“Wedding Shower Brunch”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Westford
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Wedding Shower Brunch”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Great ambiance of a bygone era. I think I would have been equally impressed by a good old fashioned Tea Dance in this setting, as I was by the relaxed brunch I attended. Right down to the Pianist creating a mellow background to the buzz of the main room.
This was by way of being a business mixed with friends visit. I am the officiant for the wedding, but also a former colleague of the bride.
There was a little confusion over which room the brunch was in, but I certainly didn't help them by not knowing the name that the booking was under. Mother of the Bride had booked, and at that point I was unaware of her name. Easily solved by asking people walking in with large, wrapped gifts if they were there for the couple. Second person I asked was indeed part of the party. Problem solved!
The brunch was in a separate room, which I thought was perfect for the occasion. The wait staff were friendly and helpful, if a little busy, as there were a LOT of people in the main room.
Note: this made parking a little difficult in the main lot, apparently there was also a convention in the other room. Also easily solved by parking out back near the health club. A little more of a walk, but honestly it was a nice breath of fresh air after my 40 minute drive. Gave me time to take in the scenery and enjoy the building itself.
The food was very varied. I follow a clean eating plan and was easily able to accommodate my needs from the vast buffet. Again the staff were happy to help with whatever I asked. I have absolutely no complaints about the service. I needed something, I asked and they helped. If I had to wait 3 or 4 minutes, so be it. The space is vast, it was full of people and everyone was super busy. It does hearken back to a bygone era, which I found somewhat relaxing.
All in all, I had a good time, enjoyed the company, the setting and the food. Mission accomplished!

Room Tip: I did not stay at the hotel, so I can't comment on the rooms. The bathrooms were clean, which sa...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I had a group of 14 for Easter and I felt like we were at a stranger's wedding. They have large function rooms that they set up for brunch so you're not in the regular restaurant area and it is very loud and lacks intimacy. When we went to check in, there was mass confusion ata the desk about which party was which, parties being sat at the wrong tables and everyone who worked there looked like a deer in the headlights,

Once we were seated, it took longer than it should have to get drinks but, understanding it was a busy day, we were ok with it. But then I quickly realized that there were 3 major problems: 1) they were understaffed, 2) they lacked organization and 3) they did not have experienced people running the front of the house. It felt like they were from the administrative offices instead of restaurant operations staff.

When we got the drinks, it was disappointing Mimosas were served in these small stemmed glasses, about half the size of a normal size champagne glass. They were probably 4 oz. glasses. The coffee was not hot and sodas were served in small glasses as well. Maybe they ran out of glassware.

The brunch tables were beautifully set up and the food looked really delicious. And it was. Except it was like warm to cold. The reason it was cold? They did not have any covers on the catering dishes. With any buffet, you need the roll top catering dishes or, at a minimum, the regular covers. They had none. So, everything on top was out in the open and cold and everything on the bottom was burnt or sticking to the bottom of the dish. Again, the food was beautiful but served very poorly.

When it came time to leave, our poor waitress was completely flustered. We had 3 checks. Very simply laid out for her. 2 people on 2 of the checks and 4 people on the third. The rest was cash. She went to cash out and was gone for, no lie, 10 minutes. She came back and the checks were wrong so she had to go back to the register station. Gone again for anither 10 minutes. I finally went out to see what was going on and they had a table set up in the hallway where there was ONE register and ONE person cashing out all the staff's checks. Ridiculous. Our waitress was standing in a line of 5 or 6 other waitstaff, waiting for the cashier. We finally got out of there and I will never go back.

On Monday morning, I looked at my bank account because I used my debit card and there were THREE DIFFERENT HOLDS on my account, totaling $600! I was furious. I called the finance offce and fiund iut that each of the times the checks had to be corrected, they held 120% of the total amount of the check. It took 2 days for the holds to be lifted. They told me "like all restaurants, we place holds on accounts." I'm like, I dine out all over the country. Never had I EVER had a hold on my account for any size party, especially when I'm paying with a debit card!

