“Great appetizers good food”
Review of Dana's Grillroom

Dana's Grillroom
Ranked #7 of 33 Restaurants in Wilbraham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: recently opened. Burgers and such.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Finally got to Dana's later in the day for apps. and to check out the restaurant. We had the Thai Shrimp, four U15 absolutely perfectly cooked with a few vege's and a Thai sauce that was fine. We also shared the brussel sprouts which were quickly deep fried and kinda crunchy on the outside, giving them a pleasant taste. W also shared delicious fried oysters.All in all the apps. were very good. Dana has obviously been in the business before. He was out at the bar area schmoozing his customers. Great guy and knows how to run a restaurant. Making sure his customers were taken care of is his goal. Good job, Dana.Prices are quite reasonable for the quality and portions we had tonight. Dana graciously chatted with us and then went into the kitchen and made us some "golf balls" an intriguing dessert of a melted chocolate and nuts inside a donut base with a side of whipped cream and melted fudgy-chocolate. Very good. Thanks, Dana, we'll be back! Try Dana's Grille, you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank ciaotebaldi

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Ate lunch there twice in a row. The wedge salad was large portion and very tasty. The server was so friendly. Worth the visit!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Have been to this restaurant twice now. First time, food was pretty good. Had dinner, and the appetizers and meal were tasty. Went there the second time for lunch and was pretty disappointed. The chili I had was not good. There was some type of sweet flavoring to it, and it honestly was the first time in my life that I did not eat more than a couple spoonfuls of chili, which is a favorite of mine.

Also had the foot long hot dog. Was ok, but nothing to rave about. They should switch to a kayem old tyme natural casing dog. Much more flavor and better texture.

The bartender was very nice, and the waitress the first time was great also. Definitely got good folks on the staff.

Oh well, will try going again sometime........

2  Thank Chris0869
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Went to Dana's yesterday for lunch. This was the second time my friend and I stopped there. The lunch was very good, reasonable price, the waitress and bartender very friendly and efficient. I find the establishment to be very inviting when I walk in the door. Very clean and the tables set up nicely. Yesterday, we took my mother who had not been there yet. She enjoyed it also and will be going back with a few relatives. Good homemade chips too!!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

When this restaurant first opened, we tried several time to dine there but the lines were too long. No surprise really, since the area generally suffers from a lack of dining options that don't require eating at a chain or frequenting tired family establishments with equally tired menus.

Well we finally were able eat at Dana's and I can say it was worth the wait.

While nicely appointed and they did what they could with the space, the atmosphere is not the highlight here and may be too dark for some depending on what table you end up at.

What really makes this place shine is the food and the service. We were greeted and seated promptly by a friendly hostess that wasn't simply going through the motions. Our waitress, Shelley, was friendly and fast, a must for us New Englanders.

As for the food, my wife's Swordfish ($23) was prepared perfectly and the bed of fried spinach chips was not only attractive visually, it tasted fantastic! The mashed cauliflower was seasoned nicely and balanced the meal nicely.

I opted for the Filet Mignon ($26) and it did not disappoint. Cooked to a beautiful mid-rare and accompanied by a seasonal maple-cinnamon butternut squash and mashed potatoes, it made for a perfect Fall meal.

Convenient to our bedroom community as well as shopping, we will definitely be back!