“Just an Average Place”

Add it.
Victoria's Cucina Italiana
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I tried this restaurant after hearing good things about it. Overall, not bad, but nothing special. Just a place to fill up. As usual, started off with glasses of tap water. The chlorine taste is strong, so if you go, get a lemon wedge in the water to kill the taste. Hopefully the restaurant will serve filtered water if they read this. Bread and olive oil were very good. The fried calamari appetizer was excellent - crispy, plenty of both tentacles and rings, good marinara sauce, plus banana peppers. My wife's salad was good and huge. I ordered the veal parm dinner, but got chicken parm instead (kitchen mixup, I was told, oh well). My wife's fish dinner was OK, but they could have made it so much better if they used fresh olives (like in the salad) and not canned sliced olives. The waitress tried to convince us they were the same olives, but believe me, my wife knows her olives! Never came by to check on us until the end of the meal, and we waited a long time for her to come back to our table for our credit card, so I had to get up and track her down (we were the last ones in the restaurant by this time, so no excuse). Also, for the last 20 minutes of our meal, we had to put up with hearing the cooks whoop it up in the kitchen - so much for a nice quiet dinner! If this place concentrated more on the little things, the place would be a 4 or a 5.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Our son took us out to dinner here and it was wonderful. Excellent ambiance, comfortable seating, attentive staff. The grandkids had steak and fries, which they polished off almost entirely. Two of us had the seared scallops, done to a turn-- but not beyond-- so succulent rather than rubbery. I had the crab cake app (delicious) and the salad with lardons and egg frisee (copious & savory). Some of us indulged in luscious ice cream, while others enjoyed excellent after dinner coffee. We were treated, so my idea of prices is sketchy, but my sense of it was very good value for money.

Reviewed July 23, 2011

The food is always good and the place is never crowded. It's not too pricey either.

1  Thank huajima