“Great meal!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2012

The food and service was A great value. Stuffed mushrooms to start were great. The lasagna was immense and enjoyed. The special stuffed scrod was the same with leftovers. We will return soon!

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I have eaten here twice. First time was excellent. Second time I had the worst steak I have ever had in my life.Could have got a better steak at Big Y. Going to give them another chance to show me different. Food is Great Service is perfect but that steak ruined everthing!!!!!

1  Thank Todd F
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband and I have not been at the Tavern since it first opened. At that time I had not been very impressed with the place and did not return until now. I had been hearing good things so I thought we should give it another try. I was very happy we did.
The atmosphere in this building (the old post office) is very nice but it can be very loud. We were lucky because at the time we were there it was no very crowded and therefore was not very loud. I was pleasantly surprised that we were able to go for lunch at noon and be in and out in 1/2 hour. Having an hour lunch, I avoid those restaurants which are too leisurely.
The waitress was very nice. She was attentive but not overly attentive. She had a good sense of humor.
The food was very good as well. I had the scrod almondine special for 8.95 which included soup or salad, roll and butter, scrod, corn and choice of pasta (rigatoni or spaghetti) or steak fries. I had the cream of mushroom soup which was loaded with mushrooms(perhaps too many). The broth was very tasty and rich. A bowl of this soup and a roll would have made a good lunch. The scrod was rather large for a lunch portion and was not saturated in butter. I was rather full from the soup and roll and took my pasta home to have for supper. I enjoyed the tomatoe sauce on the pasta and liked the fact that the noodles were not overcooked.
My husband had a salad with blue cheese dressing (nice pieces of blue cheese, average type salad), roll and butter (which were very nice and light and tasty) and a pasta dish with chicken, asparagus, sundried tomatoes and a cream sauce which he really liked.
Overall, we were very happy with lunch and will definately return again.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

The tavern is a great place to go with friends (and family) to have good food and a nice time. I would suggest any of the menu choices because I've tried most of them and thought they were excellent.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Atmosphere is great in bar and entertainment Thurs - Sunday is a plus . The servers are great..Food is okay,