“Wonderful service..wonderful food”

Dining options: Reservations
Granby, Massachusetts, United States
“Wonderful service..wonderful food”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have read some of the other reviews, and honestly, cannot disagree with them more.
The food was great, my husband and I both had the chicken portobella stack, in between this stack was roasted red peppers and eggplant, excellent. Had the 5.00 martini, very tasty and than went on to the Chocolate stout beer, served in a chilled glass. The waitress/bartender could not have been more attentive, the food was excellent. Sat at the bar and watched a game and talk to some of the people around us, everyones food looked great. Warning: the burgers look like something you could share, they were huge.
Give this place a try, have to say I was impressed and we will be back

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Karen F

Southwick, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never got such awful service at a restaurant”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Went for "Girls Holiday Dinner" Saturday, 11/23 at 6:30. Martini's were $5.00. This was to help with the terrible service for sure. We were seated at our reserved table and then the evening from hell started. The host had placed a baking tray on the end of the table with cleared dirty dishes where it stayed until we decided to remove it. Totally disgusted with that. We waited to order drinks and no one came. One of the girls went to the bar and got them. The host came over and told her that she was not to do that and to sit down he would take care of it. We wondered when? The wait was so long it became comical and It went from bad to worse. While sitting and waiting to order appetizers I noticed people who had come in before us had gotten waited on. They were also served bread and dipping oil. We had nothing. Getting pretty impatient we were about to leave. The waiter told us they ran out of salad stuff. So they had to make more. At about 9:30, 3 hours later we got our meals. Yes really 3 hours later. The salad was awful. The meals were thrown together and nothing special. The food was very over priced. I was so disappointed with the whole experience. Will not recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Deb M
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Excellent food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have been to Abudanza for lunch and was very pleased with everything, so when I had the opportunity to go for dinner, I jumped at the chance. I had a restaurant.com gift certificate, and there were 4 people in our party. We took advantage of the $5 martinis, which I understand is not available every night, and we were very pleased. We had an appetizer of alligater wrapped in duck bacon. It was served nicely and was surprisingly very good. Our meals were wonderful. Served hot and the portions were very generous. The service good, and everything is made to order, so don't go there if you are in a hurry. It is a great place to go if you want to enjoy a leisurely meal. Don't forget dessert. They come around with a dessert tray, and everything looks awesome, so its hard to decide. Not one complaint with our dining experience.

Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
“GROUPON users beware!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was at the restaurant the evening of Oct. 27, our first visit. Groupon in hand, we paid $34 for an appetizer and two entrees. The reviewer who wrote the review just before mine mentioned martinis at $5.00 were a deal. Gee, I ordered a cosmopolitan, a mere ounce of vodka plus cranberry juice, and was hit with a $10.00 bill; as expensive as a cosmo in Boston! Most of the entrees were around $15.00. When the waiter, who was also the manager, mentioned the specials they sounded great so we each ordered one. It wasn't until we got the bill that we discovered the "specials" were $14.00 more than any entree on the menu at $29.00 each! Gee, he could have let us know how much more expensive they were since we did ask him if the specials were included as part of the Groupon!
When we got the bill, only $64.00 was credited to the Groupon instead of the up to $68.99 the Groupon was worth. I pointed it out to the waiter/manager who said the contract with Groupon was for $64.00 only. I repeated that this was a mistake and we should be credited. He got very unpleasant, so I responded that if we weren't give the correct amount I would write a review about it, at which point - great customer service - he said he'd credit the difference because he didn't want me to come back! His voice was raised and this was in front of everyone in the restaurant and bar. I at least felt I put him on notice that people DO look at their checks. Now I see that another reviewer below ALSO complained about how her Groupon was managed.
Our entrees were fine, the appetizer and salad pretty abysmal. The cocktails? Very expensive. And, even thought it was late on a Sunday night with only a few other people in the restaurant, the food takes FOREVER, giving you ample time to order their overpriced drinks.
Words of warning: If you go to Abudanza, ask the price of EVERYTHING before you order, and if you're using a Groupon, clarify the value with that nasty manager before you order!

5 Thank MissMonkey'sMom
Selkirk, New York
“WOW”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Service was excellent. $5 martinis are a steal. Food was hot and very good and generous portions. As opposed to some other reviews it even LOOKED good on the plate. There were 4 of us and nobody had a bad meal. My only complaint is the lack of any soup besides pasta fagioli which to me isn't soup