“Would return, maybe”

Blue Orchid
Ranked #18 of 28 Restaurants in Westwood
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just stopped in here for lunch with my daughter. The place was nearly empty. Nice decor, but I imagine the open floorplan and hardwood might get noisy when it's busy. Food was fine for what it was: my daughter ordered two starters (vegetarian dumplings and rangoons) while I asked for the Pad Thai. The server was holding down the entire place, from the front desk (I saw multiple take-out orders) to refreshing water and taking orders. She was very polite and efficient, but we had one little misstep: she didn't understand that the starters were to be my daughter's meal, so my pad thai was not served at the same time as her food. The result was me sitting there with no food while my daughter ate slowly, trying to wait. When it arrived the pad thai was huge but mostly noodles, a few vegetable slices in it for color (it also has small pieces of chicken, some egg and a few shrimp). I don't eat Chinese food much, so I wouldn't hurry back, but the experience wasn't awful. Total tab: $24 before tip.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

People who KNOW and LOVE chinese food will not go here. I ordered beef dish and was stunned. It tasted like something I would stir fry at home!! My cooking is not good. My purpose for going out chinese is for that chinese taste I crave occasionally. I am used to excellent Chinese food and believe me, these people are not cooks. I bet they just decided to open a chinese restaurant one day and people in this little town don't know much about Chinese food. It was so NOT flavorful! They don't know how to cook and the secret to Chinese food is the sauce each Chefs create. Sauce is like their secret ingredient. Blue Orchid was one of the worst chinese food I have ever tasted. Westwood could really use an excellent Chinese eatery. Sorry for being so brutally honest but they have some business only because there is no other chinese here.

1  Thank jennifer c
Reviewed April 6, 2012

This is a small great restaurant with super luncheon specials and dinnner entrees. It has a liquor license. The service is friendly and they also deliver if you are close.
Hen hao

Reviewed February 6, 2012

My family gets our Chinese from Blue Orchard and we like it

Reviewed June 2, 2010

Good food, friendly staff and a clean place. Not much of those around these days! But be careful when driving to this place b/c it's tucked away in an old strip mall behind the Dunkin Donuts on 109! But once you figure out where it is, you'll be back for more! Best rangoons I ever tasted!!!

3  Thank omi6osh