“Great place to stay given the rates”

Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Westport
Beverwijk, The Netherlands
“Great place to stay given the rates”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

We read some of the comments before we decided to stay here and we must say: we like the place. A lot! We stayed on the second floor at the back, away from the freeway, nice and quiet. The rooms are have a good size, are well kept, clean as is the bathroom.

We did have some spiders in the room. The building is next to water and infested on the outside with spiders and the small ones creep in through the AC, but we reported it and the problem was taken care of. No bedbugs or anything of the sort. If there is a complaint, it's the tv: there is hardly any channel that is watchable due to noise.

Breakfast is okay, but it is amazing to see how some people stuff their faces. They also have wine and cheese and crackers between 5 and 7 and we saw a couple with kids piling up cheese and crackers on their plates like there was no tomorrow.

The staff of the hotel is very friendly and helpful. When there is an issue, they listen and solve it for you. People complaining in other comments should voice their complaints better and get to an understanding in the hotel. Now I think they take it out in the comments. As to the security issues: it would be good to activate the key card locks on the exit doors.

Oh, there's also a basketball field and two hard courts to play tennis next to the pool and jacuzzi.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the freeway, it's a lot more quiet
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Toekook
HIW02790, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Thank You for your nice remarks. We are very happy that your stay was pleasant. We take pride in our hotel, and are pleased when our guests leave happy. Hope you can stay with us again soon. Thanks Again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Sturbridge
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

I cannot believe the waste at breakfast. Come on if Hilton want demand Hampton franchises to recyle at all why doesn't the owner/operators start themselves. At least some recycling. Good grief. Then boast it you're doing it! And I bet your hotel will do even better.

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Changeabit
HIW02790, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about recycling. I am happy to tell you that our hotel does recycle. All cups and plates used at breakfast and in all sleeping rooms are part of the "Take Care " program by Hilton. The plates are actually made of recycled potato. We also recycle all cardboard.
Please stay with us again soon.
Ashburn, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

The first room had hair in the bed, mold in the bathroom and bedbugs. I awoke Saturday morning to find a bedbug crawling on my sons bed and bites on my arms, hands and feet. I killed the bug, packed my things and alerted the housekeeper. She contacted the front desk and I went down with my luggage. At the desk, the clerk apologized and said he would credit me ( only took $60 off bill). He offered another room. I left my suitcase in car and only brought up overnight bag. I also bought new night clothes. In the new room, I was attacked on face and neck by bugs. Then at 2 am the smoke alarm went off only in our room. I called front desk and a man came and dismantled the alarm. He stated that this occasionally happens in this room. REALLY!

1 Thank RB1988
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your stay. I want to personally apologize for the failure in our extermination program. Our contracted company has been made aware and has treated the problem. This pest problem is just one of the newest challenges of the hospitality industry.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us.
Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

This Hampton has remodeled in the past couple years and they needed to, however the remodel has not been kept up! The first morning we stayed during our visit, I showered and realized there was hair strands, (not mine), all over the shower walls, the tub was not draining, and there is mold growing on the ceiling of the bathroom (no bathroom fan) and on the shower caulking. I went to front desk and asked that they at least correct the drain and clean the hair off the walls. That evening when we returned, the shower had been fixed and "cleaned," but the mysterious hairs were still on the walls of the shower. Poor and sloppy housekeeping. Furthermore, I don't let mold grow in my bathroom at home, and I don't want to see it in my hotel room either!
Our room also had a security issue. Three nights in a row, we returned to our room to find our door ajar. It was not closing properly when the housekeeper left. So, needless to say, our door was unlocked all day while we were out. I called on the 3rd night and they fixed it the next day. I guess I should not have expected the houskeeper to notice the open door, when they cannot notice the hair on the shower walls. :(

1 Thank wattersjulie
HIW02790, Manager at Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay. This is unusual for our hotel since most comments are very good or excellent. I apologize that your bathroom was not as clean as our own standards demand. A clean bathroom is basic for a good stay. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns.
Rock Hill, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

our whole family woke up to screams around 3am one night because of tremendous noise from yelling and violence on our floor! it sounding like someone was being beaten-up. after calling the front desk, we were told that police had been called.

our family will not plan another stop here.

1 Thank thecrochets
HIW02790, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport, responded to this review, July 16, 2011
I am so sorry about your experience. I can certainly understand and appreciate your concerns. It is sad that a couple of wedding guests decide to create a disturbance at that time of night.
Please stay with us again so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

This hotel is located off I195 in Westport. It is near Horseneck beach and 20 minutes to Bristol and Roger Williams University. It is typical Hampton inn except the decor' is unique and very nice. The pool,hot tub, and gym are all located just off the elevator so you don't have to wander through the halls to find it.

The breakfast was nice and there were plenty of choices. My only problem is that one of the host seemed to use her gloved hand for a variety of tasks and not just for handling the food.

This is not a non-smoking hotel. If you have an issue with smoking make sure you specify a room away from the smoking rooms.

Although Hampton Inn advertises clean linens for each guest, including the comforter, our sheets were damp and the comforter had a smoky smell to it. The comforter also had a cigarette burn. The second day I put on the "clean linen" sign on the bed but the same smelly comforter was placed on the bed.

The hotel front desk staff seemed to talk amongst themselves and would not stop long engough to acknowledge a guest walking though the lobby. The housekeeping staff always had a smile.

This area has a limited amount of resturaunt choices.

Room Tip: Smoking hotel. Make sure to request non-smoking floor.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank theexpert
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

Stayed 3 nights, 2rooms, 2 couples. Very convenient location for touring. Staff generally very attentive & friendly particularly in breakfast area. Pool & Spa were clean. Rooms were spotless. HOWEVER when we returned from a full day out our room door was not shut and accessible to all, I reported this to the Manageress on duty who was suitably shocked and apologetic. The following morning whilst dressing watched a 'hobo' who appeared to have slept in his car below our window enter the hotel through unlocked side door and return to his car with full ice containers and drive off. On our return from a second day out our room was again unlatched and unlocked, bearing in mind that entrances are unsupervised, this is to my mind a serious security issue. I reported this to reception stressing that the same thing had happened the day before and the response was less than reassuring, grudgingly accepting my comments that this was less than acceptable. Same guy was on reception, on telephone, when we checked out the following morning and did not acknowledge our presence. This aspect of our visit unfortunately detracted from an otherwise excellent stay

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tonyitfc
HIW02790, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Thank You for making the effort to share your thoughts of your past stay. Our maintenance depertment has corrected the guest room door so it shuts fully on its own. It was nice to hear that you were happy with the staff, rooms, pool, spa and breakfast while in Westport. Please stay with us again soon. Again, Thank You.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westport
Comfort Inn & Suites Fall River
Bristol Harbor Inn
#1 of 1 in Bristol
Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford
Hampton Inn New Bedford / Fairhaven

Been to Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport? Share your experiences!