“Great local Italian restaurant”
Review of Ecco Trattoria

Ecco Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Ecco Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 120 Restaurants in Weymouth
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great local Italian restaurant”
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Decided to try this restaurant based on some recommendations. The outside is deceiving, it is much nicer inside and has a great atmosphere. Food was very good and service was great. Would definite go back!

2 Thank bmv1974

Hanover, Massachusetts
“Great Food with great prices”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Ecco has an Italian night that you just can't beat! The price is great and the staff is friendly~ The Food always nice and hot and Good!!!
Tuesday and Wednesday is Italian Night and Thursday they have the Seafood Specials ~ All very Good! It is a comfy little place and they make a great Martini ~ The Pumpkin Martin is The Best ~ We had an expresso Martini at Great Chow the other night ~ Two thumbs down (But that is another review) HA!

2 Thank Ann R
Weymouth, Massachusetts
“Delightful!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Very good food and staff is awesome.. Small place and hidden away but definitely worth stopping by.. Even nice for apps and drinks!! A must try!!!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank shkelley187
Abington, Massachusetts
“Almost perfect!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We went to Ecco for the Friday night Lobster special and were NOT disappointed about the food which was truly excellent.

The 2 lonely anchovies for the salad that we ordered as extra at 25 cents a serving was a bit expensive; too bad ... it was ok after all because the salad was very good.

Michelle was our server and she gave us such superb service throughout the meal, when I go back I hope to be able to request a table served by her.

Our lobster dish was very good, the dessert we shared was delicious, but the espresso coffee was NOT espresso at all! You know what I mean if you are familiar with the real thing; the cups were too big and so were the spoons; it could have been worse about the spoons because we got the spoons for the regular coffee which I understand are not used at all, instead soup spoons are the norm with their service.

I am a native Italian.... and the espresso coffee is very important to me at the end of each meal and the correct serving of it is as important as my meal. I think any Italian restaurant that does NOT have a decent espresso coffee should abstain from selling substitute mediocre attempt to do so .... just offer the regular coffee ... I might be disappointed when you tell me that you don’t have it, but at least it will not be $7.50 wasted to drink a warm dark brown liquid.

That too is very important the espresso MUST be hot, not warm and bring the sugar every time with you, very few individuals drink REAL espresso without sugar. A small lemon peel, a tiny Italian cookie and a glass of water are the expected way of serving it. In Randolph the Italian famous pizza/restaurant location knows how to do it!!!

I remember that Ecco used to have tablecloths (just like it is shown in the photo), I went there expecting a tablecloth.... none on the tables. Please bring them back! When I leave my home to go out to dinner to a restaurant, I expect a properly set table with clean flatware and dishes, (all the necessary serving instruments); in other parts of our Country they have tablecloths on tables even in pubs (not at the bar or the lounge); would like to see certain refinement brought back in our lives here too.

Thank you for allowing me to express my opinion.

3 Thank MAST48
Braintree, Massachusetts
“Incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is one of the best Italian restaurants ever!!!!!!!! Doesn't look like much since it is located in a strip mall but a hidden jewwl! Every item on the menu is mouth watering. Can't speak to the desserts as I have never had room to sample any.

2 Thank Susan C