“Wonderful Experience at Windy Acres KOA”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westhampton
Northampton/Springfield KOA
Reviewed September 18, 2011

The campground was beautiful, well kept, spacious sites (wooded or open) and the bathrooms / showers were immaculate and the showers were hot and free! The people were friendly, helpful and quiet at quiet time! I got to be a judge at the Miss KOA contest and it was hysterical! There were planned activities all day for the kids, the playground was awesome and they have a really cool playground for your dog! This campground has it all and for way less than some less than desirable overpriced campgrounds in CT. We will go back - often.

Room Tip: There is a really nice apple orchard and farmers market right around the corner!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank swat444

Reviewed August 30, 2011

This isn't a campground; it's a mobile home community. Just because every 10 feet there's a decrepit tree, doesn't mean it's "heavily wooded" and in the "wilderness" like the website tries to tell you. The place was dirty, small, cramped, and expensive. I don't see how or why anyone would WANT to spend time here.

We left within a half of hour of seeing the abomination. KOA wouldn't give me a refund, no matter how much I argued and complained, and we still left. That's how bad it was. Stay away. Please.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
13  Thank woodsmanswanson
northamptonkoa, Owner at Northampton/Springfield KOA, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

As you can see this reviewer obviously posted two reviews on the same day and didny have the sense to at least change their hometown both South Deerfield Both SAME DAY. Again someone angry for being asked to follow rules. I love trip advisor and use it all the time but I have learned to only trust reviews for people who have posted both postive and negative reviews on the site Those who only posy ONE review and its negative probably are not telling the whole story

Reviewed August 30, 2011

My friends and I were looking for a place to camp, and from the place's website it didn't look horrible. When we got there, we realized what a mistake it was. The place was a straight trailer park, absolutely no good campsites, no privacy, and only one other site was tent campers. We looked around and saw that basically all of the sites looked terrible and decided to leave. They would not give us a refund no matter how long we talked with them, but we decided to leave anyways, it was that bad. Please learn from our mistake and never come to this dump.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
12  Thank noats14

I honestly cant recall this customer but I can say like ALL KOA's we honor the 1 hour guarantee so if this person was being truthful they would have received a refund I suspect another customer coming with friends to party.

Reviewed July 1, 2011

Too many seasonal campers, who drive around on golf carts all day. Our tent site was between all of these rather permanent trailers where folks gathered to party. When we asked our neighbor to please be quiet at 10:45 pm, he mocked us. When we called the office to inquire of quiet times, they sent somebody over immediately. However, this then set off neighbor who then became verbally abusive and belligerent (obviously intoxicated). This is certainly not what I would expect to encounter at a KOA and not the type of person that I want my 4 y.o. exposed to! This campground doesn't even begin to compare to other KOAs where I've stayed. Very disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2011
8  Thank tisch1017

This review is true However what they didnt mention or didnt know is that the Seasonal camper they are refering too was asked to leave the campground the very next morning. Our rules are for ALL campers whether you are there for one night or a season. I apologize for your bad experience

Reviewed June 12, 2011

This is a nice little campground! Clean pool, new playscape, restrooms recently renovated. They have daily fire truck rides around the park and other activities for kids. Nothing is too far away. Cute little pond with salamanders and frogs. The dog park is really great! Sites are spacious and almost all have hookups.
My only negative would be the number of seasonal campers that drive around on golf carts from dawn to dusk. Not sure why they feel the need to do this because the place isn't that big. The noise and dust from those carts is just not necessary. Luckily everyone parked their carts and settled down before quiet hours.
Overall a nice little family friendly campground with friendly staff and lots of nice folks to meet. And you can't beat the rates!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SWCTmom

Been to Northampton/Springfield KOA? Share your experiences!