“Not so bad.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wilbraham
Buffalo, New York
“Not so bad.”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Was not sure what to expect with the reviews and physical appearance of this place. Overall, it's not too bad and we are considering a return trip.
The room was relatively quiet and housekeeping would be about average. There were fresh towels each day, a micro fridge and the air worked well. Plumbing worked well, hot water was sufficient and the Big Y is right next door for coffee, breakfast or snacks. Wifi worked very well. Yes, furniture is dated, but overall, it has been maintained to a sanitary and fairly comfortable standard.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Much better than you would expect from a strip motel. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, friendly and helpful staff, even the pool is pretty nice. Yeah, the furnishings are a little dated but I prefer dated over disgusting like my experience at another area hotel. If you are staying in the area, this is your best choice in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GypsyEater
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My first impression was that this was a dive motel, and that isn't entirely off-base, but the rooms are surprisingly clean and for the price I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is located on Boston Road just outside of Springfield, MA, convenient to the mall and the Springfield area colleges. Here is the good, the bad and the ugly on this hotel.

The good:
- Very clean rooms! I was there with relatives who stayed in another room, and both were very tidy and clean.
- The price is good - for the area, which is very expensive for hotels, this is an affordable option if you don't need a lot of frills.
- The Frills: Free wireless internet and HBO on the TV
- Friendly staff at the front desk

The Bad
- Furniture appears to be circa 1960 as does the fixtures
- Walls are fairly thin
- The tub didn't drain very well
- No shampoo in my room - looks like an oversight - fortunately I had brought some.

The Ugly
- A Home Depot is located behind the property and the motel is surrounded by the Home Depot Parking lot
- The trash truck and the parking lot sweeper truck driving around at 4AM and beeping when in reverse came right through the wall and ended my dreaming for the night.

Overall, it is still not a bad place for the price if you are just looking for a place to sleep in a convenient location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Moved2Texas
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I came here on an official visit in late October, 2012. Though not a first choice, I'm glad i chose to stay here. My room was compact and clean. The bed was comfortable, towels clean. The room had a fridge and a microwave. There was enough lighting, heater, warm water. free wifi, and bus stops within walking distance. To top it, the staff was courteous. The hotel owner is a very warm and friendly person. She lent me a toaster and immediately replaced the microwave when i mentioned it was not working. She conducts cooking classes, so if you are lucky, you'll get to taste some great indian food. I know I was! Great place to stay. the hotel is itself located in a nice place, not too noisy, not too quiet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank savsv
Newfield, New Jersey
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed during the Sept. Antique week. This is not a 4-star hotel but it's not the worse either. Furniture was a little dated, but it was clean and our bed was really comfortable. We had clean towels every day. The pool was clean. They have smoking & non-smoking rooms and the windows open. AC is built in the wall in your room and controlled by you. You can tell the owners watch their pennies. Ice machine is in the office and they only offer coffee in the morning. There is a very large grocery store next door so we bought food for mornings and our snacks. We had a microwave & frig(both were very clean) but no coffee maker, I found a 4 cupper at the Good Will store - so I was all set. I hope this helps you if you are booking during the Antique Weeks. Closer and fancier hotels are booked about a year in advance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We moved to Wilbraham. Our closing was still pending, so we had to stay at a motel for 2 weeks. We checked in at wilbraham inn. Our experience was very satisfying from check-in to check0out. The front desk person was very warm and friendly, he efficiently handled the check-in process. We had 2 connecting rooms since we had 2 kids. We were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness in the rooms. It had all the amenities we would need like microwave, refrigerator, hairdryer, and comfortable beds. It was nice and decently decorated. Past 2 review had made be a bit lary about trying this place, but what a pleasant surprise. I was glad I tried it any ways. My family enjoyed the motel and the location, since everything was so close by. Inspite of it being on the road it was very calm, and quiet. I would say it was very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: We took non-smoking rooms and they were very good.