“Good place to stay close to Fall River MA”

Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This was a very clean and comfortable place to stay. The room in the back of the building was nice and quiet. Staff was helpful and friendly. Pool was not too warm and great for swimming laps. Breakfast was good. Make your own waffles and pastries.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank k51773
HIW02790, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2011

Glad to see you liked our hotel. Thank You for taking the time to give your positive feedback. Besides being near Fall River we are a great location to use as home base to visit Boston, Newport and Cape Cod. Hope you return soon.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport

Reviewed May 31, 2011

Stayed here on our way to Newport, R.I. Nice, comfortable hotel, but the bathroom and the beds were smaller than most Hampton Inns. They advertise a restaurant next door but it looked empty, so we drove 6 miles to find a place to eat. Elevator was way in the back of the hotel rather than in the front, which was ignoring.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank murphy16
HIW02790, Manager at Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2011

Thank You for taking the time to share your nice comments about our hotel. It is too bad that you didn't eat at the Galley Grill next to the hotel. Many guests comment on how they enjoyed the food and drinks while being only a few steps away. Our desk staff also have menus and directions for all food types in our area.

Reviewed January 25, 2011

This has to be one of the best hotel stays I have had at a hotel, while traveling. I was a bit hesitant after reading a recent negative customer review but when I noticed the manager responded and apologized to the customer's poor experience I felt confident this was the hotel for me. I was not disappointed! It was a great hotel, great customer service, clean room, comfortable bed, a fitness center that was awesome, as well as a very clean pool and hot tub! Who could ask for more when traveling away from home. I would stay here again, no question. As a matter of fact this hotel has set the bar for all my future hotel experiences. I forgot to mention the great complimentary breakfast spread and comfortable seating area to drink a cup of coffee and catch up on the morning news and newspapers. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel as a wonderful place to stay. I just hope the next time I am in the area there are some rooms available!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank sweetdreamnorth
Reviewed December 13, 2010

When I first got to my room I was taken aback by the amount of hair in the bathroom: on the floor, in the tub, on the counters, on the towels. I never go barefoot in hotel rooms, but this bathroom reminded me why. When I pulled back the comforter on the bed, I noticed not one, not two, but twenty hairs in the bed, all the same type as I'd seen in the bathroom. I asked for the sheets to be changed, but when I went back to my room, I noticed there was still hair in the bed. I complained once more at the front desk, and shortly thereafter, a housekeeper came to my room. She gave me attitude from the second I opened the door, asking what my problem was and insisting she had changed the sheets so what else did I want her to do. Even after I showed her the hair, she continued to yell at me. Finally, she changed the sheets again. I also asked her to take away the comforter, as it was absolutely covered in hair. She never apologized, nor did anyone else from the hotel. It's unfortunate because I make a lot of trips to the area for work and the location is very convenient, but I will not stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank BusinssTraveler123
HIW02790, Manager at Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2010

Greetings BusinssTraveler123:

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your stay. I want to personally apologize that the hotel was not as clean as our standards demand. A clean fresh room that has been prepared for our guests is basic for a good stay. You can be confident that we will follow up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed May 24, 2010

This hotel's staff is #1 in service. From the minute we checked in to the minute we checked-out the staff could not do more to help us and make sure that we had whatever we needed. We were traveling with friends (who were pretty needy) and also our children. They helped us with directions, things to do and where to go to get things that we forgot to bring.
Also, the hotel was very neat and clean. I am a stickler for tidiness and this hotel earned an A+++ from our entire group! Definitely the place to stay when you are in the Southcoast!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank onlyrenay
Reviewed January 24, 2010

We last stood summer of 2008. The hotel was just finishing a renovation. We liked what was done to the hotel. Our room had a wall unit with a desk and chair that you can move which is nice. I have not seen this at other Hamptons. The hotel and pool is kept very clean. This trip we found new breakfast items have been added such as bacon and hash browns. Also the hotel offers HOT SOUP, cheese and crackers in the PM hours, which hit the spot. The staff remains helpful as always. We look foward to returning this summer. This hotel just gets better and better.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2009

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn several times over the years and every time we say the same thing, its a great bang for the buck. This time we were pleasantly surprised at how nice the recent renovations were. Only thing I would suggest is asking for a room facing away from the highway as we were the closest room to it and facing toward it so you could hear traffic in the morning. The free breakfast and Wi-Fi is a nice bonus. They added an indoor pool and hot spa which the kids loved and the staff there is always super nice. The location is great as others have mentioned as its 15 mins from Horseneck Beach and New Bedford and 5 mins from downtown Fall River. Overall we love this place.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westport
Comfort Inn & Suites Fall River
Best Western Dartmouth Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn New Bedford / Fairhaven
Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth
Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford

Been to Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport? Share your experiences!