“Extremely Poor Service”

The Galley Grille
Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Galley Grille serves the freshest seafood as well as the finest beef, chicken and creative pasta dishes. With its casual atmosphere and nightly specials, the Galley Grille is perfect for any occasion. We also offer weekday and weekend specials, free Team Trivia on Wednesdays from 7pm - 9pm, live music on Friday and Saturday night, free wireless internet service and wide screen TVs, so the game is always on!
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We went to the Galley Grille because it was recommended by the motel where we were staying. What an awful experience. First, the hostess couldn't find menus for us; then we waited for over 20 minutes for the waitress to come to take our drink orders, which did not come for about 20 minutes later. We ordered an appetizer which didn't appear until long after our drinks were finished. After an hour and half our meal had still not been served. When I questioned this, the hostess was full of excuses but no apologies. I walked out without eating, but others in our party stayed but had a very bad dining experience.

3  Thank Dianne W

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I have been impressed in the past and dissapointed too. Their sister restaraunt Rachels I would definetly rate much higher. More attention to details and the food has always been good. I guess it all depends. Overall, it is reasonable and very popular for weddings and events.

1  Thank Robin S
Merideth M, Marketing Manager at The Galley Grille, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you for your review. Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction, if during a future visit you are not completely satisfied, please let us know so we can correct the situation. We appreciate your continued business.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

I'd driven by White's many times, and decided to stop with a friend for lunch. The parking lot was MOBBED, usually a good sign, but when we entered the Galley Grille, there were only two other tables occupied (warning sign #1 ignored). The interior was tired (good candidate for the Food Network's "Restaurant Impossible" show- warning sign #2, also ignored). The menu was limited, but I liked the selections. We both chose the fried chicken dinner, which was very reasonably priced at $8.99. Sides were fried or mashed potatoes, and cole slaw or butternut squash. The mashed potatoes & squash were very good, as were the hot rolls, but the chicken was WAY over cooked and the breading was chalky.

Our server was very nice, professional and very solicitous, but several

I can't recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank ConchWanabetoo
Merideth M, Marketing Manager at The Galley Grille, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thank you for reviewing The Galley Grille at White’s of Westport. Unfortunately, when the parking lot is busy because of functions, it limits the number of parking spots available to Galley Grille diners and we tend to be slower in the restaurant. Ensuring that our guests leave happy is our top priority, and I apologize that your meal did not satisfy you. In the future, please do not hesitate to speak with a manager if your expectations are not met. We value you as a guest, and I appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment, so that we can learn from it.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

The business banquet food is a bland as baby food and looks like baby food, all minced and mashed. Ice cream dessert tasted stale as if it had been left uncovered in the fridg for too long.

I was in the banquet room as they were setting up. A member of wait staff dropped silverware on the floor, picked it up and used it for a place setting. Ugh!

2  Thank Daniel S
Merideth M, Public Relations Manager at The Galley Grille, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review White's of Westport. I am sorry to hear the menu for your function was not something you cared for. The silverware incident is not acceptable, and we will address it with the staff. Once again, I apologize for your experience did not meet your (or our) standards, we do hope to see you back here again.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

I was only one of two tables in the restaurant. You would've thought the place was mob from the inattentiveness of the service. The French onion soup was blah. The fish and chips was very good. I had a gift certificate and I had five dollar balance remaining. I gave it to the restaurant asking them to give it to a youth group or something of that sort. I didn't even get a thank you.

3  Thank SimmJim

Thank you for reviewing The Galley Grille at White's of Westport. We are working hard on improving our service and do hope you will give us another try when you are in the area again. Thank you for donating the remaining balance on your gift card, we do appreciate it!!