“Staff was great, rooms are quaint and clean”

Westford Regency Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Westford
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stayed here on the way to Maine. It's a big place that has probably been here for a long time but the rooms have been updated but still retain their New England feel. Front desk staff was very helpful since we came in without reservations and then had an issue with the TV in the first room. They were quick to get another room and help us settle in. Nice health club and indoor pool.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank NYtraveler1234

Reviewed August 8, 2012

From the outside, it's not so bad looking (except for the vinyl siding)... but walk through the front door, and expect to be transported back in time to the 1980s...more specifically, a 1980s nursing home ( the pictures on the internet were not representative of the actual condition of the place). The furniture and walls are covered with horrendously overdone mauve and gold floral print, the low ceilings are of dirty acoustic tile, and the lighting fixtures are made of fake shiny brass. And the stuffy odor...ugh. Need I say more?
Other notable drawbacks: No key cards...they still actually use metal keys!
Open the room door and a weird, pungent, musty/commercial -deodorant smell will overtake you, until you can run to the windows and open them, and turn the ancient jet- engine AC onto turbo-thrust ( thank God the air unit is thunderously loud...it just manages to block out the continuous I-495 noise).
The bed had a dingy white cover, and the sheets were rumpled and worn looking, like they hadn't been laundered recently ( I was a bit nervous to sleep on them, and I felt kind of itchy, but it might have been psychosomatic!).
Toiletries were bare bones...no hair conditioner. The towels were tattered on the edges, and the shower had subpar heat control...a period of hot water initially, then cold, then scalding.
No continental breakfast...only some weak coffee available in the a.m. No tea is available. (There's a Starbucks down the road a bit). We did not dare eat in the restaurant.
On the plus side...despite the horribly outdated furnishings, the room seemed basically clean; the staff wasn't rude, as reported in many other reviews; and no bedbug bites in the a.m.!
My recommendation is to stay in the other hotels in the area. I don't know how this place stays afloat...it must be the community's use of the exercise area and the pool. Otherwise, it's pretty gross.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Pam K
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Hotel: Overall nice looking on outside and very dated on the inside. I have stayed here 20+ times since 2007 and everytime I smell in the hallways a moldy smell. Not sure why but since my room did not smell that way I do not complain.

Room: Basic and dated looking, but always clean. No issues here.

Bar: The bar is a good one. Very basic and nothing great, but the old man behind the bar is always pleasant to share sports stories with and the happy hour free apptz are always welcome. Dinner food is also always good.

Breakfast: Good breakfast, service is middle of the road, but the food is fine.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian D
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding. The property is older and well maintained. Room was adequate. Price was a bargain compared to coast and Boston. Restaurant was good; bar was open when we needed it. They did not offer free breakfast, so as a tea drinker, I went to the Starbucks down the road each morning.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed here because of a wedding nearby... staff when we checked in was not very friendly, there was a nice woman who helped us at brunch though. they charged my boyfriend's credit card before we checked out and said it would take over a week to refund it if we wanted to use my card. There is a musty smell and overall the rooms need a makeover. I did think it was funny that there was a bottle opener attached to the bathroom counter. The AC was loud and the toiletries were pretty bare bones. Brunch was ok - decent selection but nothing was amazing. There are 2 other hotels nearby and I would suggest checking those out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the highway - can be loud!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jill W
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

The staff at the front counter were less that friendly and I really felt it was a burden I was checking in at 8:30 pm. They seemed too busy in the back to want to serve us.
My room was main level and I have to say when I got into bed I was checking email. The next thing I knew my alarm was going off and my hand was still on the keyboard, haha (slept like a log). My room was equipped with a nice flat screen and the wifi was very good! Washroom was clean and ample towels.
There was a pool and hot tub, although I didn't use them they looked well maintained. Breakfast was a buffet and was fairly good, my only complaint was the service was inadequate - I got up and finally grabbed the coffee pot and refilled my coffee and the neighboring table. We ate dinner in the restaurant 2 times. I had the seafood linguini. The chef knew how to cook fish and it was very tasty however someone needs to pull the oil bottle from the shelf as there was 1/4 " of oil left in the bowl! Also when a customer requests a steak be well cooked no red, that means NO RED! The first night the young gal that served us was very accommodating and friendly. The second night was an older women and her mannerism was undesirable. She could use some instruction on listening and not rushing the process of ordering. My food was delightful despite her service!
Conference facilities were very good and the coffee good. I was going to purchase lunch but seeing the young man serving it shoving sandwich in his mouth between customers kind of grossed me out.
Overall I enjoyed the hotel, food and my room. The staff needs some "friendly" training and perhaps learn some manners as well. I would definately recommend the hotel as my sleeps were excellent!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Our daughter was recently married here and I can't speak highly enough about the services and staff. The staff was friendly, courteous and professional. The wedding dinner was wonderful and everyone had a great time. We had some family members spend the night and met for brunch the next morning. The restaurant manager was very accommodating arranging for a private room and once again the food did not disappoint.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank barbs926
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westford
Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford
Residence Inn Boston Westford
The Boxboro Regency
The Boxboro Regency
#1 of 1 in Boxborough
Courtyard Boston Littleton
Hilton Garden Inn Devens Common
Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell

Been to Westford Regency Inn? Share your experiences!