“An absolutely nice place to be”

Residence Inn Boston Westford
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Westford
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I am currently staying here - the last week of a 2 week stay and, I am completely charmed by the hotel and, the staff. The reservation was for the studio and, it is indeed as per what the website claims. What makes the stay awesome is the attitude of the staff - it is a refreshing change from what the usual is. A shout-out to Fred for making breakfast a fun place with his engaging manner with all the guests, both familiar and new. I did a late check-in and, it was without fuss and any manner of annoyance. Having settled into the room, it met with reasonable expectations. I've heard a bit of grumbling from other guests during the breakfast about the spread - I wouldn't mind much. A good solid breakfast is what makes a day nice and, they do make an effort to meet that standard.

Will I be staying here again? I hope to, if I visit Westford again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed at the Westford Residence Inn while in town for my mom's retirement party (her house was just too crowded with the rest of the family). The hotel is conveniently located right off of Rte. 495 and near many restaurants and shops (Bamboo is right next door and our go-to for Chinese food in town). Having grown up in the area, it's nice to have several options for places to stay when the couch just isn't going to cut it. This is a nice Residence Inn with friendly & helpful people at the desk. The staff at breakfast was extremely nice and were there to answer questions, but weren't underfoot. I had read in an earlier review that the mattresses were uncomfortable. We stayed in two different rooms - a 2 bedroom, then switching to a 1 bedroom - and while the 2 bedroom bed was fine, the mattress in the 1 bedroom was extremely soft and dipped in the middle. I eventually got to sleep way on the left side of the bed - I would have called the front desk, but the kids were asleep in the sofa bed and it wasn't worth it to move everyone at midnight.

I really do hate to be a complainer, :) but I have to also mention that when I took my kids to the pool to go swimming on Saturday around 8:30PM, there was some kind of substance on the pool deck, the walls and all over (it might have been someone's sandwich? maybe not though...:P ) I went to the front desk and gave Gregg the bad news and to his credit, he came and cleaned it up right away. But it made me wonder what could possibly be in the water as well and we didn't stay in the pool very long.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Laura L
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here for the time when we were between homes. We chose this hotel because of it's location as well as the fact that they allowed pets- we have a lab who was with us. We stayed in a 2br suite on the second floor. At first, we were dreading the stay. We are a family of 4 and our large dog. We were coming from a large home and were worried that we would feel too squished in the small quarters. But, in the end, we were almost sad to leave!

The room was lovely. Well maintained, clean and comfortable. The mattress left a bit to be desired. But, after the first few nights, we hardly noticed. What made this hotel so special was the staff. I could write pages and pages about the staff here. After the first morning, the breakfast staff knew all of us by name and would greet us each morning. The staff even knew what my kids liked for breakfast and were sure to have it waiting for them :) They were more friendly and helpful than most hotel staff.

The nightly dinner was also a great bonus. We didn't think that we would really take advantage of this, but it was so nice to have. The food was decent (always fresh salad, fruit and some healthy options mixed in), but again, it was the staff who far exceeded any expectations that we could have ever had.

I used to tell friends and family to stay at a different hotel in town. But, after this stay, I will never recommend any other hotel in Westford.

Room Tip: Laundry is on 2nd floor if you're staying long term
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights on a business trip. After the first day it did feel like I was at home (well, almost). The room is spacious and it is well-suited for working. A nice setup allowed me to work for a few hours after a long day. Fully-stocked kitchen makes it easy to cook (I didn't have to). The bed was very comfortable. My only complaint is that the room gets stuffy and it is difficult to control temperature. Also, refrigerator was loud enough to wake me up at night. I had to turn it off before going to bed.

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. There is a small business center where you can send faxes, scan docs, etc. A tiny gym had a couple pieces of equipment and it was perfect for a morning exercise. Breakfast was much better than I had expected - a wide variety of healthy (and not so healthy) food in a spacious and comfortable dining area.

I definitely recommend this hotel for short and long-term stays.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2013

What can I say, this Residence Inn is perfect for the business traveler, or any other traveler. Staff is friendly and helpful, especially the crew that attends to the breakfast each morning, they couldn't be nicer or more pleasant. The rooms are well designed and spotlessly clean. The internet speed was better than many. Hallway noise and the early morning dumpster emptying was my only issue. I would definitely stay here every time I visit this area.

Room Tip: My room faced the forest, the view was very relaxing..
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I left my key in my room and didn't return from work until 10 or maybe 11pm. I rang the bell hoping to get an attendant but gave up after a few minutes. Then I used my phone to call the same hotel and got transfer to hold until the third try - the attendant was sleeping in the back and didn't hear the bell and didn't pick up the phone until my third call!

Other than that, everyone else was nice. The room was bright and have all the amenities to make your stay away from home more "at home".

I would stay here again if I visit the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
mikeegan122569, Regional Vice President posted for the General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Westford, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for recent review of our hotel in Westford. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our guests services when trying to track down a new key for your guest room. This type of guest experience is not typical of our property, I attempted to research your stay a bit further but found no reservation in our system under Kevin Doman. Please contact me directly at the hotel to provide additional information so I can research this situation in more detail.

I thank you for your kind comments regarding our guest suites & amenities that we offer. Additionally I hope you had an opportunity to interact with our fantastic Breakfast Staff and Housekeeping staff during your stay. We take great pride in providing Service So Memorable to all our guests, we want each guest to leave with a positive experience and looking forward to the next time they get to stay with us when business or pleasure brings them to Westford. Again I look forward to hearing from you and please if business brings you to the area again contact me directly for accommodations.

Warm Regards,

Jennifer Hogan

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Wrote a review about 5 months ago "worst hotel bed ever" after barely sleeping in a bed that sagged in the middle. After seeing that review the hotel manager called to apologize for our experience. She said it was actually a good thing and forwarded it to corporate to reinforce the need to replace mattresses at this location. It worked! They are being replaced! She invited us to come back again, upgraded our room and had a great nights sleep. Both times visiting this hotel we were impressed with everything else especially cleanliness.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cliff s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westford
Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford
8 mi away
The Boxboro Regency
The Boxboro Regency
#1 of 1 in Boxborough

Been to Residence Inn Boston Westford? Share your experiences!