“Friendly and inviting”

Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Westport
“Friendly and inviting”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Clean, safe hotel, next door to a very good restaurant but need transport to go to nearby cities. Staff is welcoming and very helpful, rooms are comfortable, clean and inviting. Pool, hot tub, exercise room all offer additional activity for each member of the family.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HIW02790, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Doris S 117 -

Thank you very much for your 5 dot rating and taking time to write a review. We appreciate your comments of clean, safe and next door to a good restaurant (that must have been Galley Grill). We are about 1/4 mile from another restaurant, but it is a walk along a busy road. We will share the information with our staff about their welcome and helpful demeanor. We are very pleased your room and bed were comfortable and clean. Our indoor pool, whirlpool and fitness center are a nice additional item to enjoy!

Please return soon. I am happy to assist in anyway.

Jodi Boland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Polish first
New England
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Clean, quiet, efficient -- everything was just right, for a very good rate. The bed was comfortable, the room fresh, the bathroom sparkly clean, lots of towels, and I even liked the complimentary breakfast. I didn't expect luxury but this place was nicer than I expected.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Julie Zuck,

We very much appreciate the time you took to write a trip advisor review. Thank you for your kind words and 5 dot rating. We were glad that you experienced a quiet, clean, efficient, comfortable bed, fresh room, sparkling bathroom and very good rate!

We hope you will return soon.

Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed March 26, 2014

This is located at the edge of Fall River and beginning of Westport. It is situated literally right next to the highway but in Massachusetts road planning style, it's a bit more complicated to reach. It's central location is great if you don't want to be in Fall River, want to get to Westport beach (10 minute ride), Providence is 20 minutes, Cape is 30 minutes. Whites (a convention center) is walking distance next door).
Ok so there is a good amount of parking and this is a larger Hampton than most I've seen. The rooms are a tad smaller but are furnished nicely. The linens were all clean. I didn't see anything really different than most other Hamptons, so if you're looking for the same quality here is no exception.
The staff was nice and accommodating on check in. I had to leave earlier than breakfast serving times so I missed out on that.
I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HIW02790, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Rhody Photographer from Warwick Rhode Island,

We very much appreciate your 4 dot rating! Yes, we are very convenient to a variety of areas, thank you for pointing that out. We appreciate you sharing that we have the same quality as other Hampton Inn's. Our Hilton Brand is very strick about the quality. We will be sure to share with staff that they were nice and accommodating. In future, please ask for a breakfast to go bag if you are leaving early!

Hope we see you again in the future.

Falmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I don't normally do these things, but seeing as my sister's wedding weekend was destroyed by this poor excuse for an establishment, I would just like to put it out there. First I would like to say that this hotel was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. My sister rented approximately 19 rooms for her Wedding guests months ago. We ran into nothing but issues the entire weekend that we stayed here. Not to mention the staff were not helpful at all and were completely unapologetic for all of the issues that occurred! Including telling my sister on her WEDDING DAY that they weren't going to provide the shuttle for her wedding guests to get back & forth. (that she had a written contract that was to be provided) Then proceeded to tell her "oh well, I don't know what to tell you" as if it was her fault. Multiple guests were given attitudes upon check-in and some, the hotel apparently "lost" their reservations and made them pay another rate as opposed to the wedding rate in which was booked with. Again, without any apology and acted like it was the "guests" fault. This place has the absolute poorest excuse for customer service and they ought to be ashamed of themselves. I seriously hope no one stays here or you will surely be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HIW02790, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Natalie from Falmouth Massachusetts,

We regret that you left our hotel after a weekend of wedding related gatherings feeling the way you do about your experience. As indicated by many other trip advisor comments we do care and work hard at "satisfying every guest, every time."

Arlington, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I choose this hotel specifically for the location because it was a couple of minutes from the office I was working in. There's not much around the hotel you must drive if you wanna grab some food. Overall the hotel was clean and nice right off the highway.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HIW02790, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Johann C from Arlington ~

Thank you very much for taking time to write a trip advisor review. We appreciate the 4 dot rating. You are correct, very conveniently positioned just off of the 195, exit 9. We do have a restaurant with in 2 parking lots walking distance called Galley Grill. Other than that we could have provided menu's to order from Galley Grill, Pizza or a few other restaurants. With in a short driving distance there are several non-chain restaurants. A 10 minute drive to chain restaurants. Our staff will be pleased to know that there diligence in cleaning were noticed.

We look forward to seeing you in the future, if your travels bring you back to Westport, Massachusetts.

Thank you again!

Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend getaway. It is about one hour to Boston, half hour to Newport and Providence. The staff are vey friendly. The room is clean and comfortable for a family with a kid. We really enjoyed the free breakfast. Will definitely come back in the future. The only thing we feel regret is that we didn't take our swimming gears to enjoy the warm pool.

Stayed March 2014
HIW02790, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Chi G from Cambridge Massachusetts -

Thank you very much for taking time to write the trip advisor review. We appreciate your high scores in all categories. We are glad you enjoyed our hot breakfast buffet and the convenience to Newport, Providence and Boston in terms of location.

You will definitely have to come back to enjoy our pool.
Thanks again!

Hampton Inn Westport, Massachusetts
Manchester, United States
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed at this hotel as part of an accommodation package for a wedding I was in. At first glance the hotel was nice, great lobby area with friendly staff. In the morning I was pleasantly surprised to enjoy a wonderful complimentary breakfast with all the amenities. Although I did not try it out, the pool area looked fabulous also! I did experience an unfortunate event during my stay but the Assistant Manager was very kind an gracious in earning not only my approval with the way everything was handled but now my loyalty as an HHonors Member. Whenever I travel, I will surely be looking for a Hilton Hotel to stay at!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Jenna G from Manchester,

Thank you for your trip advisor review. We are pleased you are now a Hilton Honors Loyal Member. Good to know you were impressed by our friendly staff, great lobby and wonderful breakfast.

The Hilton Family looks forward to the opportunity of welcoming you in the future!

Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westport
Comfort Inn & Suites Fall River
Bristol Harbor Inn
#1 of 1 in Bristol
Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford
Hampton Inn New Bedford / Fairhaven

Been to Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport? Share your experiences!