“Great service, good room and price.”

Rodeway Inn Westminster
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westminster
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Good location off RT2. Clean and comfortable, pretty quiet. We stayed in room 16. Breakfast was OK, hot coffee and pastry. Mark the manager suggested Townsend pizza, 5 minute drive, as a place to eat since we arrived around 10pm. Good suggestion, we enjoyed the pizza and there was a convenience store next door. Had Wifi and the managers, Mark and Lina were helpful and glad to have met them. Would stay again. The whole area is a maze of streets and we really used are Garmin navigation system was essential.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jason R

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Room 29 is where I stayed While at The Rodeway Inn at Westminster,Mass.It had a few re-sealed cracks in the shower area,a burn mark on the carpet where one presumes a previous guest had dropped a hot iron ( provided by the est.),a fairly comfy,clean,king-sized bed,an old fashioned,glass front tv,and a kick-butt ac that was very welcome on that sultry,95 degree afternoon when I checked in.The Westminster Rodeway Inn sits on a hill overlooking a lovely community.It was clean,cool,comfy,quiet.......all at a terrific price....My kind of place...!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Greg S
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed here in April. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The shower had good pressure and the bathrooms were nice. Perfect for what we needed. The hotel rate was very reasonable considering the quality of the room . The help at the front desk were great. They went above and beyond and I wish I remembered the one ladies name because she deserves a raise!! No complaints.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank GaryONeil
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a 3 day weekend while house hunting in the area. We chose this place for two main reasons -- price and they allow pets ($5/day extra which is the lowest I have ever paid). Yes, I know Rodeway's are on the low end of the Choice Hotel line but this place was pretty bad. The old saying, "you get what you pay for" definitely applies to this place. We stayed in a king bed room that was almost smaller than our master bedroom at home. The bed was as hard as a rock and the pillows lacked any fluff. When we crawled into bed the first night, the headboard came loose and fell down. Upon further inspection, the thing was being held up by a piece of molding. On the first morning just as we getting ready to depart for the day, I saw a nickel size black bug crawl out from behind the bed. Not exactly sure what type of bug it was, but the principal of the matter is that is extremely gross and unacceptable. Their "free breakfast" consists of coffee and a dozen Dunkin' Donuts. Mind you they only buy one dozen every morning so it's a first come, first served setup. I enjoyed them the first day, but by our last day, I was over them. My wife made a good point of what do they do in the case of one of their guests being a diabetic.The only reason I gave this place two stars over one was because of the owners. They are a middle-aged Indian couple that are very nice and friendly. I know they mean well but they really need to give the entire place a face lift.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Justin J
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed for 3 days in a end room. The room was neat and clean. The owners we very nice and would do anything you asked of them. They are concerned for their qeusts. We had gone for continental breakfast and they called later to say they had just made a new pot of coffee if we would like more. We have a small cat and it was no problem. I would rather stay here than the high price hotels. If in the area please stay here you will not be disapointed.

Room Tip: all rooms are first floor and had a chance to see a few any room is good.They stick to a standard fo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I find the Roadway Inn management is doing the best they can by offering a great price, clean and nice king size comfortable bed.
I stayed here over 3 months on a project with Tyco-SG here in Westminster. The hotel is close to hway and there are some good restaurants near by.
You cannot get this price anywhere else!
Tommy Joseph

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was happy to find this motel at the last minute as I needed a pet friendly place. The information listed online is they allow 2 big dogs or 4 small dogs per room. What they don't tell you is they do charge $5 per dog per night. That is less than what other hotel/motels charge but you aren't informed there is a fee until you check in.
Staff seemed nice, (seemed being the operative word), but when I asked the owner about the utility truck parked in the one handicapped parking spot on the right side of the parking lot he actually looked me straight in the eye and lied to me telling me that person was indeed handicapped. (I am handicapped) Ironically another handicapped customer was in the office and was very interested in the owners answer! Since that guest was outside and on top of his truck I asked him if he was handicapped and he replied he wasn't. "They told me its ok, to go ahead and park in this spot." Over the weekend the parking lot was full so if I did have to park a bit away from where my room was located it would have been a problem. This guest was courteous and did move his truck to a different spot.
If you want new wash cloths and/or towels you have to ask otherwise you'll use the same ones throughout your visit. You also have to empty your own trash! I found this to be a bit bizarre! They have an envelope in the rooms asking that you "tip the maid" but only 1 day out of the 4 days I stayed here did I see a maid! You will find your room exactly the way you left it, (bed unmade and as I stated before no clean towels and the trash not emptied!) The rest of my stay I saw that the owners were changing the sheets etc., in the rooms guests had checked out of. I saw the maid on Saturday and didn't see her again! So you aren't tipping the maid, you'll be tipping the owners! Shady practice!
My stay at this motel all told wasn't a totally bad experience but I do have a problem with an owner who can look me straight in the eye and lie to me. It speaks volumes about their integrity so I will not be staying here again!

Room Tip: As I stated above, the fact the owner could look me in the eye and lie to me speaks volumes about hi...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leominster
#1 of 1 in Bolton
Super 8 Gardner
Super 8 Gardner
#2 of 2 in Gardner

Been to Rodeway Inn Westminster? Share your experiences!