“Ok not great but not bad”

Marguerite's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 32 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Rhode Island
“Ok not great but not bad”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Ate there just recently and it was just ok not as great as it has been other time I ate there, But still good I will return.

• Visited September 2013

Westport, Massachusetts, United States
“French Bistro in the village”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Marguerite's in Westport Village is our restaurant of choice. We live in Westport, and dine here several times each month. After ten years, I can say we have never been disappointed. The ingredients are very, very fresh, and organic and locally sourced whenever possible. The food is creative and beautifully presented. A favorite summer dish is the summer salad, called something like "It's finally summer!" - delicious breast of rabbit served over new greens with blueberries and a few other yummie veggies - and a delicious viniagrette. It's also done with roasted chicken breast. Their 'stuffies" - the Southcoast term for stuffed clams - are hands down the best in the area - and that includes all of Rhode Island. The wine list is reasonably priced and varied enough to satisfy anyone's palate. Stanard menu items that we love are the stuffed sole; fish sandwich; veggie burger; the home made rolls that come with everything!; haddock with lobster crumb topping - to just name a few. The wait staff are long time members of this restaurant family and are very professional. We just love going to Marguerite's. If you are in Westport, this is a MUST stop - they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday - Saturday. Closed Sundays. Trip Advisor asks me to state if this is one of the best meals I've ever had in a restaurant - I have to say EVERY meal at Marguerite's is a "best" meal!

• Visited September 2013
pittsburgh
“What it lacks in atmosphere, it more than makes up for in the food!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Marguerite's is a trusted go-to restaurant for reliably great service AND food. Folks come in droves for the eats, and that's what it's about here. The ambiance is nothing to write home about: clean: yes; interesting: no. It's noisy and tight and uber casual, but the food - es fantastique! The offerings here run to the standard New England fare, but they do it exceptionally well. The specials are always terrific, and sometimes quite creative. Standouts include the lobster bisque (oh my!), and the oyster stew (oh my my!). I've eaten here at least a dozen times and have yet to be disappointed with my order.The waitstaff are welcoming, attentive and friendly. Highly recommended for a true slice of New England fare and hospitality.

Visited August 2013
NH
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stepped into this tiny restaurant on a Saturday night for an early dinner.
We were very happy to beat the local crowd.
The service was very helpful and friendly.
We had imperial seafood casserole and chicken marsala, both dishes were outstanding!
We enjoyed dinner so much that we made the trip back on Monday morning for breakfast.
We returned on Monday evening for fried oysters and chicken stew with homemade biscuit,
Oh my we will be back when we return to the area!

• Visited August 2013
Pelham, MA
“Doesn't get any better in Westport”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We eat here whenever we're in Westport. Their menu is a little daring sometimes, and the dining room is a little cramped, but everything is so well put together and fresh, that any menu item is worth ordering. This fried clam snob ate there recently when they were serving them, and they were the best fried clams I've ever had in the Westport area. The chowder was superb and the service is nearly always pleasant. You can't go wrong here.

Visited August 2013