“Lovely dining experience”

Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Whately
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have been to this Inn several times for dinner and have always had good food and good service. Where else can you go and get a 3 course meal for one price anymore? Most places now are ala carte. The menu is quite extensive and the filet mignon is always prepared to my liking.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at the Deerfield Inn for my boyfriend's birthday but due to the flood in 2011, their restaurant is temporarily closed so I checked some reviews for nearby restaurants. The reviews were really good for the Whately Inn so I made a reservation. All I can say is the food was great, Carrie, our server was even better. Great value since our meals included everything except our beverage from the bar. The place was very busy and everyone seemed so happy and it had a great atmosphere. I was even given a rose when I was leaving. I can't wait to go back and have told all of my friends and family to come here when they are in the area.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

My first time in Whately Inn was during the summer of 2011. At that time, we were looking for a place to substitute our beloved "Sweetheart Restaurant" in Shelburne Falls, MA, , which had closed its doors a couple of years ago. A friend of mine had been to the Whately Inn Restaurant and based on his recommendation, we decided to go there. We really loved it!

I've been there again this summer and I was not dissapointed. I had the Coquilles St Jacques in both ocasions and it was delicious and cooked to perfection. The service is good, the price is fair.

I would also recommend going for a short walk before dinner at the surroundings. This restaurant is located in an amazing spot, with great views. If you are lucky enough, you will have the chance of watching colorful baloons dancing all over the beautiful valley in front of the restaurant. Absolutely worth it!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The atmosphere is charming. The food used to be good. Not any more. Absolutely terrible and the prices have gone way up. The chef is big on grease. What happened to the Whately Inn? It was such a good place. Never again.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

The first thing you notice about the dining room at the Whately Inn is it's quaint scuffed-up, rustic quality. It's easy to imagine that it hasn't changed in 50 years - or 150! In a soon bustling room, the service was friendly and efficient, and the food was good. Excellent corn and lobster chowder, very good lamb chops dijonnaise and stuffed sole (though it wasn't actually stuffed with anything which was curious). The presentation was a bit lacking - my lamb chops were garnished with a piece of kale and a huge strawberry and the relish offering came in a bowl like you've seen in a hundred cafeterias - but that matched the quaintness of the room. We had a great time, though, and I expect we'll be back.