of starch, but 5 skinny stalks was all we got :( Server was unaware of...alot...

1  Thank Laurien55
Reviewed October 19, 2013

FIrst time I was here, I ordered the Calamari! Excellent, though pricey, but a very generous helping. The second time I ordered the Chicken wings. Excellent, pricey, but 12 wings for 12 bucks is fair. Very good. Went back yesterday with my partner. She had crab cakes. Good quality not over breaded. There were 2 cakes, about 2" to 2 1/2" round for $15! Rather steep for a pub,unless it was king crab, but it wasn't! Skip them. I had the chicken wings again. This time, however, the wings tasted like nothing. They "fell" off the bone, giving me the impression the wings were pre-cooked (maybe yesterday) and deep fried before serving, with that very nice chili sauce recipe they had. I was hungry as it was 3 P.M. and hadn't had lunch. I also was not pleased when I asked for "the special" ale ($3) and was talked into a different ale. Good but had I known it was $7, I would have stuck to the special. They need to print the prices of their beers before I go back... Lot's of better places.

1  Thank ciaotebaldi