“NEVER, EVER, AGAIN BEWARE!!!!!”
Review of Abudanza - CLOSED

Abudanza
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My daughter and I arrived with reservations @ 4pm on a Sunday..we waited 10 minutes before being acknowledged, the waitress could not find our name..and said we couldn't use the Groupon because they had met there quota for the day, she just walked away and left. Then a waiter said we could and seated us. Thought it would be a good thing. Well we waited 20 min before he came back to table..he took our order..said they had run out of baked potato's, yet 5 minutes later another waitress was telling a table they had baked potatoes..we even saw some served to people who sat after us!!! Salad's were terrible, brown salad, was bag salad, actually end of the bag....The waiter comes and said they only have 1 filet mignon left, they ran out..so I got a Delmonico steak cooked rare..OMG we waited forever over an hour, had to ask for refills. Waiter gave us meal and never came back to check how meal was. The filet was supposed to be wrapped in bacon..it had 2 small cold pieces on top!! Ther delmonico was WELL done.. but could not find waiter to get another..never came back to table to check meals.. had to ask him for the check and a togo box to bring the steak home for pets. He took another 20 minutes for check and box...what a surprise to see a 13.00 tip added..NO WAY...we took the bill and he was right there at register for us to pay..asked to see manager..HAA HAA it was the waiter..WOW..
told him we would pay for sodas not tip..he said why..so we told him he never came back to ask how any of the food was..only to drop off food.. showed him the way the meat was cooked...he argued that he asked how food was two times...no way!!!.. I would of asked for another steak if he had..so rude..service..slow..food not good...will NEVER EVER return...It seems many people who have left reviews have had the same experience. it is disgusting!! wish I had read before buying Groupon..

4  Thank 480peggys

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I bought the same Groupon everyone else is complaining about. I had had a good lunch with a friend at Abudanza during the summer and thought that the Groupon would entice my husband to go for dinner. I called first to make sure they were open as it was a Weds night -- I was told they would be serving until 10 pm. It did not say on the Groupon that we had to let them know our reservation was with a Groupon. (Villa Rose in Ludlow does say that, but we have had Groupons honored there even without a reservation.)

There was a sign up on the entry door that they were not honoring any coupons. There were 3 parties waiting to be seated -- all had Groupons. The employee told us that their scanner was down. One couple chose to be seated and the other couple argued that if the scanner was down, he should just write the number from the app so they couldn't use it again. We had a paper certificate printed out. The other couple and both of us walked out and went elsewhere.

I have to give Groupon credit. They were very nice about refunding my money because the merchant refused to honor his commitment.

1  Thank thumper1
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Absolutely will never come here again- bought a groupon, drove half hour on our anniversary to come to dinner. 6 pm on a Tuesday, there were 2 tables in the restaurant. We were told they would not take the coupon because they had exceeded their limit they could take for the day. Asked what their limit is, they said $600. Find it hard to believe they had $600 of these with no one in the restaurant, on a Tuesday? They tried to get us to come sit and eat, and we said we drove there because we had the coupon. They refused to honor it even after we explained it was our anniversary. Staff was cold and unaccommodating.

1  Thank Brenda D
Reviewed February 2, 2014

went Saturday Feb 1 with reservations at 5:30, refused to except a coupon. The couple we went with had coupon so we thought we will try it. They had already accepted to many coupons that day. The waiter whose name escapes me was a large man, and kinda rude. We went out of our way(CT) to try this restaurant. I think if you don't live next door theres no reason to give them your hard earned money.

1  Thank Alvah T
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My wife and I are frequent patrons over here. Most every time we go it's good but on my last visit the food was superb. We both ordered the chicken marsala with wild mushrooms the chicken was juicy and tender and the wild mushrooms added a delicious earthy flavor to the dish.we both agreed this was probably the best chicken marsala we've ever had not to mention, It was so filling that I ended up taking half of it home. Very friendly staff as always. Ambience is truly one of a kind.