“Birthday Dinner for my Daughter”
Review of McNally's Grille & Pub - CLOSED

McNally's Grille & Pub
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Met my daughter and family at McNally Grille and Pub Friday night to celebrate my daughter's birthday. I have never been here before and now I wonder why I haven't! I started out with a Strawberry Margarita which was perfect. I had their Chicken and Eggplant Parmesan which was very good and plenty of! My daughter had the Baked Haddock with baked potato and Butternut squash (which was very good because I tasted it). My son in law had their Tuscan Meatloaf and liked it but was disappointed it didn't have a gravy. My grandson had a Cheddar Burger and my grand daughter had the Chicken Parmesan...all were very happy with their food.They have a huge menu which makes for a hard decision! Service was great and I had called ahead about a cake but they do not supply them but told me I was more than welcome to bring one. I got there a few minutes early and gave them the cake and they came out with the cake and surprised my daughter and sung Happy Birthday ...the service was great and the overall experience will bring me back. They were setting up for entertainment as we were leaving so I plan going back one evening to listen to the singers...great time and good food!!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went there figuring since it was late for this area we would get reasonable service and the kitchen wouldn't be too busy. After seated promptly it took at least 20 minutes before we saw our waitress. After that, the service was fine. The food however was some of the worst I've ever had. The steak tips were overcooked, I asked for medium(not a hint of pink anywhere, and the sides were hardly even lukewarm. I would have enjoyed the roasted peppers with the steak but they were so oily I literally could not eat them. Too late to complain so I brought the meat home for my pups! Not going there again ever.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Been quite a while since we had been to McNally's. Today, we tried it again. Same decor, etc. and very clean, although a step ladder was stored on the floor in the dining room, and the heat seemed to have some issues - they were directing us to one side of the dining room due to the heat. One meal was very good - my fish and chips was a healthy portion of fresh fish, cooked well. The other meal,,,a pulled pork sandwich, which was the special for lunch, left much to be desired, and was eventually sent back. It had an odd taste, but more than that, it had pieces of hard cartilage throughout - probably homemade, a big plus, but lack of attention to preparation made it unappetizing or worse. The waitress took that meal off the bill with no problem - and without even being asked. For this trip, we will write that meal off as a fluke (we hope) and try McNally's again at some point - we want to like it, it is close to home, and seems to be a place that would be friendly and provide a good value - for now, we are giving it the benefit of the doubt.

1  Thank MassHouse
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I stumbled upon this place coming back from a day trip in NH. We love to order chicken wings.
the meat was bad! Maybe they were frozen, thawed and frozen again? We have never had a problem with the taste of the chicken. They asked us if we would like to order something else, NO THANKS! We headed more towards home and had something good for lunch!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

The staff is always very friendly and smiling and seem to genuinely enjoy working together. The food was delicious, they had excellent specials to offer in addition to their menu. There's definetely something for everyone, whether you like a great seafood dish or just a simple burger. This past time that I went they had a filet with au poivre on special. The steak was so tender I didnt even need the steak knife they gave me. My husband got the stuffed lobster special, he thought it was great. They have a pretty decent drink menu as well, always nice to see Wachusett beers on tap in the local places. We come here a lot, and that's certainly not about to change!