Here's the gist:
1. Parking is $8.00 for Massachusetts residents, $12.00 for out of state cars.
2. The beach closes during bad weather, so check the forecast before you go.
3. The sand is lovely and soft, but there is a strip of rocks and gravel near the shoreline. There is also a strip of rocks and gravel just past the shoreline in the water. The shelling at Horseneck Beach isn't great, but there are a lot of lovely rocks for rock collectors.
4. The waves were pretty rough and one of the locals said that was typical.
5. There are lifeguards on duty and they do a pretty good job of watching the swimmers.
6. The water is clean and clear (for Massachusetts) and we didn't encounter any sea grass or seaweed.
7. If you want a calmer beach, try the one just up the road (turn right if you're driving out of the parking lot). We drove past it while sightseeing and didn't stop, but the water was much calmer and there didn't appear to be a parking fee.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.