Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Westfield
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westfield
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We only stayed here one night, on our way through to take my son back to college. This hotel was ok. It needed some updating but overall was very clean. The staff were nice and helpful. Our room air conditioning was not working properly but when I mentioned it during checkout, the woman was very nice and said they would look at it. We got the gov't rate, however, I would not have wanted to pay the regular rate as this hotel is definitely not worth $159/night. The breakfast was ok. The scrambled eggs were not real, but the other food they offered (bagels, cereal, english muffins) were all good and a nice perk.
Overall, since the hotel was right off the exit and with a gov't rate was worth the money. I've stayed at Holiday Inn Express before (in Vanderbuilt, TN) and this one was definitely a disappointment. However, it was for one night and clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Westfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear sldingman,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am pleased that you liked the cleanliness in our hotel and our staff were nice and helpful during your stay with us. I apologize about the issues you experienced with our air conditioning unit. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide rates that are competitive in the area. While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Lera M
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Westfield

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Hotel is conveniently located just off the Mass Turnpike (I-90) only about six miles from the intersections of I-90 and I-91. The beds were comfortable. The room and hotel in general were clean. Friendly staff.

Only issue in our room was the HVAC unit. It was either too hot or too hot. An adjustment on the wall mounted thermostat of only two degrees swung the room temperature completely the other way. Even in between cooling cycles was crazy. When the unit was off, the room would get warm/humid. As soon as the unit came on, it felt like the Arctic wind. It could have just been a problem with the unit on our room.

But even with the HVAC unit problem in our room, I have no problems recommending this hotel. It is convenient to both Springfield and points north like Amherst and the University of Massachusetts. If you have a UMass student like we do, why stay at the Amherst Holiday Inn Express and pay $30-40 more per night? It's about 20 easy interstate miles closer, but the quality is about the same and you pay a lot more for it.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We used this hotel as a stopover on a trip from PA to NH; the location was convenient to the Mass Pike. The front desk clerk was very nice and suggested a local restaurant that was good. The lobby and breakfast area were typical of the brand. This is a relatively new hotel and the room was clean. My husband and I found our bed hard and uncomfortable. Our daughter said the bed was ok but the mattress pad crinkled every time she moved. There were no towel racks in the bathroom so there was no place to put wet towels. The breakfast was typical of the brand - nothing special. The scrambled eggs were not very appealing looking and had little taste. There was no waffle maker that is often available at other chains. Overall, this was an adequate hotel for the price paid.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Westfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Galear,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. It is a great pleasure to read you found our location convenient to your needs and had a pleasant experience with our hotel staff. We are very proud of our hotel and our high standards for service, cleanliness and quality. I am sorry to hear that we fell below your expectations. Please accept my apologies that you were not fully satisfied with the condition of the room, housekeeping services received and breakfast options. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Again, thank you for you feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Zelyn N
IHG Care

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Called hotel directly, Asked for quiet room away from highway traffic, received room facing Highway,and main entrance.Every vehicle using the road in front of Hotel can easily be heard inside the room. Bathroom fan does not shut off, runs constantly, air conditioner does not shut off regardless of the temperature setting.The carpet in my room was filthy. My bare feet picked up dirt and grunge from carpet. Called to move to a quieter room, was told I could, waited to hear about the move, had to call the desk...again.. "hotel was sold out". No rooms to move to. Main entrance was dirty, 1st impressions, same with elevator. Hallway on 3rd floor carpet stained.Tried to find a table that had been cleaned in the breakfast room, could not.There were lots of empty tables, and places to sit. Upholstered furniture in breakfast room is filthy, stains everywhere. Hotel is stated as New, not maintained like other HIX's that I stay at. This one has been crossed off my list.

Room Tip: I chose this hotel because of it's age and brand. If you are travelling West, keep driving. If y...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Westfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear k1787,

Thank you for your detailed review regarding your experience. We are always working to be the best we can be and improve on our level of service. The feedback we received from our guests, like you will help us to accomplish this. Our hotel makes every effort to honor requests, unfortunately there are times when requests are unable to be accommodated due to varying circumstances. I'm sorry the hotel was unable to honor your request and your stay was negatively impacted by the outside noise and condition of the room. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this is the best resource for improving guest services.

We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you the improvements made.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Our family stayed here the night of August 11th, 2012. The hotel was full and we checked in late after having gone to Tanglewood for the evening concert. The room was clean and comfortable, the bed was VERY comfortable and the hotel services were adequate to meet our needs. They had a free breakfast in the morning, with a good selection, nothing gourmet but certainly filling. My one caveat is that it seemed a little overpriced for what it was, a motel in a parking lot, nothing fancy but was around $200 for the night. I guess that''s what you get for a Saturday in August.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel to attend the funeral services for my sister's husband. I originally booked one night, then decided that I might need to stay for another night. On my arrival I added the second night to my stay.
The desk agent was very courteous and helpful. As it turned out, the second day services and "Celebration of Life" ended early enough in the day for me to return home that day. When I went to check out, the desk clerk originally told me that he would need to charge me 1/2 the room rate, but when I mentioned that my room had not yet been cleaned that day he apoligized for that did not charge me for the second night.
By the way, the "free breakfast" is indeed a nice self serve breakfast. The food was fresh and the staff kept the food replenished.
My only suggestion is that the facility add and anti-slip pad to the tub shower. It was very slippery and might result in a fall.

Room Tip: ask for top floor. The people above me had very heavy footsteps and I heard them walking around afte...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I'm giving this hotel a 4 star ranking in the context of other hotels of its price, amenities, etc. We stayed for one night after attending a wedding in the Berkshires and it did the trick for us. Basically what we expected for the price. The location couldn't be more convenient off the Mass Pike but you don't hear noise from the highway (or see it for that matter). The hotel was full the night we stayed with many wedding goers and it seemed very quiet to us.

The room was spacious although I found the color scream a bit dreary (browns, greys, etc). The bathroom was a good size but was missing any soap and a bath mat. Minor inconveniences but seemed like funny things to forget to give a guest.

Wifi was excellent and t.v. was good. Front desk staff was friendly and efficient.

Breakfast was very good (cinnamon rolls were amazing!) but they definitely need to buy more tables and chairs. We had to eat in the lobby and people were all over the lobby looking for a spot to sit. And there is tons of available space in the breakfast room.

If you need a place to stay while visiting the Berkshires in the summertime and don't want to stay for a two or three night minimum, this HIE does the trick.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westfield
Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North
Hampton Inn Chicopee/Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Westfield? Share your experiences!