“Decent Stay Every Time”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Westborough
Chicago, Illinois
“Decent Stay Every Time”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

The Courtyard Marriott is an average hotel that provides a decent stay during my business travel to the Westboro Mass area (I have stayed here maybe 4 times since July 2011). Friendly staff, clean rooms and very close to the business district and tons of restaurants.

Breakfast: $10.95 for a small buffett with eggs to order. I haven't had time to eat in the morning yet, but it seems packed in the area each day.

Rooms: plain but clean. Beds are comfortable. Tip: avoid the handicapped accessable rooms because the shower head and the closet racks hang too low.

Service: very nice staff.

Parking: ample and free.

TIP: do not stay at the filthy Extended Stay Deluxe in the area.

Room Tip: Avoid the handicapped accessible rooms and those near the elevator and ice machines (can be quite lo...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Rooms have been updated, but they might have left the same old beds? The rooms as "dry" as the heater runs constantly and you feel like you are in a desert. The HD TVs are not in HD. Its the old analog signal so they are not clear.

Good note - the hotel front desk gals are fantastic.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Forney, Texas
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I come to this area in Massachusetts about once or twice a year. I almost always use Priceline's "name your own price" and get a room here or somewhere similar for $50 to $60/night. The beds are always very comfortable and the rooms are very clean and very nice quality for the 3-star hotel rating.

Room Tip: I always ask for a quite room with a king bed and get it
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed November 30, 2011

marriott Courtyards have had their ups and downs, but most have risen to the times with upgrades and a consistent level of care. Unfortunately this Courtyard has done neither. Though the staffnis friendly, and lobby amenities are standard, the rooms fall very short. Old dirty carpets and locker room towels, the quality of the room was very disappointing, especially for the room rates.

• Stayed November 2011

Travelers are raving about these Westborough hotels

Portland, Maine
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I arrived with my daughter and her friend after a day of soccer games at the hotel. It was tucked away in the back of a business park making it a little difficult to find. I explained that I had an extra guest and we would need three beds since we had an extra guest. We were given a suite (king size bed that my daughter and I shared and a sofa bed for her friend. I was also pleasantly surprised when the hotel suggested that I don't need to have my debit card swiped which would avoid funds being held up until the bank releases the funds-I was shocked that this was even an option. We also stayed at a DoubleTree this same weekend-the Hilton may have given us cookies upon arrival but they score a zero in overall customer service.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Shutesbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 13, 2011

First of all you should all know that there is no whirlpool/spa here anymore. I don't know when they filled it in but it is gone. The signs are still up for it. You can see in the pool room where it USED to be. There is even a place for the "spa timer" but it's gone. It's been filled in with concrete and there's a couch in it's space now. I'm not sure what the website pictures show, but I am pretty sure that it shows a whirlpool being there even if the text does not say it. So let it be known- no hot tub/spa/whirlpool. The pool that they do have is small. It is only 4 feet deep at the deep end, and when i was there it was COLD. Local law says there has to be a lifeguard and if there isn't one then you can't go in the pool. Today the lifeguard was late. I got into the pool room okay but the lights were off and there were no towels. When I went to the front desk they explained the law to me.

Speaking of the front desk- I don't think any of the clerks know how to smile. At least I never saw one. I guess they don't get paid to do that.

Housekeeping- hmm... I found an empty bag of candy in the nightstand from a previous guest so they obviously aren't very thorough.

Internet- easy PIN, just use your hotel room. I did find it to be a little weak. I didn't get disconnected but there were times when I only had one or two bars. It's free though, and as I said I've seen worse (see my review for the Quality Inn in Greenfield, MA)

Bathroom was fine. Closet area etc, was good. Couch/desk/chair/outlets all very good.

I was surprised not to have a microwave. There is a mini-fridge was great. I was counting on it actually, but no microwave and that was disappointed.

I also didn't like having the tv on the side of the bed. Having 2 people in my bed the person on the far side had trouble seeing the tv.

Breakfast- I wasn't sure what to expect with breakfast. It does cost extra unless you just get coffee to go, which really you have a coffeemaker in your room so you don't really NEED to do that... but anyway.. I was there for 2 nights with my 5 year old picky eater. On the first morning I told the server that she would not eat much and I did not get charged for her. On the 2nd morning I had a different server and I told her the same thing. She watched what my kid ate (white bread with butter not toasted, and milk) and charged me an "a la carte" price for it. I was a little surprised, but whatever... The server brings you your beverages and in theory clears your plates and you help yourself to the buffet.

The buffet by the way was great. I did not eat everything of course but there was the ever-popular wafflemaker, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and homefries as well as a large selection of cereals, breads, and pastries. I could have eaten more. :-) But then again, for the price it SHOULD be good.

My last complaint/tip- Get an odd numbered room!! And if you do get stuck with an even numbered room do not get room 228. It looks over the hotel garbage area & faces the highway. Seeing the maintenance area/garbage area whatever.. was enough for me to keep the curtains closed. The noise from the highway was enough to keep me awake. My daughter complained about the noise of the HVAC unit as well.

Okay after all of that... this place was cheaper than other hotels that I considered. So maybe my expectations were too high for the price we paid. I am seeing reviews that range all over the place on this place so "your mileage may vary".

Room Tip: Get an odd-numbered room so you won't be facing the highway behind the hotel. Some rooms have ba...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Westborough Courtyard by Marriott on a Sunday night our way from Philadelphia to Maine and then again the following Friday night on our way back home. We were using our Marriott points for the stay. The Sunday stay was fine, except that an alarm clock that we accidently left in our room was never recovered. The property is a typical Courtyard. We were given complementary breakfasts as a promotional deal.

Unfortunately, on Friday night we had quite a different experience. Three high-school hockey teams were staying in the inn; apparently there are regular hockey tournaments and many of the teams stay there. (Other teams stay at the Marlborough Courtyard up the road a bit.) The presence of the teams wasn’t really a problem until we were ready to go to sleep. We had to call to the front desk three times before the hotel staff were able to quiet the kids down. (By the way, to call the front desk you don’t press the “Front Desk” button on the room phone. That number is always busy. You have to call the hotel operator.)

After everyone got quiet, we went to sleep and apparently slept soundly, because we didn’t realize until the next morning that the kids had had an ice fight in the hotel during the night that had, among other things, disabled the elevator. Our room was on the top (third) floor, and when we called the elevator on our way to breakfast, nothing happened, although there was no sign on the elevator indicating that it was out of order. I returned to the room and called the front desk (by calling the hotel operator) and discovered that the elevator had been disabled and would not be repaired until noon at the earliest.

I have to say that the hotel staff was extremely cooperative. We had a lengthy talk with the manager. She and her staff did everything they could to make up for the inconvenience of the night before and the lack of an elevator. She redeposited our Marriott points and gave us 5000 additional points and comped the breakfast. She and one of her staff carried our luggage downstairs. But a hotel where ice fights and disabled elevators are a regular possibility is not acceptable.

The manager is trying to find a way to accommodate the hockey teams while at the same time producing the experience that her regular guests expect at a Marriott. I hope she is successful. But until then, we cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westborough
Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough
Hampton Inn Boston - Westborough
Residence Inn Boston Westborough
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester
Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Marlborough

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Boston Westborough? Share your experiences!