“Top notch staff = great stay”

Residence Inn Boston Westford
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Westford
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Nice facility...good breakfast...truly outstanding staff made it a great stay for me any my family...the only downside was a decidedly mediocre bed...which is something that I will ask about my next stay...and there WILL be a next stay...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
KellyLillquist, Manager at Residence Inn Boston Westford, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2011

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us but I am sorry to hear that the bed was uncomfortable. Please let us know if a bed board or other support could help make your stay more comfortable in the future.

We look forward to hosting your next visit to Westford!

Reviewed April 10, 2011

This Residence Inn was a pleasure. The location was quiet yet near route 93. The facility, while not new, was well maintained. The pool and spa were outstanding. the fitness center,while small, was well equipped. What made this stay so noteworthy was the friendliness and genuineness of the staff, particularly the wonderful ladies who served the generous breakfast buffet and the evening receptions, one of which featured homemade stuffed peppers and mashed potatoes. Every staff interaction, from our friendly welcome with chocolate chip cookies to our checkout gave us the strong feeling that we were sincerely welcomed, and that our satisfaction with our stay was very important to them.
This went far beyond the scripted pseudo-hospitality which we all occasionally run in to.

Thanks so much for a great stay!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank PontoosucPete

Thank you so much for choosing the Residence Inn Westford and for taking the time to review our hotel! Our staff is absolutely our greatest asset and they are always thrilled to hear feedback like yours.

We hope we will see you again if business or pleasure brings you back to Westford!

Reviewed March 31, 2011

Military family of 4 stayed at this Residence Inn for 2 weeks between assignments. The staff was absolutely FANTASTIC--everyone from the facilities maintainers to the desk clerks and kitchen staff--was friendly and welcoming. We felt at home here from the moment we walked up to the check-in counter. With dinner included 4 nights a week and a full breakfast EVERY day, you can't beat this hotel for extended stays. The pool and hot tub are clean and well-kept. I didn't use the gym, so can't comment. Free wireless internet was an asset--excellent signal strength the entire stay. We travel frequently and I have to say this is the BEST hotel I've stayed at. The people make it something special!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
KellyLillquist, Manager at Residence Inn Boston Westford, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2011

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for writing such a great review! We shared your comments with the team and everyone was thrilled. We hope your move went smoothly and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed March 18, 2011

The Residence Inn in Westford, Massachusetts far exceeded my expectations for the Marriott (I'm a Platinum Member). The location of the hotel is excellent as it's just far enough off RTE 495 and set back from the road, so there is no problem with any road noises, just the birds singing in back in the woods. The meals were excellent and then the BIG SURPRISE on St. Patrick's Day when the hotel served us Corned Beef and Cabbage with all the fixings and cupcakes for dessert! We were planning to go out for our annual Paddy's Day Meal, but the Residence Inn gave us the best one we've ever had! The room was exceptional for a Residence Inn as it was the most comfortable bed we've ever had at a RI. The Indoor Pool was larger than expected and the Hot Tub had railings for easy entry/exit.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank HollisCross621

Thank you very much for not only choosing to stay with us but also for taking the time to write such wonderful comments! We are thrilled to hear that you had such a great stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 26, 2010

2-bedrooms, 2 baths, and a comfy pullout couch. full kitchen. great indoor pool and hot-tub. I didn't try the workout room, but it was well equipped. Quiet yet close to 495. Three of us had privacy, our own space, and a full-sized fridge for storing food we had brought. Breakfast was the usual, which is pretty good, and the attendant was helpful and pleasant, as were the staff. Highly recommend and will certainly go back there when I'm in the area!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jardinage45
Reviewed September 30, 2010

I stayed at this hotel 2 times in the past 2 months for business. The hotel is conveniently located near 495 with restaurants and businesses nearby so I like the location. The decor is inviting and the suites / amenities look new. The front desk is friendly but most of time they stay out of sight and guests have to call for their attendance. One guest said he wished to have a bell to ring but the staff said they have specifically removed it.

The room isn't exactly clean. I found food remnants on the floor on the first day indicating it wasn't vacuumed prior to my arrival. Some pillow covers appear yellowish and virtually all pillows are quite smelly for both my stays. The pillows and the linens make the entire room somewhat smelly. For my most recent stay I got itchy all over my body staying in bed which feels like a pet hair problem. The toilet flush wouldn't stop. Upon close examination I found some sort of a container in the water tank which seems to serve the purpose of dispatching liquid cleaner. But the container freely floated in the tank preventing the rubber flapper from closing. The container and the water tank were full of stain and perturbing them caused an ugly smell. The kitchenware wasn't very clean either.

In the morning, house keepers constant chatting could be clearly heard in the room. But once entering the room, they seem to be doing a reasonably thorough job including fixing the toilet. The heating and a/c unit is quite noisy. I couldn't sleep well leaving it on which would be a problem for a summer or winter stay. I realize this is a general problem for most average hotels though. Otherwise the room is very quiet.

Overall I can't say I look forward to another stay at this hotel given my experience and will definitely look for other options.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Convenient location if you need to be in the Westford location, but I recommend considering another place even if you need to drive every day to your business location.

The internal air conditioner is far too loud to enable restful sleep, and everyone in my party complained of it. The fan in the bathroom is also far too loud and a sign of cheapness that pervades the room. I had to use earplugs to try to muffle the air conditioner noise but found the bed to be quite hard, which is another complaint I heard from others in my group. Again, another sign of cheapness. Dumpster loudly picked up and dropped the trash canister at 5am one morning. How pathetic. We left tired/exhausted.

Others in my party also stayed at the Hampton Inn, and they seemed to have similar issues.

The only really good thing was the in room iron, which did the best job ironing out the wrinkles on my cotton shirts in a long time.
Breakfast was a notch or two above a Sprinhill Suites. I'd say there is a better quality of pastries and fruit in a concierge lounge, but the scrambled eggs may be the same. They had a very nice fruit cup which I had not seen before in other locations, which is nice to have if fresh fruit is not available.
Wireless is complimentary and appreciated.
Parking was adequate around the hotel.
The general area around the hotel was the quietest I've experienced in a hotel in a long time, prior to the dumpster experience, which is totally unacceptable. Unfortunately, the internal noise is where the noise problem mostly comes from at this location.

This may meet your needs, but I'll look elsewhere next time, perhaps the rebranded Courtyard in Billerica, even though it will mean a drive up to Westford every day. I've stayed there before when I believe it was a Wyndham. The internal noise from the air conditioner and the hard bed meant poor sleep, which equates to a poor hotel stay and a poor Marriott experience. At this price point the sleep experience should be better.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westford
Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford
Westford Regency Inn
Westford Regency Inn
#3 of 3 in Westford
Courtyard Boston Littleton
Hilton Garden Inn Devens Common
Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Concord

Been to Residence Inn Boston Westford? Share your experiences!