“Terrible food”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Westford
Skelmersdale, England
“Terrible food”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I came here for a seminar, but stayed at a neighboring hotel. We chose to have the lunch buffet and found the food old, greasy and for the large part inedible from the warmers. It appeared that the food was not being removed from the warmers after an expiry time. The server was overwhelmed and unable to cater to all of the needs of the dinners due to an apparent lack of staffing. Needles to say, next time, we shall choose to go to one of the restaurants in the area rather than eat here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank alanflavell77
WestfordRegency, Manager at Westford Regency Inn, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
I apologize for your unfortunate experience with our Sunday Brunch. We typically have great reviews on our brunch and sell out weekly. If you are ever in the area again, please contact me at # (978) 692-8200. I would like to have you return as our guest to brunch and experience what others rave about!

Kim Galvin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights to attend a company meeting. This is your typical average hotel with good and bad points.
First the goodies. For a hotel to stay in the littleton-westford area, the location is pretty good. It is located just around the corner of the boston road exit of highway 495. Then next to it is a medium size mall with a couple of decent restaurants.
Facility wise, there is ample free parking in the hotel premise. There is the decent size swimming pool, exercise room and hottub as well as the conference center.
Food wise other than the free buffet breakfast that came with my corporate booking, get your lunch or dinner eat outside or in one of the several good restaurant in the mall nextdoor. Breakfast is pretty good for a 2-3 star hotel. A basket of muffins, croissants and waffle is provided. The great part of the breakfast is the egg station where they will cook your egg or omelets with whatever choice of add-ons you select. The thing they do not provide in the breakfast is bread and a toaster to go with it.
Personnel wise, they are friendly and helpful when call upon. No smiles on the go or enthusiasm to serve to bring that service up a notch.
On the not so good sides .... even though the room is clean, the facility is older. Imagine having a standalone heater-ac or washroom light-fan that each emit 50db of noise when in operation. Then a corridor wall that permit you to hear all conversation in the hallway when in the room. Washroom is your regular laminate counter top wash basin and shower in the bathtub. Water pressure is decent but operating the tap is not one for one with weak hands. The towels rack is poorly located just above the toilet bowl ....have to ensure that the towel do not accidently slip off the rack as its landing position is not good. The bed is not your pillow top bed and not one that invite you to sleep or rest and not get out of bed. Lastly, the room is your manual keys for the door and no safe provided in the room .
In conclusion as I say this is your average hotel which I would rank a 2 star rather than a 3 star.

Room Tip: Stay at 2nd level away from the atrium, elevator or ground activities.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Acton, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 7, 2014

When I couldn't make it home after work and during a blizzard I pulled into the Westford Regency. I had eaten at their restaurant (Sunday Brunch, particularly). This was my first overnight. Front desk was amazing with even a charger for my Droid phone followed by a satisfying and and needed Yankee Pot Roast dinner. My first floor room could not have been more welcoming with all amenities for someone without luggage. With my charged up phone I was able to make all notifications as to where I was, and that I was OK. The next day I enjoyed breakfast and lunch with the same pleasure when I waited until I was certain that the roads were cleared - to continue my trip home. The hotel rate was most welcome, too, $79.00.
Thank You, Westford Regency. I will not forget you.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Kay L
Wakefield, Rhode Island
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I made a reservation to stay at Westford Regency for the first time. Before check-in I went to see the room and found a strong air freshener smell. I returned to the front desk to request a room without air freshener. I was told Febreeze is used in all rooms. Although non-smoking rooms are available, no environmentally friendly rooms available - free of Febreeze, which tests have shown 'May contain ingredients with potential for developmental/endocrine/reproductive effects; acute aquatic toxicity; respiratory effects'.

I was disappointed that I had to cancel my reservation. In other respects, the Inn looked very nice, and staff was helpful.

Room Tip: No rooms are available without strong scent of Febreeze. Anyone with chemical sensitivities or asthm...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Health C
Pleasantville, New Jersey
Reviewed February 28, 2014

The front desk personnel was very helpful and polite. Halls smells really good and looks clean. Our room was excellent and very clean, room decoration make us feel like home (cosy) with mini refrigerator, coffee maker.....etc.., bathroom was clean with amenities including shower cap(many hotels do not have it at all) enough towels.. the pool was closed but they have signs for the inconvenience.. We didn't have the opportunity to try the food because we have previous engagements and we only stayed 2 nights but definitively if we have to stay in Massachusetts this will be the place!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amores5215
Jules L, General Manager at Westford Regency Inn, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to express your satisfaction with your recent stay at the award winning Westford Regency Inn & Conference Center. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and are looking to stay here again on future visits to our area.

With a rich 29 year history, the Westford Regency Inn is known locally as the premier full service convention hotel in the greater area. We have earned this reputation by a staff dedicated to service excellence. Our guests (like yourself), event planners, restaurant patrons and health club members have become loyal to this locally owned independent hotel.

The staff and I look forward to being your host whenever travel brings you back to the area.

Rochester
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We got a room here on the basis for the pool and hot tub, (which we found out right after paying that they didn't work). The bed was very uncomfortable and there's too much bleach in the sheets, they wreaked of chlorine and caused my husband to break out. Its a neat place just wasn't what we were looking for and literally got stuck staying due to a snow storm.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank carniecamper101
Jules L, General Manager at Westford Regency Inn, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the award winning Westford Regency Inn & Conference Center. I apologize you were disappointed our pool was not open during your unplanned stay. We have posted our pool renovation schedule on our website and communicate the closure during the reservation process. Fortunately, our pool renovation is complete with a planned opening at the end of this week. I have spoken to our Executive Housekeeper concerning the reaction your husband had to our laundry chemicals. Although we found no error in our laundry process, we will continue to monitor to ensure guest satisfaction.

We would appreciate you giving us another try if you find yourself needing accommodations in our area. I am confident you would thoroughly enjoy our new salt water pool and spa.

arlington
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stay here for work about once a month, the restaurant is good at night and breakfast is decent too. The lobby is really nice, and the desk agents are professional and courteous. I hear there is a ski 'resort' somewhere around there, but haven't found it yet..

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jules L, General Manager at Westford Regency Inn, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your frequent stays at the award winning Westford Regency Inn & Conference Center. Your comments pertaining to our restaurants food quality (breakfast and dinner) are particularly valued. I am pleased you enjoy the lobby ambiance and find our guest service agents to be "professional and courteous". Staying frequently, your comments are particularly appreciated.

Having a rich 29 year history, the Westford Regency Inn is known locally as the best full service convention hotel in the greater area. We have earned this reputation by a staff dedicated to service excellence. Our guests (like yourself), event planners, restaurant patrons and health club members have become loyal to this locally owned, independent gem of a hotel.

The staff and I look forward to seeing you soon!

Jules N. LaVoie, CHA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westford
Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford
Residence Inn Boston Westford
Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28)
Courtyard Boston Littleton
Best Western at Historic Concord
Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell

Been to Westford Regency Inn? Share your experiences!