“Great place for business stay”

Residence Inn Boston Westford
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Westford
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Residence Inn by Marriott is located in a convenient location for business stays as many IT companies are at a walkable distance. But the place is far away from Boston city and difficult to commute unless you have a car. The rooms (actually studios) are spacious and the beds are very comfortable. Staff in the front-desk and the restaurant are very helpful and friendly. The complimentary breakfast has good choices, but the complimentary dinner could be better.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is a very clean, modern Residence Inn in a very good location. Staff was very personable, friendly and helpful. Lots of shopping nearby. A good breakfast...coffee was much better than I have found at other Marriott breakfasts. I would definitely stay here again

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I travel a lot, so it takes an extraordinary experience to impress me. This local property provides service levels equivalent to top tier hotels in Asia---and that's saying something. The attention to detail, the high level of training of the housekeepers and front desk staff, and even the morning breakfast were outstanding. The front desk staff were cordial and certainly went out of their way to accommodate, even the strangest request. The housekeepers, though from Nepal, were trained in English to respond back, when you asked, "How are you today?" And the food in the morning was the best I've had at a property of this level. The fruit was all ripe, the melon very sweet, and they even served a Residence equivalent of Eggs Florentine. If you could get them, when they first came out, they were pretty good. I judge a property by their morning fruit. Is it well-trimmed; is it ripe? Kudos to the kitchen staff for passing my tests with flying colors.

But by far, the most impressive aspect of this stay was the unexpected gift they had waiting for me, one night when we returned to the room. I had met the very effective and gracious General Manager Jennifer Hogan and given her a copy of one of my books. I had also mentioned that I was named USA TODAY's First Road Warrior of the Year in April. Jen went on the USATODAY.com website and read the article about me, then went out and bought all of my favorite things from the article, including San Pellegrino sparkling water, Kind bars, rice cakes, and dried fruit. No wonder her staff has such attention to detail; she is the optimum role model. We are checking out this AM and I am sorry to leave.

I highly recommend this hotel to all who are looking for for a restful night's sleep at a hotel where you will definitely feel taken care of.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank funky_futurist
Jennifer H, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Westford, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you Joyce for your wonderful review of our hotel. We take great pride in providing each guest a memorable experience. Every department from our Front Desk to Kitchen Staff to Housekeeping strive to make a positive impact on a guests stay. I will share your comments with our staff and celebrate their achievements! We look forward to accommodating you and your family again in the future!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Have stayed here a few times over the past few years, Residence Inn is a nice hotel for business travelers. The rooms are spacious and have a kitchen for those who like to cook. They server breakfast and light dinner in the lobby. I enjoy being able to sit down in the morning with a hearty breakfast, watch the news, and get ready for a day in the office.

Have never been disappointed with the rooms or the service. Will definitely be back again soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris_Stolk

Thank you Chris for your feedback regarding your stay in August at the Residence Inn Westford, MA. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the spacious layout of your suite. We are certainly an ideal choice for the business travelers that come to Westford. Our amenities such as the daily hot breakfast buffet, the Mon-Thurs evening dinner, high speed internet, updated fitness room are all suited to the needs of the everyday business traveler and helps them thrive while on the road. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town on business!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stay in a lot of Marriott-branded hotels for work. This stay was for a pleasure trip and while the hotel itself is a solid good hotel, I was very surprised at the lack of professionalism among the employees. The front desk is professional in dealing with customers. But the rest of the staff, kitchen staff in particular are very informal and shout to each other across rooms seemingly oblivious to the fact that the rooms are filled with guests. I have never seen this behavior in a hotel, particularly a Marriott. The behavior is just plain rude. This place needs a big dose of training and management oversight. At breakfast one morning, there was a supply cart partially blocking the entrance to the buffet area. That cart sat there with a few items on it that were apparently destined to go to a supply room, but no one of the staff moved the cart or the items and guests had to step around it. Where there is normally room for two people, there was room for only one to pass and caused minor traffic jams. I can't imagine a manager sitting still for something like this. I don't think good hotel "manners" and standards have been effectively communicated to the staff.

The above comments are not show stoppers but as a regular traveler, it was very surprising and disappointing, leaving me with a bad overall impression.

The rest of the hotel -- room, common areas, breakfast were all pretty standard. Rooms are clean and comfortable, the buffet breakfast is a pretty standard, somewhat robust free buffet that's tended very well by the noisy employees. The dining room is a very pleasant place to sit with a large screen tv that's not at peak volume so if you want to read a paper or have a conversation at breakfast, you can. Lots of kids and kid noise, but that's to be expected at a place like this and is tolerable.

The room we were in needs some attention. The kitchen sink faucet and garbage disposal are in desperate need of replacement. Not a show stopper, but it seems that no one is looking after these small details. Again, I think it's a management issue.

Bottom line, we would stay here again because the hotel is convenient, rooms are quiet and clean, the space is good and it's a decent value.

Room Tip: High floor is always a good idea. That way, you aren't disturbed by guests above. Away from the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sushihunter
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I am currently staying here - the last week of a 2 week stay and, I am completely charmed by the hotel and, the staff. The reservation was for the studio and, it is indeed as per what the website claims. What makes the stay awesome is the attitude of the staff - it is a refreshing change from what the usual is. A shout-out to Fred for making breakfast a fun place with his engaging manner with all the guests, both familiar and new. I did a late check-in and, it was without fuss and any manner of annoyance. Having settled into the room, it met with reasonable expectations. I've heard a bit of grumbling from other guests during the breakfast about the spread - I wouldn't mind much. A good solid breakfast is what makes a day nice and, they do make an effort to meet that standard.

Will I be staying here again? I hope to, if I visit Westford again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed at the Westford Residence Inn while in town for my mom's retirement party (her house was just too crowded with the rest of the family). The hotel is conveniently located right off of Rte. 495 and near many restaurants and shops (Bamboo is right next door and our go-to for Chinese food in town). Having grown up in the area, it's nice to have several options for places to stay when the couch just isn't going to cut it. This is a nice Residence Inn with friendly & helpful people at the desk. The staff at breakfast was extremely nice and were there to answer questions, but weren't underfoot. I had read in an earlier review that the mattresses were uncomfortable. We stayed in two different rooms - a 2 bedroom, then switching to a 1 bedroom - and while the 2 bedroom bed was fine, the mattress in the 1 bedroom was extremely soft and dipped in the middle. I eventually got to sleep way on the left side of the bed - I would have called the front desk, but the kids were asleep in the sofa bed and it wasn't worth it to move everyone at midnight.

I really do hate to be a complainer, :) but I have to also mention that when I took my kids to the pool to go swimming on Saturday around 8:30PM, there was some kind of substance on the pool deck, the walls and all over (it might have been someone's sandwich? maybe not though...:P ) I went to the front desk and gave Gregg the bad news and to his credit, he came and cleaned it up right away. But it made me wonder what could possibly be in the water as well and we didn't stay in the pool very long.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Laura L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westford
Westford Regency Inn
Westford Regency Inn
#3 of 3 in Westford
Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford
Courtyard Boston Littleton
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Concord
Residence Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Best Western at Historic Concord

Been to Residence Inn Boston Westford? Share your experiences!