“Great experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westford
Samuel Fitch House B & B
Ranked #2 of 2 Westford B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Samuel Fitch House B&B for two nights after running in the applefest half marathon up in Hollis. Lynne was a wonderful hostess and everything was perfect throughout our stay. Lynne goes out of her way to make it a great experience for her guests. We really enjoyed staying in the carriage house, which was very nice and comfortable. Breakfast was really great.

I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone. I can't speak highly enough of it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Malcolm029, Owner at Samuel Fitch House B & B, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Joel

Thank you for the great review on trip advisor - I appreciate your time in doing so and your willingness to participate in all of our weekend activities - including Alex's birthday. You may bring your well behaved bird anytime. Lynne

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is a beautiful old house filled with character and charm and run by the perfect host. The stay started with a slight glitch when we were given the twin room (which is ok, and probably excellent for a small family as two bedrooms share a bathroom), before being allocated our double room (which was marvellous! Four poster bed, sitting area, external porch... perfect!) But, to be honest, the glitch didn't matter at all because Lynne was such a delightful host.
We were exhausted from a very long day's cycling (should have been a fairly short day's cycling, but that is a different story) and Lynne provided a tray with napkins, crockery and cutlery so that we could eat a take-away meal on a covered porch as night fell rather than taking our cycles to a local restaurant. The breakfast the next morning was exceptional - omelettes cooked to order, homemade cakes, fresh fruit....
Overall we loved the house, loved our host, adored her dogs, enjoyed the stories about the history of the house (make sure that you ask for as many stories as possible - they are informative and frequently hilarious), and left feeling refreshed and re-energised. Thank you!
[TOP TIP: if you are cycling in this area, buy a decent cycling map rather than using a road map of Massachusetts!]

Room Tip: We liked the double room on the ground floor because of the charm and the opportunity to use the sit...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

I hope you are enjoying the beautiful fall foliage. Thank you for the lovely review on tripadvisor. We enjoyed meeting your family in the tomatoe patch and look forward to your next stay. Lynne

Reviewed August 31, 2012

My wife and I rented out the entire house prior to our small Groton wedding, and the space was perfect for housing our families. There was plenty of space in the common areas for the 18 of us to hang out (even those who were staying elsewhere), dine together outside, and a lovely grassy front and backyard. Our family members kept commenting on how relaxed they felt and how interesting (with all the nooks and history) and the loveliness of the space. Lynn provided delicious breakfasts that were sensitive to one of our family member's allergies, and was very flexible with requests during our stay. The suite side of the house was a great retreat and space to get ready for our wedding. Overall we couldn't have been happier!

Room Tip: The apartment side of the house, with downstairs two-level sitting areas and private porch and upsta...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel_and_Mo
Reviewed July 17, 2012

An overnight stay that was to be with my husband(who got sick) turned into a solo trip. Instead of feeling bad about my situation, I was welcomed by Lynne and another guest and family to a wonderful dinner out and a fabulous breakfast in the morning before I was on my way to my next destination.
It felt as though I had known Lynne for years! I hope to return again and spend more time getting to know the historic area.

Room Tip: carrage house is private and very large.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Marie D
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I just spent one week at the Samuel Fitch House in Westford with my son (21y) and my daughter (18y). We truly enjoyed Lynne's warm hospitality and all her efforts to make our stay delightful. Do not hesitate to joint Lynne for a great morning walk around Nashoba! This beautiful historic B&B is really unique and Lynne gave us a great tour of the property, providing details about the successive owners of the place. I stayed in the Fitch suite while my children stayed in the charming garden suite. We can’t wait to come back and enjoy again Lynne’s fabulous breakfasts! The Fitch House is ideally located: close to historic Concord and Lexington, with an easy access to Boston and less than an hour away from lovely Rockport and Crane Beach; not to mention other places to visit like Old Sturbridge Village or Plymouth Plantation.
Our stay in Westford was definitely a gem in our 2012 vacation time and I truly recommend the Samuel Fitch House to any traveler, for a couple of nights as well as for a longer stay.
Catherine V., Belgium

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pierre0562
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We were in the area for a mother-daughter weekend. The Samuel Fitch House was a perfectly situated country home with lush green grounds and gardens and a delightful red barn. The historic house had a lot of colonial charm with fun places to explore plus a great screened porch to enjoy at breakfast. We stayed in the Garden Suite which was lovely with the morning sun pouring in. A very, very warm home away from home. Lynne was probably the nicest innkeeper we'd ever met and was SO helpful in providing ideas and advice about the areas we wanted to tour. Although it was out in the country just a little, we had quick access to everything. We would DEFINITELY stay here if we ever return to the area. Can't say enough great things about it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Anne C
Reviewed June 11, 2012

All the reviews really catch the atmosphere of this gorgeous atmospheric house. But for me, the highlight of our overnight stay was to get up at 5 30 am (I had jet lag anyway) and go for a walk and a great aquarobics class led by Lynne, followed by a lovely vegetable omelette for breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lesley D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westford
Residence Inn Boston Westford
Courtyard Boston Littleton
Westford Regency Inn
Westford Regency Inn
#3 of 3 in Westford
Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford
Best Western at Historic Concord
Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell

Been to Samuel Fitch House B & B? Share your experiences!