“Terrible place to stay”
Review of Boston Motel

Boston Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Weymouth
Reviewed October 26, 2009

My wife and I and my son stayed there and we all had seperate beds. My wifwe woke up with bed bug bites all over her body. Terrible itching for more than a week. My so and I didn't get bit and we are not sure why.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 17, 2009

Its funny to think back on this hotel now but living it was a nightmare. Me and my husband stayed here, everything else was booked. First off the room was TINY. I mean really small. There wasnt much room to move around. The room was really dark and outdated. The carpet felt wet the entire time I was here. People living out of shopping carriages staying at hotel. Also part of the hotel was people who lived there. I was put upstairs and the staircase to get to my room was enclosed. The staircase absolutely reaked. I cant even describe the smell. Me and my husband tried to find things to keep the door open to air it out but it kept getting shut. I opened the window to the staircase which didnt help. The window had what can only be decribed as what looked like male bodily fluid stained on it. Really the most disgusting hotel I have ever seen. I didnt have the breakfast I was too scared. Tried to spend as much time away from the hotel as possible.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2009

I stayed here for two days and was pleasantly surprised with how clean they were, especially looking at the reviews. I was always afraid of smaller hotels because I always thought they were dirty but it was clean and the room was in good condition. I didn't pay a lot of money either. Very good service and value for money

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2009

This place was the worst motel I have ever stayed at. The property is not well maintained, and none of the air conditioners have had filters replaced. Running your AC makes the room smell of urine. The carpet in the room was dirty and moldy. The bathroom was dirty. The upholstery on the chair in the room was dirty. There was a terrible smell in the hallways from overflowing trash, not to mention the terrible smell in the room. If you're brave enough to stay here, make sure your tetanus shot us up to date. Better rooms are available for less money two exits up the highway!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
9  Thank niwrik
Reviewed June 5, 2009

Needed a room for a few hrs, did not want to rent a car, and wanted to use public transport from Boston airport. Stayed here despite negative reviews.
Room was small, maybe 150 square feet.
This room (138?)room was not ADA compliant.
Was concerned about safety.Hotel in a quiet semi rural area. I walked from the line 225 bus stop about < 1/2 miles from the hotel. I walked around the neighborhood late at night, had no problems. There is a wooded area next to the hotel where I sat at a picnic table in the am to listen to the singing birds. Trash can was full of beer cans, may be some validity to the review that said that homeless were in the lot. Did not see any riff raff in the lot on the Sat night when I was there.
Outside of some dirt in light dome in the room entry , room was surprisingly clean. There were some minor cosmetic defects in the bathroom tiles and some holes(burn marks?) on the back of the comforter. SHEETS WERE CLEAN.
Room had a perfume smell, opened the window for a few mins, smell disappeared
Noise was an issue, I my room was on the bottom floor of a 2 story hotel w 3 separate wings. The people above me had an orgy, made loud sounds when they stomped around and when they turned on the water. Loudest sound was when the rain hit the part of ac unit that protruded outside the window. Put a towel over it, noise stopped. Stay on top (2nd floor). It will be probably be quieter. There is no elevator.
Staff was cordial.
Included in the price is parking, basic continental breakfast, jacuzzi that I could not find ( no pool/ gym), wifi access in room and a computer in lobby, newsppaper in lobby,clock radio, phone w no charge to dial out, it had v/m.There was a coffee maker and refrigerator in the room,clean/ comfortable bed , and tv w many channels.
Took Silver Line from airport to South Station , got on Red line, got off at Quincy Station, got on line 225 bus, walked about 15 mins to hotel. Total trip from plane to room was about 90 mins. U can get off at Braintree, think there is something called the BLD bus that runs by hotel, but not late at night. Commuter train (25 minute ride from Boston) stops at Weymouth Landing 1.5 miles away, u can take line 225 from there too. I heard u can take a ferry from the airport to Quincy too. Check MBTA website for more info. If u take cab from either station, shouldn't cost much. If u drive here from Boston, doesn't take long, ez to find. Close to Route 3.
Some people I sw used this place as base for going to Boston, even w the cost of the train, it's cheaper than staying in Boston. Parking alone in some Boston hotels can cost as much as $45/ night.
Close to an Asian restaraunt and a sports bar, some fast food places,K Mart, Dollar Tree, and some drug stores. Hotel does not have a place to eat other than vending machines and the complimentary breakfast.
Joined the rewards club at no charge, got points for my stay. Room only cost about $70.
This isn't a luxury hotel, no chocolate candy left on your pillow, but it wasn't the dump portrayed in some other reviews, maybe I got lucky.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
6  Thank ibbyCalif
Reviewed May 5, 2009

This was the far worst motel that I have ever stayed in, and I have done alot of traveling. We chose this because there seemed to be not much else nearby. When we arrived I was shocked to see that this motel as also serving as a live-in homeless shelter of some sort. There were many people milling around outside and cooking on small grills, obviously not on vacation. Since we had no choice, we checked in. The room we were given was at the end of a dark hallway, and literally underground. On opening the door, the smell of death or something like it came at us. It was the most disgusting room I have ever seen & smelled. I am sure there was at a time not long ago, a dead body in this room. I went back to the desk clerk & told him there was no way I was staying in there. He gave us another room, in a part of the complex that was closer to the office, which I am sure were the 'good' rooms. This was also terrible, but did not have the smell of death-thank god. We stayed one night and checked out the next morning drove awhile & found something much better. You do get what you pay for!! Cheap is not always good!! We can joke about the experience now, but it was really a nightmare.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
6  Thank tctrippy
Reviewed October 11, 2008

I'm very glad I didn't read the (so-called) reviews here
or I might not have considered staying here.

I happened to come to this Super 8 after a long, frustrating drive
in which I found the road signs misleading or totally absent.

This super 8 provided a CLEAN room
and friendly courteous service.

There were no holes in any bed covers,
there was no stale smell in the room,
the bathroom was sparkling clean
and everything worked correctly.
No drips or stains.

The bed was very comfortable;
the bed linens and towels were clean and plentiful.
There were lots of channels on the TV;
I had fun playing with the remote control.

I am a senior citizen grandmother.
I would recommend this motel to my friends and family.
I was very satisfied.

I will add that I stayed
in a __NON-SMOKING__ room.
So of course it didn't smell bad.
It smelled CLEAN.

Grandma S from California

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank GrammaS
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weymouth
Best Western Rockland
Beantown Inn
Beantown Inn
#5 of 7 in Braintree
Boston Marriott Quincy

Been to Boston Motel? Share your experiences!