“Staff make the hotel stand out”

Westford Regency Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Westford
Sunderland
“Staff make the hotel stand out”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I had the hotel booked for me as I was visiting on business. We found the rooms were clean, bathroom was large and bed was comfortable: although with decour a little too old fashioned for our liking. Also, have to agree with a previous post that we found that when we came into the room it had a musty and damp odour: I wonder if some of the rooms (this was a ground floor room) suffer from not getting an airing.

The buffet breakfast was very impressive and plentiful - much more like what you get in a European hotel and a welcome change. The pool area did indeed look impressive but I didn't get a chance to use it.

The thing about this hotel that stood out for us was the friendliness and service of the staff. The barman was excellent, the restaurant staff friendly and the receptionist incredibly helpful - going out of her way to help my wife while away some time during the day.

Overall, we were pleased with the stay. I've got to admit - I wouldn't have picked the hotel if I was booking - but having stayed, I would if I was in the area again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 19, 2011

The room was very musty and smelled sort of damp. Otherwise, the hotel is fine for what you're paying for. The public spaces (bar, pool) are nicer than the rooms though.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank ThierryHenry1
WestfordRegency, Director of Sales at Westford Regency Inn, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
I am sorry to hear of the unpleasant odor in your room. Please be assured that we pride ourselves on a clean, well maintained property and repair problems as soon as we know about them. . I was able to look up your room # by your name in your post. I personally went in to that room and there is no longer an odor. We got more rain in this area than we cared for right around that time and everything outside was wet. It may be possible, that the previous guest left the window open just a crack and the smell was coming from outside. However, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed Clark’s Pub and our pool.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future!

Best regards,
Kim Galvin
Director of Sales
Westford Regency Inn
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I was a little hesitant coming into my mini vacation to this hotel. My brother was getting married in the area and that's the hotel they had chosen for the guests to stay in. Not being a brand name, I was not too sure what to expect. The hotel itself was EMPTY. Not many people staying there the weekend I was there (however, I did hear they were booked the following weekend).

The rooms were clean, bathroom was large, bed was comfortable. Pool area looked nice but we did not use it. The buffet breakfast was fabulous. We really enjoyed it. The only thing that made us really scratch our heads and chuckle was when the receptionist handed us an actual key (which was large and heavy..) and the very outdated alarm clock in the room.

Overall, we were quite pleased with the stay. It had everything that we needed in a place to stay. If had to, I would go back and stay again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lmp6224
Rochester, New York
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Spent 4 nights at the Westford Regency. The accomodations were excellent. Very comfortable room with windows that can be opened. Showtime instead of HBO. Huge fitness center and pool shared with the Westford community. If you are used to going to a full sized gym to workout you'd love it. Parking isn't the greatest, due to events and gym members. I would have liked to walk outdoors, but no sidewalks in this community. They have tables and chairs outside on a full sun patio. Some picnic tables outdoors, in the shade would have been nice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Groton, MA
Reviewed April 7, 2011

We recently had a function in the Carlisle Room. The purpose of the function was a thank you luncheon for employees of Groton School. The lady that we dealt with to make the arrangements for the luncheon was wonderful and the food and service at the luncheon was equally as wonderful. Our original plans were for an evening event that was switched over to a noon time event - the whole change was done without hesitation and with no problems. Although we did not use the sleeping quarters at the hotel, I can highly recommend the function/banquet facilities.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Pomfret, Connecticut
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I use this hotel for my educational events and if one things stands out, it's the customer service. Here the customer truly is first. They can read my mind. If something isn't quite right -- and, it's always a result of a mistake I made -- they help me fix it right away. They make me look like a rock star! Thanks to the entire staff at the Westford.

I would have given it five stars, but I always have problems with the wireless and I find other venues I use have free wireless in their conference rooms.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Wakefield, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Our wedding, held at the Westford Regency Inn in November 2010, was perfect! I could not have been happier with the way the wedding ceremony and reception turned out! The staff and service was great, the food was delicious, and having everything onsight was ideal. Our friends and family are STILL talking about what a great, fun wedding it was! Thank you!!
Kerry and Roy

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westford
Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford
Residence Inn Boston Westford
Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28)
Courtyard Boston Littleton
Courtyard Boston Littleton
#1 of 1 in Littleton
Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell
Best Western Plus Chelmsford Inn

Been to Westford Regency Inn? Share your experiences!