Avoid any large events at this place unless you want to walk away infuriated with the service, food and large hold placed on your credit account.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank BettyRoxx
Clark G, Public Relations Manager at Westford Regency Inn, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write this review as well as calling and speaking to several managers in the hotel. I understand your frustration and have taken your issues under advisement. We were definately shorthanded as several people called in sick on Easter morning. We have put another cashier on for Mother's Day and hope that will elliviate the backup at the cash register.

The Westford Regency Inn has maintained it's exemplary reputation for putting out a superior brunch for 25 years; from the weekly Sunday Brunch to the annual Easter and Mother's Day
Brunches. We hope you will return in the future to experience our Brunch in its usual manner.

Thank you.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We were a group of 8 staying at this place. It is a nice hotel, but rooms are quite dated so they may smell and they still use actual keys! No complaints about the room or my bathroom expect that you only get one bottle of shampoo/conditioner , so if you have curly hair like me, you better bring your own shampoo and conditioner.
Their Gym was quite nice and pool seemed very nice too, however, we didn’t get a chance to use it.
Our rooms included breakfast which was pretty good. You can get omelets, fresh fruits, etc. Also, they have a small restaurant/bar in the hotel that was quite nice to sit there at night and have a drink.
Overall, even though rooms were dated, but it was not a bad hotel.
If you get a chance and you are up to drive 20 mins from your hotel, try Fish Bone restaurant. Their seafood is amazing!

Room Tip: Make sure you bring your own Shampoo and conditioner.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Maryams S
Sheffield, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We planned to stay three nights here. I sensed there might be problems when I needed to call the hotel four times to ask for an email confirmation of our reservation. Upon arrival, the desk clerk did not say greet us with either a hello or welcome. She simply took my credit card, handed me the keys and gave me a two page sheet of hotel rules. Not a soul was seen in the lobby or bar and the clerk made no effort to explain how to deal with our bags or where the room was. The decor of the rooms is dated...in fact, it looks like a nursing home. The bedding is worn and scratchy. The in room heaters make an astonishing level of noise. On the morning after our first night, someone in housekeeping entered the room without checking to see if anyone was inside...frightening my 13 year daughter beyond belief. Then housekeeping called twice ....insisting they needed to clean the room and implying that we needed to leave. Yes, we got the hint....we left....for good. Never to return.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank 876candy
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I stayed at the Regency for several nights while attending a business function at the conference center. I found the staff super friendly and helpful -- way above what I expected. The conference staff was particularly excellent. The breakfast and lunch service were very good and the food quality was much better than I expected.

The rooms are a little old and the bedding less comfortable than most chains. However, everything was very clean and the grounds are beautiful. The health club is adequate, but heavily used by the locals -- still lots of options for a good workout.

All in all, a very pleasant experience for a week-long stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Clark G, Public Relations Manager at Westford Regency Inn, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We were happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will try us again in the near future.

We are currently in the process of adding some additional equipment to our gym as well as replacing some of the older equipment. We are also adding flat=screen tvs and bikes and ellipticals with embedded tvs.

Hope you will return soon.
Bloomfield, Connecticut
Reviewed March 18, 2012

The Westford Regency is an aging hotel with acceptable beds. The hotel structure is aging, there are signs of renovations. The carpet was dirty, the doors had old style key locks, and a run down bar area. The most disappointing was the claim regarding the excersice gym. When I went to use the gym two of five stationary bikes, one of three stair machines and one of about seven ellipticals were not functional. Now guess how I know...I attempted to use each piece of equipment. So odds are there is alot more equipment not functioning. So if excersize is important to you, you have been warned.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Olney, Maryland
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Small rooms, older. Stayed here twice for close proximity to family functions. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank webbunny1
Clark G, Public Relations Manager at Westford Regency Inn, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on this site. It is always helpful to hear from our guests. We were happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the near future
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westford
Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford
Residence Inn Boston Westford
Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell
Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28)
Courtyard Boston Littleton
Courtyard Boston Littleton
#1 of 1 in Littleton
Best Western Plus Chelmsford Inn

Been to Westford Regency Inn? Share your experiences!