“Excellent pizza. Very slow takeout on busy nights” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ten Cousins Brick Oven
Ranked #12 of 31 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ten Cousins Brick Oven features an Italian made, wood-fired oven that cooks delicious gourmet pizza, sandwiches, wings and more. We take pride in using locally sourced ingredients when available. Ten Cousins offers take out and patio dining in addition to the main dining room. Cousins is the perfect spot if you are looking for a casual, relaxed dining experience!
Hong Kong, China
“Excellent pizza. Very slow takeout on busy nights”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Very simply: fantastic pizza; best in the area, IMO. Just don't expect fast takeout service when they are busy: we visited (for a second time) on a busy Sunday night and were told that takeout of a SINGLE PIZZA would take 90 (ninety) minutes(!!!!). We didn't wait, obviously. The pizza is very good, but not quite that good...

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Merideth M, Marketing Manager at Ten Cousins Brick Oven, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. I have brought the take out situation to the attention of management. I understand it can be frustrating and we will work to resolve the issue. We do hope to see you again in the future!

New Berlin, New York
“One of the BEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Was in town to visit my in-laws, I have had pizza in the westport area before, and it took me a while to get used to the VERY thin almost cracker like crust, I have to say this pizza completely changes the way i look at the pizza options in this area. We ordered 2 to-go pizzas, 2 different selections, and all i could think after the first slice was that it tasted like i should have another.

Westport, MA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Have been there many times and always found the food very good. Tried the corn and crab chowder it was excellent. The Market Basket pizza was to die for. Since that time we have made vegetarian pizza our pizza of choice whenever we order pizza at at any pizza restaurant. We have tried most of the items on the menu and were very seldom unhappy with our choices.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Bennyhope
Merideth M, Marketing Manager at Ten Cousins Brick Oven, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for your review, we look forward to seeing you again soon!
New Bedford, Massachusetts
“Disgusting work habits in the kitchen!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I went to Ten Cousins with my husband last Sunday afternoon (8/25/13). I ordered a meatball brickini. We sat at a table in front of the bar/kitchen area. There were not many people in the restaurant at the time. I happened to observe the cook taking my bread from the oven, holding it with his "not-so-clean" t-shirt, and slicing it. Not sure if that's a common policy of theirs - quite disgusting! I couldn't eat the bread portion of the brickini, not only because of what I had just seen, but because it was also burnt on the top.

I also watched another cook stick his bare hand into a large jar of peppers (not once, but 3 times!) as he filled a metal container at the prep station.

Both of these cooks should have been wearing gloves!!! They were lucky that we were sitting there and not the Board of Health.

Shame on me for not sending my food back and leaving, but I didn't want to create a scene. After we left the restaurant, I couldn't stop thinking about what had just happened, and I was absolutely furious! The next day I wrote a comment on the Ten Cousins website - that was Monday, and it has been 5 days and not even a response. I wanted to give them a chance to at least say that this was unaceptable and they would correct this situation. I guess they just don't care. After reading many comments on Yelp, I realize that other folks think the same way as I do - they need adults to supervise the kids that are chatting at the bar and kitchen area. We had eaten at Ten Cousins at least 3 or 4 times this summer - we have no plans to return.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jeanne M
pittsburgh
“Great pizza; service could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We ate on the patio with our party of 7, and I would return. The pizza was delicious; thin crust and inventive toppings. The downside was our server, who was not only inattentive but seemed actually disinterested in serving us. Hoping that she just had a really bad day and service will be better, or we'll have a better server, next time.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank littleismuch5
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for Ten Cousins. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your meal with us and have let management know that the service you received did not meet your expectations, or ours. We strive to exceed our guest's expectations during every visit and hope we have the opportunity to make it up to you in the future. Thanks again!