“Meals at westford regency inn”

Westford Regency Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Westford
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The meals are delicious the chicken was grilled to perfection. The service is great we love Jessica she gives everyone such wonderful service. The salads are very fresh. We go here every Tuesday for a market party. The hotel has wonderful function rooms that different groups can meet in. Love everything about the restaurant I have tried several different meals and have never been disappointed. Becky

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
WestfordRegency, Manager at Westford Regency Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you for the nice feedback about our restaurant and especially your server Jessica. We are delighted that you enjoy your weekly market meetings at the hotel and we appreciate your business.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

What is unique about this hotel is the quality of its health club. Most hotels have a tiny room converted to a gym with an extremely limited set of options for exercising.

At the Regency, the health club is spacious (the locker rooms are especially nice and large), with lots of classes (aerobics, zumba, spinning, boot-camp etc), lots of free weights, nautilus-type machines, and plenty of aerobic machines like treadmills, bikes, ellipticals etc.

A nice new amenity is the supply of fresh towels. It also has a new swimming pool. It is a very social club and accessible to a variety of folks, not just the muscle-head types. If you are travelling in the area and prefer the opportunity to have a pleasant workout before starting the workday (or at the end of the workday), then this hotel is the best bang for your buck.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for writing a review on our health club. I am happy to hear that you enjoy the many amenities our club has to offer and are enjoying our new gunite salt water pool. We look forward to seeing you in the club again soon!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel for seminars in 2011 and 2012 and opted to stay elsewhere for the seminar this year. The staff were not overly friendly upon check-in or if you needed something during your stay. The rooms are spacious, but dated and the beds are extremely uncomfortable. I've never gotten a good night's sleep there. I don't mind the old fashioned key, but prefer a key card that I know has been programmed just for me. The heat was broken in my room on one of my stays, and they were quick to fix it, but it was really loud. The in room fridge is small but nice. Every time I've stayed, I've been put way out in the middle of nowhere down long halls that are far from the seminar, or right up front in the parking lot, which is really loud. There is nothing included with the room, and breakfast was a poorly made, overpriced meal. Room service was a nice touch, but the food wasn't very good and the description of the calamari should have included that it was half calamari, half fried peppers. I was hungry after finishing my food. I opted for a hotel down the road for this seminar and was much happier. I did feel that I needed to comment on previous stays and also on the conference facilities and lunch during this trip.

Our seminar ran from 8am-4pm both Saturday and Sunday. There were two separate seminars running at the same time. The main one was on the first floor, as was the vendor fair. The smaller seminar that I attended was on the third floor. We had a setup for coffee and snacks throughout the entire seminar, but nothing was ever displayed there until 3pm on Sunday. They decided that was a good time to finally provide the doctors with some soda and water. Up to that time, we had to go down to the first floor for a coffee, water or snack. The third floor conference room was much more comfortable than the larger one downstairs and the temperature is much better regulated upstairs. I have no complaints about the room.

On Sunday morning, we parked and headed in from the side lot. The entire service road running along the side of the hotel was a sheet of black ice. Even wearing winter boots, I lost my footing and took a hard fall. My husband went in and spoke with Josh at the desk to inform him of the accident and was originally told by Josh that he didn't think it was cold enough for ice. It was snowing! My husband was not initially offered any kind of incident report. After a few other people reported falling in the same area, he was finally given a report to fill out and asked if I needed an ambulance. We declined, but asked for ice - which the hotel did provide throughout the rest of the seminar. Other than the initial report, nobody checked on us to see how we were during the rest of the day. I spoke with at least 3 other women who reported falling near the same spot where I fell. This should have been checked by a grounds crew before opening the conference rooms for the day. Upon leaving the hotel at the end of the day, the same area still appeared to be untreated and slippery.

Because of the fall, we opted to eat at the hotel for the "wonderful Sunday brunch" that is offered in the lobby. We arrived just after noon and noted that the place was very full. We waited for almost 20 minutes with no service, then just got up and got food. I was surprised to see that the food had either been sitting in the warmers for far too long (I had to scrape eggs benedict off of the bottom of the warmer, and it came out in pieces, stuffed pancakes that were like cardboard and could not be cut with a fork and knife) or was empty (haddock, sauteed veggies, chicken parmesan). We selected a few items and sat down to eat. After another 15 minutes, I got up and found a random server and asked if we were supposed to get drinks yourself. He apologized, took our beverage order, dropped them off and disappeared. A waitress wandered by checking on tables every few minutes, but never ours. I finally called her over to ask if she was our server. She said that she was and was overwhelmed by the number of tables they had her working. Once we met Jess and she inquired about our food, she apologized and had the kitchen make me fresh benedict. She redeemed herself, but the lunch was a very expensive disappointment. The only high point was the make your own Sundae bar, which was small but yummy.

