“Fine for me but not for everyone.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Whately Inn

Whately Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whately
Whately Inn
You added Whately Inn to your Saves list
Ranked #4 of 4 Whately B&B and Inns
New York, NY
“Fine for me but not for everyone.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

I visited Whately because I was on an art vacation making prints at Red Horse Press in Hatfield.The whately inn was nearby and suited me fine,however, that said, it's not really as quaint as the outside appears nor is it any way plush. The rooms could use updating and new mattresses. I borrowed my friend's feather bed to customize my sleeping experience.Rooms were clean but dark(I saw two different rooms) and the widows needed screens. A/C worked fine and the water pressure was great although stall shower was tiny.The staff at the inn was awesome, friendly, funny and accomodating. The restaurant downstairs is wildly popular (with the 65 and over crowd) and surprisingly I couldn't hear noise from the restaurant in my room.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank eblomster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
U.S.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2008

‎Our group of 35 + people traveled a bit over an hour to the Whately Inn on 11-29-08 to see one of the best luncheon theater shows I've ever seen. It was called Le Cabaret (not sure of the spelling) and we had a fabulous all you can eat buffet. - which had choices of food that we got to pick in advance. The turkey was cooked to perfection - moist and tender! It was their first Christmas show of the season and it was so wonderful! While the performers had only 5 people in the group, they had excellent singing, dancing, comedy impersonations and a sing a long section that was hilarious! That same group is now performing there on an ongoing basis and have a variety of different shows to offer there as the seasons change, so we all plan to go back at a later time. The girl who sold us the show from High Note productions (again not sure of the spelling) was an awesome singer and performer, in fact we thought that of their whole group. She, the sales girl - can't remember her name - was especially an encyclopedia of knowledge on the area and told us other places to visit on our trip home. These people were very sweet and that same sales girl was so exhuberant and I'll never forget her bidding us farewell on our bus and blowing us air kisses as she wildly waved a smiling good bye when we were pulling the bus out of the parking lot. Only draw backs we noted for this place were if your group is large, there are some big wooden poles that might visually get in the way of seeing the show. Just ask to sit somewhere else and they are very accomodating. Also, there was a ton of construction on interstate on the way home. Maybe you should pick another way to go till that construction is over as we sat in traffic for quite a while.

• Liked — The food and the Cabaret theater luncheon show
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008
1 Thank pinkirishrose
mass
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2008

i have never stayed there but was always a place that we loved to go and eat. The last two times were the worst. In Oct there was hair in the side dish. The waitress was new and had no clue. Last night I took a friend out and it was so bad. For that kind of money now a days I think they better wake up! I had the baked stuffed shrimp, the stuffing was like paste wet and the shrimp were like rubber. My friend had the sole and took one bite and was done. She is never one to complain but said it had no tast and she loves it and has had it out before but not at The Whatley Inn. We also were served not cold but luke warm potatoes..... You can have it, Where is Mike the FATHER come back..........

Stayed November 2008
1 Thank khdlr
Salina Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

We loved the Whately Inn.
We stayed 4 nights, and our party took up all the rooms.
The rooms were very nice. What we expected from a Inn. Bed was comfortable.
Rooms have AC & TV
Each room has a bathroom with a shower.
Attached door can be opened between two rooms if desired.

We had dinner in the dining room 3 of the 4 evening. Food was FABULOUS!! No need to dine anywhere else.
Service was excellent.

Worth a visit!

• Liked — The rooms were Victorian and very charming
  • Disliked — Lighting is pretty dim- would like the bathroom lighting to be a little brighter for getting ready in the morning.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Shutterbug101
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2008

The room was not lavish, but very comfortable and clean. the price was very reasonable. We stayed for two nights and were very pleased.

• Stayed July 2007
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank YellowK
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2003

Though from the outside this place was cute and dinner in the restaurant was a good value with a really nice staff, the room upstairs was dingy, musty and thread-bare - a real disappointment. If you're really stuck, this place won't kill ya' but sheesh! was I expecting something more comfortable. lumpy mattress, smelly carpet, broken tv and leaky, dirty shower with no tub (though I was told it had a full bath when I made my reservation). Dinner - yes - but don't stay if you can avoid it.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whately
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield
Hotel UMass
#1 of 3 in Amherst
4.0 of 5 stars 424 reviews
Courtyard Hadley Amherst

Been to Whately Inn? Share your experiences!