“Personal Experience”

Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Westford
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This hampton Inn is a nice, clean fresh accommodation. Although being very close to a major interstate the room was quite with no traffic sounds. I would rate this hotel on the high end of a three star.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
mikeegan122569, Regional VP posted for the general manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Lynn,

Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn & Suites for your stay in Westford.
We are pleased that you enjoyed the accommodations.
We pride ourselves on both the cleanliness and the comfort of our guest-rooms.
We appreciate your referral and look forward to having you stay with us again!

General Manager.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We found the Westford Hampton close to our son's home and the family church. We enjoyed the breakfast and the location of the hotel in the trees and away from noise but very accessible. For our purposes in attending a grand-daughters confirmation, this was perfect.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I recently returned from a visit to this Hampton property and wanted to share my thoughts. A few things to note, I am a Diamond member, so I stay at many Hilton properties throughout the year, and I have pretty high standards in terms of ratings. I basically rate hotels with a business traveler perspective, since that's what I know.

Location
The hotel is tucked away, but does face a highway to one side. If you are sensitive to road noise, you want an "odd numbered" room. I found the location ideal since the office I was visiting was literally 3 blocks away and easily walkable. It was an easy on/off, however I do agree it could be a little tricky. Just a tip, you can get there from the Chili's parking lot if you miss it. There are a lot of restaurants, a grocery store, etc. within a half mile or so of this hotel. It's a little bit of a walk, but could be possible if you don't have a vehicle (tip, the Walgreens nearby has great prices on bottled water in case you are there for a while).

Staff
I found them to be extremely helpful, which isn't all that common these days. I am allergic to cigarette smoke and generally shy away from hotels that still allow smoking. At this property it's on the 4th floor, so another tip if you want to be away from it. The staff was very accommodating, friendly and helpful in helping me find the right room for my stay. They had breakfast bags at the ready each morning, which for a person on the go is great.

Room
My room was a standard size, maybe actually slightly larger than standard, but not a suite. I am being honest in saying this was probably the most comfortable bed I've slept in at a hotel in a really long time. Even better then the adjustable HGI beds. My only criticism was that the encasement they use over the mattress pad wasn't big enough on the bed, so it didn't cover the mattress all the way. Those encasements are another reason I like the Hampton brand, makes me feel a little more comfortable. Another item they could improve was the desk chair. From what I could tell they cater to a lot of business clients and found the chair not really comfortable for working at the desk. The TV had a good amount of channels, but you couldn't see it from the desk, which is a bit of a peeve.

The bathroom was clean, they provided a good amount of towels, and the usual small Hampton shampoo, conditioner and lotion. I would recommend they add a shelf to the shower stall. It's basically impossible to store all your shower supplies on the one small shelf provided, including soap. This hotel provides earplugs next to the bed. The reason, I believe, is that the construction is not great. I am a really light walker, and could feel the wood beneath me, you can definitely hear people above you, in the room next to you, etc. Especially phone conversations, coughing, etc. Is one of the reasons it didn't get a 5 star. The fact they give you earplugs is a plus, but I wish the hotels were constructed a bit better. There isn't a whole lot they can do with that. Overall, I enjoyed the room, thought it was comfortable, but will depend on the habits of your neighbors.

Amenities
I was not able to use the fitness center or pool during this trip, but the business center worked fine. There were two computers available, however they were very close to each other and was a little uncomfortable with another person there. They do offer free breakfast and as I mentioned earlier, the breakfast bags.

If I was in the area I would definitely stay here again. It was a clean, comfortable stay and ideal to the location I was visiting.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms, not facing the highway. Away from the elevator, it dings fairly loudly.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
mikeegan122569, Regional VP posted for the General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites. Your detailed feed back regarding your stay is a great way for us to see what areas we are doing well in and where we need to make some improvements.
It is nice to hear that you enjoyed our Serta Cloud 9 mattress because making our guest's feel at home and comfortable is one of our top priorities.
Hopefully next time you will have the opportunity to enjoy the amenities such as our indoor heated pool and Jump Start fitness center.
We are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn to attend a family function. The room was a basic hotel room that was clean. There was a very nice breakfast buffet served every morning. The hotel is located at the end of a dead end street and needs additional signage to direct patrons towards the entrance of the hotel. The rate was a bit high for a hotel located 35 miles from Boston.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
mikeegan122569, Regional VP posted for the General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Jeff-
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our Hampton Inn & Suites.
I apologize for the trouble you experienced locating our hotel but am glad you found us!
We do pride ourselves both on the cleanliness of our guest rooms and quality of complimentary amenities such as our On the House Hot Breakfast. We hope to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again when you are in the area visiting family.
Based on availability we do offer a variety of discounted packages that you may be able to take advantage of in the future.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

The holtel is conviently located for my business in the area. While there is no restaraunt in the hotel, there are many places nearby to eat. Comfortable and quiet place to wash and rest between activities.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed for a night while traveling on business. The property felt a bit isolated to me at the end of a small road, but in reality, is still very close to restaurants, gas stations, etc. It is easy to find and convienient to I-495. My room backed onto the highway, and I would suggest asking for a room at the front of the highway, as you can hear the traffic (especially trucks) clearly.

The property is clean and well kept, as was the room. There was a large walk-in shower in the bathroom, which was great for me, but something to note if you are traveling with young children and like a bath tub. Everything worked well; flat screen tv, many, many channels, decent wifi, OK bed ( I really like a firm mattress), and a clean and spacious. My only complaint was a very loud AC unit; that and the traffic noise did not lead to a great sleep.

I would definetely stay here again, but only in a room opposite the highway.

1  Thank ToSquareBob1
mikeegan122569, Regional VP posted for the General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear valued traveler-
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding our Hampton Inn & Suites.
We understand how precious your time can be and we are truly pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Cleanliness and condition of our hotel and specifically our guest rooms is something we pride ourselves on.
We are truly looking forward to your return visit to our property.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I visit this region of Massachusetts on a regular basis and I always stay at this hotel. It is consistently clean, well-managed and the staff is very helpful. I would recommend this hotel but it is often booked well in advance...so don't delay if you need a reservation!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
mikeegan122569, Regional Vice President posted for the General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for your loyalty to our Hampton Inn & Suites! We know that you have other options when choosing a place to stay and we appreciate your continued faith in us. Recommendations like yours is the highest compliment we can receive and it excites and motivates our team when we can share positive feedback like yours to them. Thank you once again and we look forward to your next visit!
Cheryl Prentiss

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westford
Westford Regency Inn
Westford Regency Inn
#3 of 3 in Westford
Residence Inn Boston Westford
Courtyard Boston Littleton
Best Western Plus Chelmsford Inn
Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell
Hilton Garden Inn Devens Common

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford? Share your experiences!