“Always Great”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Been here two times and both times have been super. The staff is great. The food is outstanding. There is a duck pond out front and they have bread you can bring out to feed them.

My wife and I both got fish and it was seriously the best I have had. Including "fish" places in Boston.

I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was our first visit to this restaurant, and we loved it. The old mill building is such a unique place to experience, and the food was very good and well-priced. The wait staff was incredibly friendly! I would definitely recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Had Valentine's Day dinner (special menu). Food was plentiful and tasty but nothing special. Portions were ample but lacked flavor. Sat by a window in the main dining room (usually open on weekends only, but it was open for V-Day). Great view of the mill pond and the waterfowl made for a pleasant dining experience and there was NO BLASTING MUSIC so you could actually engage in a dinner conversation. This is unusual for a Massachusetts' restaurant where you normally have to wear ear plugs! Prices are very reasonable and the wait staff was excellent.

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We were a group of 6 and the food and service were terrible. I truly don't understand how this place is still in operation, aside from the atmosphere. The food is absolute horrible. They care far more about the experience than they do the food. The bread and fritters were the best part of the meal. I got prime rib, which was far too fatty. This placed is VERY dated and definitely needs to be modernized. I live close by, but would only hi back if they overhauled the entire menu.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great place, worth the drive down rt.2 I love their chicken pot pie. Awesome comfort foods. Beautiful water outside with eager ducks always available for feeding. Staff is kind and knowledgeable. Corn fritters and pecan rolls served with fresh bread almost spoil my meal each visit. Come hungry, enjoy rustic homey feel.