“Very disappointing”

Add it.
Fresco
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 20, 2012

This restaurant is down the street from our house, and we had been looking forward to trying it for several months. I met a guy I knew on my way in, as he was on his way out, and he told me the food was excellent; well, maybe he was playing a cruel joke on me. We will definitely not go back to Fresco.

The salad was pre-made and refrigerated, so it was cold and dry, and the lettuce was brown around the edges. The fettuccini alfredo was more like egg noodles in a watery soup. As for the shrimp and chicken francaise, the shrimp was very overcooked and the francaise batter was poorly done, although the chicken was tolerable. Also, if you like a cocktail with dinner, note that it's BYOB but there is a liquor store directly next door.

The price was reasonable; three of us had dinner for $63.00 plus tip. Just as a point of interest, this building used to be a drive-through car wash (I had my car washed here) and was converted to a restaurant in the early 1980's, so the layout is unusual. What looks like the front door is not really an entrance.

Bottom line: it was not terrible, but it wasn't very good. All three of us agreed that we won't be going back. I recommend it only as a last resort.

1  Thank Munrovius
There are newer reviews for Fresco