“Wedding Weekend”

Westford Regency Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Westford
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We attended a wedding here in June 2012. The wait staff could not speak English nor understand it. They were clearing plates off the tables before the guests were done! In doing so, they took away a guests plate with their partials on it, which ended up in the trash! Now, Westford Regency won't pay for a replacement. When you came back to your table after dancing, your drinks were gone! For what they charged for drinks you would hope it'd be there when you came back to your table. The Wedding cake topper wasn't put on the wedding cake. Very disappointed, I will never recomend this place!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Redsoxfan04_12
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We have spoken with many other satisfied guests of the wedding and the bride who said that her wedding was amazing. We cannot be held responsible for something left on a plate by a guest. It is not feasible to have our staff inspect all plates for foreign items prior to clearing tables. I understand your frustration and have taken your issues under advisement.

The Westford Regency Inn has maintained its exemplary reputation for 25 years. We hope you will return in the future.

Kim Galvin
Director of Sales and Catering

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Everything in this hotel screams 1980's...from the colors (maroon/deep green) to the beds to the fixtures. We were there for a wedding, so it was convenient and clean (except for some carpeting in the function room area - dirty and old, needs to be replaced NOW). Foam pillows, low thread count sheets, everything is on the lower end. Whole place needs new life to be breathed into it. On the plus side, it was not very expensive, but still not a great experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2012

The hotel is really really old and the rooms and the linens really show it's age. Everything in the rooms looks really used. They don't have standard room keys like credit cards, they are like house keys (who the heck still uses those). When I got there my sink did not drain at all and they "fixed" it but the next morning I had the same problem. I was there for 2 nights and the day I checked out I realized that the door to the room did not even lock. If you just pushed it hard it just opened *sigh*. The front lobby is above average though and the breakfast they serve is also very nice. They server a buffet style hot breakfast with a custom omelet bar where the guy will make it your way. I think the price is $10 - $12 but not 100% sure. I can tell you that I thought it was a good deal.

Net net is if my company did not force us to stay there I would not go here by choice.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Frequent_Traveler111
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights surrounding a family wedding. We had our two boys who are 3 and 5 with us and it worked so well! We upgraded to a king suite and were able to use a pull out couch and a roll away cot for each boy. there was also a table with chairs, refrigerator and microwave. The hotel is obviously older, and could use updating. (Old bathroom and furnishings throughout, old A/C/Heating unit at window). We made use of the pool daily, and the kids really enjoyed it, although it is shared with a health club and at times was unavailable due to classes taking place. There was daily hot buffet breakfast available, that was very reasonably priced and our kids at free, so was a great value. Several of the wedding events were at the hotel itself, which made things that much more convenient and easy. The food at the hotel events was provided by the hotel and was good. This was a good place to stay with children, was clean, and well maintained despite being an older facility.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I was just there a week and a half ago for a conference and was impressed with the facilities.

The room itself was good - it had adequate power outlets, a nice big TV, and was very clean. My only complaint was that the AC unit sounded like a Mack truck, and was practically unusable. I just didn't feel like picking up all my stuff and changing rooms, so I opened the windows.

The conference facilities were top notch, especially the catering. Breakfast and lunch selections each day were a bit cookie-cutter, but had plenty of variety along the buffet line. Dinner entrees were excellent, and the staff were very attentive.

Meeting rooms were more than adequate, although there were the typical problems with audio feedback and wireless microphones not working sometimes. One disappointment was the open "SkyNet" WiFi network, which was constantly dropping. Maybe their IT staff never figured quite as many people would try connecting at the same time, and the hardware failed? Whatever the problem was, it was frustrating - but then again, I wasn't there to use the network so no big loss.

I used the pool and hot tub, both of which were in excellent condition.
Overall I'd say it's an excellent hotel for a business conference and families would probably find it just as suitable. I'm looking forward to going back next year.

Oh and I have back problems and can never get a good night's sleep at a hotel, and this is the first one in years I've been able to sleep soundly on the bed. I need to find out what brand they use!

Room Tip: Check the air conditioning unit as soon as you step through the door, and get a different room befor...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian T
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Not impressed with the customer service. Not all staff appear happy. Numerous staff members will pass you by without a simple smile or hello. The atmosphere is "upscale' appearing as you first enter the main lobby, but the rest of the place, not so much. The rooms average and could definately use some updating for the cost. I've attended a couple of weddings here and I will say it was very beautiful and appeared to be organized.

Room Tip: The rooms all seem to be pretty much the same unless you get the presidential suite. Just an FYI...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JoAnna C
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We went here for a special Saturday night event and decided to stay over rather than drive back home. We stayed for the brunch and a swim in the morning. We are swimmers and I rarely am satisfied with a "hotel pool". My friends know, "hotel pool" is code for a pool that's too short for lap swimming and way too hot. But not so here. This place was great! The pool wasn't a full lap pool length but long enough to get in a work out. And the water temp was really great. I so appreciated this. Also, there is a good hot tub. And the Sunday brunch was all it claimed to be. Well priced, and so many many selections. You should go really hungry and if not, be sure to survey the options before making your selections. There is just so much to choose from. The staff in the hotel and at the brunch buffet were great too - even helped me find a plug to charge my phone at brunch after we had checked out. We're going back in June for the same event, swim and brunch. I also took a run from here. The road is pretty good for running (this was the weekend) even though there are quite a few businesses (hotels and restaurants mostly) on this road. There is a shoulder and a sidewalk in some sections. Being able to run from my hotel is another thing that is key for me. Great location overall.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westford
Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford
Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell
Courtyard Nashua
Courtyard Nashua
#3 of 13 in Nashua

Been to Westford Regency Inn? Share your experiences!