“They try, but fall far short”
Review of Evviva Cucina

Evviva Cucina
Ranked #2 of 54 Restaurants in Westford
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, Massachusetts
“They try, but fall far short”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had heard nice things about Evviva, so was excited to try it for lunch. First, the good news: the space is open, the area nicely done. You forget you're in a strip mall. And the bar looks good, with an interesting draft beer selection.

But the food disappoints.

The antipasto was below average. With the exception of the pesto (which was excellent), none of the individual components was particularly flavorful. The prosciutto was bland and sliced very thickly. The bean salad was blah, the potato salad (a strange part of an antipasto, but why not give it a try?) had little flavor, the salami nuggets were bland. The smoked cheese nuggets were ok. But at $13, I expect something very good, and this wasn't.

By comparison, Filho's Cucina, just up the street in Groton, has an astoundingly good antipasto with ingredients of exceptional quality, for $2 less and with much more generous portions.

I was hoping to be astounded by the pizza, given the billing it gets on the menu, and the choice of two distinct crust types. I chose the margherita with the traditional crust. The crust was ok, but not especially flavorful; it seemed a bit too underdone to develop its flavor. The sauce was bland (how disappointing!), and unevenly distributed, so that half the pizza seemed to have almost no sauce, and the other half dripped when eaten. The cheese was a combination of buffala mozzarella, which was ok, and parmesan, which my wife thought was garlic powder. All in all, not worth the calories or the money. Bottom line: Bertucci's chain pizza is much, much better.

FYI, the lunch menu is essentially apps, pizza, and sandwiches; few of the main courses are available before 4:00pm.

This is such a shame. We could use a good modern Italian restaurant here. But Evviva isn't it.

2 Thank sc43

“Great new find in the "burbs"!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Amazing service. Pizza was over the top good. We ordered a shrimp scampi pizza which was amazing. We asked them to make a special chicken Alfredo pizza which was not on the menu. My son said it was the best pizza he has ever had. I tried the gluten free which was top notch (for gluten free pizza). We watched the bruins. The place was lively and fun. Can't wait to come back. Try it!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Awesome pizza, good ambience, good mohitos!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit to Evviva Cucina. Once again I ordered the pizza Athena. It did not disappoint- great crust, great toppings and very light. The atmosphere is great, very cheery and fun. The wait staff was excellent. We had been waiting for a good high end pizza place close to whether we lived and we are glad that we don't have to go far now. This is a place that we will visit often.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Might be a better lunch place”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We tried this restaurant when it first opened. I think what turned me off first about this restaurant is that my wine came in an old fashion glass not a wine glass. I enjoy wine in a wine glass. The other thing they do is bring out the food as it is ready so it is served fresh and hot. Nice idea but when you have kids you often want their food to come out first rather than each person's coming at different times. I did enjoy my fish dish - although my husband thought his pizza was just ok. We will likely give it another try but maybe for lunch instead.

Visited May 2013
MASS
“Good food. High end dining hall atmosphere”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We went on a Sunday evening and it was pretty empty. I had the calamari salad which I thought was excellent. Others had panini which they liked. The atmosphere is high end college dining hall which is okay but not my thing. When u go out I want to feel like I am in a restaurant.

• Visited April 2013