“A dive bar, but GREAT pizza”
Review of Denly Gardens INC

Denly Gardens INC
Ranked #9 of 120 Restaurants in Weymouth
Cuisines: Pizza
Boston, MA
“A dive bar, but GREAT pizza”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I've been eating at Denly's since as far back as I can remember. The place is a major dive. It's tiny inside (maybe 10 rickety wooden booths) and it probably hasn't been redecorated since 1933. Expect a wait at dinner time, but the pizza's well worth it. You'll get a wonderful, thin crust homemade pie at a great price. Does anyone order anything else there but the pizza? Likely not, and why would you. The waitresses are friendly, the plates and napkins are made of paper, but if you're looking for a great pizza, a cold beer, and you love a local dive, Denly's is the place to go.

Two notes: Parking is tough in the neighborhood. There's a small lot across the street if you're lucky enough to find a space there. And bring cash. Denly's doesn't take credit cards.

• Visited April 2013

Annapolis, Maryland
“Great food and nostalgic atmosphere”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I like the Sorento pizza with its rich garlic taste. The Napoli pizza is great as well. Check out the old time stand up bar and interesting photos. Bathrooms are old and small (original from 1933?). Nice little hole in the wall kind of place.

1 Thank Formulaman84
Hull, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Favorite Indulgence”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have been going here for over 25 years. They make the best thin crust italian pizza, the beer is always extra cold and I love standing at the bar and having a greek salad and cheese pizza, with a Rolling Rock. They are one of the few bars in the area the serve rolling Rock. Also love the San Pellegrino drinks. Also love the good looking bartenders and the female bartender that loves Louis Vuitton handbags

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Dana R
Hingham, Massachusetts
“Good pizza for take out”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We decided to try this place as our usual pizza place closed down. The pizza is great for take out. I loved the cheese and the crust was just right, not to thick or thin. A bit oily, but that added to the flavor and I wasn't looking for a healthy meal, but a good pizza.

I don't think I would go there for a meal as the place itself had much to be desired. It has been there a long time, so they must be doing something right and it is the food not the place itself.

• Visited November 2012
Weymouth, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best pizza around!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Both my husband love Denley's pizza - if you like the think crust this is the place to get it - I also get their Butternut squash ravioli - it is sooo good - we got take out and they gave us some nice warm brad also - we go all the time!

Visited November 2012