“Overpriced and just not fantastic” 2 of 5 bubbles

Sunset Tiki Bar
Ranked #17 of 53 Restaurants in Westford
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Massachusetts
“Overpriced and just not fantastic”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We have been to the Outlook plenty of times, and had decided to try the newer tiki bar.
We won't be going back.

There is a nice swim area and little beach, which was a great draw for the kids.

The drinks were overpriced and overfull with ice.
Service as a whole was very slow, but it was busy for a Wednesday night, so we chalked it up to that.
Ordered drinks...waited for an abnormally long time.
Waited longer...and longer...finally got the waitress to come back and take our food order.
More waiting (do you see a trend here?) and waiting.
Finally she came over to say she was just waiting on one more thing and would bring everything together.
Waited.
Got the food (including the item she said she was waiting on)....and still waited for one person's meal.
Everyone in our group was done eating before the last item came out.
The waitress was very apologetic for the delay.

There was two different bands/singers while we were there. I think we sat a bit too close to the stage area as we could not talk among ourselves as it was too loud.
(Actually, the second singer was quieter, but not very good at all)

Our waitress really did try, you could tell she had been given more tables than she could comfortably handle (it was really busy for a Wednesday night).
I cannot complain about her, it was not her fault if items were not ready.

We just were not impressed as a whole.
It's a neat concept, but it needs work.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Great fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

This bar is so much fun! I live in SC now after 20 years in the Army but came to visit friends for the weekend and came here to hang out! After 1 night here I was homesick!

• Visited July 2013
Littleton, Massachusetts
“Great concept but disappointing...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have been to the Sunset Tiki a few times. I love the outdoor bar/beach atmosphere but the service and food is really bad, especially for the price. Drinks are served in plastic cups with way to much ice so they are watered down by the time you get it and they aren't very strong to begin with. The food, lets just say if you happen to get your order correct and it's actually cooked has been a long shot for me. I have been there 4 times (with friends, their choice to go, not mine) and each time the food took way to long and either wasn't cooked or wasn't what I ordered.

The entertainment was good when they had it but the crowd is also a crap shoot. Most times it was very young (under 30) or older than I would like (over 50).

Visited September 2012
1 Thank mrav1072
Worcester, Massachusetts
“great local venue..feels like vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

sand under your chairs/small pond for kids to swim, tiki bar & music for adults. can't find this kind of venue 30 min from worc

Visited August 2012
Medford, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun Night Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

I went to the Sunset Tiki Bar tonight with my husband and 5 yo twins. We loved it! Don’t go there for a fancy night out. Go there if you want to chill, take your time, have a tasty drink with your toes in the sand, and have an experience, as opposed to just going out for dinner. We stuck with basic, lower priced entrees. For me, the atmosphere is geared more towards things like burgers and not the more expensive entrees. There was nice live music, friendly service, a beach and a playground for the kids, grown-up games, and good drinks and good food. Perfect night out!

We went on a Friday night and arrived just after 5:30 PM. We were there for two hours. There was a steady flow of people arriving all evening. The people checking IDs on the way in were very friendly. We were helped immediately to a table and given our choice of where to sit. It did take awhile for someone to take our drink order, but the waitress was quite nice and seemed to be working hard, covering several tables. The drinks and nachos came quickly and were good. While waiting for the drinks I took the kids over to the beach area to play for a few minutes in the water. There were lots of kids having fun swimming in the pond. There was a coffee-house style singer performing. She was very good and pleasant to listen to. Nachos were loaded and yummy. We ordered our meals about 10 minutes after the nachos arrived, by our choice. The meals came quickly and we were happy with them. My husband had a burger, cooked with a nice char on the outside and medium-rare inside, just as he ordered. I had the BBQ pork sliders and they were tasty. The sliders were a small entrée, but after the nachos I didn’t want to have a large item. The kids menu had several nice choices. Our twins had the pizza (two nice sized slices) and hotdog. No complaints from them! Between the nachos and the entrées I took the kids to the play area where there is a playground for kids, and lots of things for adults (cornhole, volley ball, bocce, and other games.) There are a lot of bugs, but you have to expect that in a wooded, swampy area in the summer. This shouldn’t detract from the rating. We were prepared and had covered ourselves and the kids with bug spray before going in. The Adirondack style chairs are awkward for eating, but nice for relaxing in before and after eating. There are indoor bathrooms just across the parking lot. After dinner we paid the bill and took the kids and our drinks over to the play area. The kids had fun running and playing with other kids while my husband and I played cornhole and finished our drinks. We will definitely return!

• Visited August 2012