One thing I did notice is that the management of this hotel likes to put the bad reviews back on the guest, saying things such as "most of our other guests don't agree." I should have read up more on the hotel before my multiple trips here. That attitude tells me a lot about how a place is run. I'm sure I'll be back for seminars, since that is where they are held every year. However, I'll be staying down the road and eating offsite from now on.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
WestfordRegency, Manager at Westford Regency Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your visit with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests and always appreciate feedback.
We just last week have hired a new Outlet Manager and he is in the process of improving our guests restaurant experiences. I have shared your review with him so that he can ensure that everything is addressed with the staff.
I will look into the other issues that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies.
I would invite you to contact me personally at (978) 692-8200 to discuss this with you further. (email is kgalvin@westfordregency.com)
Warmest Regards,

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I came here for a seminar, but stayed at a neighboring hotel. We chose to have the lunch buffet and found the food old, greasy and for the large part inedible from the warmers. It appeared that the food was not being removed from the warmers after an expiry time. The server was overwhelmed and unable to cater to all of the needs of the dinners due to an apparent lack of staffing. Needles to say, next time, we shall choose to go to one of the restaurants in the area rather than eat here again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank alanflavell77

I apologize for your unfortunate experience with our Sunday Brunch. We typically have great reviews on our brunch and sell out weekly. If you are ever in the area again, please contact me at # (978) 692-8200. I would like to have you return as our guest to brunch and experience what others rave about!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights to attend a company meeting. This is your typical average hotel with good and bad points.
First the goodies. For a hotel to stay in the littleton-westford area, the location is pretty good. It is located just around the corner of the boston road exit of highway 495. Then next to it is a medium size mall with a couple of decent restaurants.
Facility wise, there is ample free parking in the hotel premise. There is the decent size swimming pool, exercise room and hottub as well as the conference center.
Food wise other than the free buffet breakfast that came with my corporate booking, get your lunch or dinner eat outside or in one of the several good restaurant in the mall nextdoor. Breakfast is pretty good for a 2-3 star hotel. A basket of muffins, croissants and waffle is provided. The great part of the breakfast is the egg station where they will cook your egg or omelets with whatever choice of add-ons you select. The thing they do not provide in the breakfast is bread and a toaster to go with it.
Personnel wise, they are friendly and helpful when call upon. No smiles on the go or enthusiasm to serve to bring that service up a notch.
On the not so good sides .... even though the room is clean, the facility is older. Imagine having a standalone heater-ac or washroom light-fan that each emit 50db of noise when in operation. Then a corridor wall that permit you to hear all conversation in the hallway when in the room. Washroom is your regular laminate counter top wash basin and shower in the bathtub. Water pressure is decent but operating the tap is not one for one with weak hands. The towels rack is poorly located just above the toilet bowl ....have to ensure that the towel do not accidently slip off the rack as its landing position is not good. The bed is not your pillow top bed and not one that invite you to sleep or rest and not get out of bed. Lastly, the room is your manual keys for the door and no safe provided in the room .
In conclusion as I say this is your average hotel which I would rank a 2 star rather than a 3 star.

Room Tip: Stay at 2nd level away from the atrium, elevator or ground activities.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2014

When I couldn't make it home after work and during a blizzard I pulled into the Westford Regency. I had eaten at their restaurant (Sunday Brunch, particularly). This was my first overnight. Front desk was amazing with even a charger for my Droid phone followed by a satisfying and and needed Yankee Pot Roast dinner. My first floor room could not have been more welcoming with all amenities for someone without luggage. With my charged up phone I was able to make all notifications as to where I was, and that I was OK. The next day I enjoyed breakfast and lunch with the same pleasure when I waited until I was certain that the roads were cleared - to continue my trip home. The hotel rate was most welcome, too, $79.00.
Thank You, Westford Regency. I will not forget you.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Kay L
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I made a reservation to stay at Westford Regency for the first time. Before check-in I went to see the room and found a strong air freshener smell. I returned to the front desk to request a room without air freshener. I was told Febreeze is used in all rooms. Although non-smoking rooms are available, no environmentally friendly rooms available - free of Febreeze, which tests have shown 'May contain ingredients with potential for developmental/endocrine/reproductive effects; acute aquatic toxicity; respiratory effects'.

I was disappointed that I had to cancel my reservation. In other respects, the Inn looked very nice, and staff was helpful.

Room Tip: No rooms are available without strong scent of Febreeze. Anyone with chemical sensitivities or asthm...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Health C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westford
Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford
Courtyard Boston Littleton
Hilton Garden Inn Devens Common
5 mi away
Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell

Been to Westford Regency Inn? Share your experiences!