“Not quite sure”

Westwood Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #3 of 101 Restaurants in Westfield
Cuisines: Steakhouse, American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Whether you are celebrating the end of the workday with drinks and appetizers at our beautiful 54-seat bar, or celebrating a more intimate occasion in one of our cozy dining rooms, the Westwood has something for you. Start your visit with one of our 24 beers on tap. Experience delicious house specialties from our menu.
South Florida, Florida
“Not quite sure”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Vsiteds them on Fr 4-5-2013. Service personnel was very attentive and constantly enquiring about quality of the meal and beverage. Had the prime rib, and it was done as per my request. The gristle was a little bit on the high side, but I am not that sensitive, as this is part of the cut. For an evening meal - even though it was just the Queen size - it was way too much in regards to quantity, but I managed. The most interesting thing was the beer (Black Squirrel), which had a unique flavour which I could not discern, but I still enjoyed it. I was looking for a specialty beer, and I was not disappointed.
Again, personnel (Ashley???) took great care of me, and I appreciated this very much.
For dinner, prices were relatively decent. Would love to come back and enjoy another beer on tap from one of the local breweries

• Visited April 2013

West Suffield, Connecticut, United States
“Not impressed”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

While the Westwood is a great place for gathering friends together due to its size, easy-to-find location, and relatively inexpensive menu, the place itself is hardly rave-worthy. It has a nice atmosphere with lots of space and a large bar, but the menu is lackluster. It is a lot of standard take-out restaurant fare - pizza, pasta, sandwiches, various fried appetizers, and that's about it. With a party of 12, this meant that most of us were ordering something that didn't really appeal to us, but it was the best of the bad choices on the menu. Not a whole lot to choose from on the wine list or cocktail menu that was appealing to us, so the wine drinkers chose a basic white and the rest drank beer or plain water.

The service was okay, somewhat slow. When we asked (before placing even a drink order) if we could each have separate checks since we had people coming and going at different times over a few hours, we were told that no, she "can't split the checks, but there is an ATM in the building." After shaking off our annoyance, I said "If you won't split the checks, can you at least take multiple cards on the same bill?" She reluctantly agreed, and we ended up using calculators and napkins to figure out how much everyone owed as they left and the waitress had to ring through 13 different cards ANYWAY so I'm not sure why she couldn't just treat us each as separate diners. We thought we were being helpful by asking up front, but it seemed to be a huge inconvenience for her that she preferred to pass on to us. I should note that there was no automatic gratuity charge added to our bill, so it's not as if she was just following the restaurant's large-group policy.

I will probably end up here again, reluctantly, but it is never my first choice in Westfield and will only go if others insist. As I said earlier, it is good for larger groups, casual nights out, and possibly for families as long as the service is a little faster. As a mom of a toddler, I can't imagine waiting as long as we did for drinks and appetizers.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank JoannahK_12
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Outside of building leads you to believe inside will be cold and boring. Not so, warm inviting atmosphere. Good menu, good service. Went with 6 people we all had the same response. Will def. go back

• Visited January 2013