“Tourist trap”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The positives: Service with a smile - our waitress was friendly and attentive. Good beer selection. Great location. Nice outdoor seating.
The negatives: Do NOT try the Quahog clam chowder. What a joke. Supposedly a 65 year old recipe, it was watery and tasteless. The potatos seemed undercooked. The salmon was overcooked and the scrod had no flavor. Then came the bill. WAY too expensive for less than mediocre food.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I used to go to the Bayside when I was in high school in the late 1960's. I love everything about the place, including the chowder, which I will admit is thinner and less creamy than most of the "great" chowders that we talk about today. The historic and classic preparation, especially in southeastern New England was this thinner version. Enjoy it for what it is (deep quahog taste) or move on to many of the other well-prepared items on the menu. I love their fried clams and scallops!!!!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

It was a long drive but we were rewarded with a wonderful seafood lunch. Fried clams were big, plump and un-greasy. Baked scallops flavorful and hot. I upgraded my order from the regular french fries to their etherial eggplant-fries: they were delicately crisp with a creamy interior -- even eggplant doubters at our table enjoyed them. It's a very casual place, decorated like a New England luau. Service is leisurely in harmony with the decor, so don't be in a hurry.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

No wait for indoor seating BUT it is warm and a bit stuffy. There is just a ceiling fan, no AC. Slow service but VERY good food.The kid's pasta tasted homemade although the marinara sauce was very watery. They get extra credit for having eco-friendly take out cups & boxes! Large portions too. We will most likely return here the next time we visit Horseneck Beach.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Everything about this place is exactly what you would expect from a beach restaurant. Which is in one sense, predictable, but is also a welcome end to a great day at the beach. The view is phenomenal - animal sanctuary in the foreground, pristine blue waters in the background. Definitely go for the outdoor dining. The food is not bad, by resort town standards - prices are within reason, options are extensive, and food is generally well-prepared. I had a lobster roll, which was a little small but tasted very good, and it came with beach-style fries. My wife had the fish & chips, which was very good, and she ordered it with the sweet potato fries which were excellent. We waited a long time for our order, but then again they were quite busy.

Overall, a good choice!