“Decent, inexpensive stay”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Westborough
Danbury, Connecticut
“Decent, inexpensive stay”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Just needed a quick stay outside of Boston, and this did the trick. The "suite" was small but nicely furnished. We would have preferred two double or queen sized beds, but given the size of the rooms I can see why it wouldn't fit. Also, the bed is listed as a king, but there is no way this was a king sized bed.

The included breakfast was good. Parking seems kind of limited, but we were able to find a spot. I used points for the stay, and the required points was definitely a bargain.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Afaf G, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Westborough, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I’m glad you were pleased with the value and furnishings. I’m so sorry that this hotel doesn’t have king size beds and we apologize that your expectation could not be met here. I’m also glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast. I’d like to offer you the opportunity to personally get in touch with me with any additional information that could be of value. Please let me know when booking your next reservation and I would be happy to upgrade you to a room with a balcony or fireplace if available. My email is afaf.gerges@marriott.com and the hotel’s direct line is 508-366-7700. Thank you.
Afaf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Maryland
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stayed with a friend in a ground-floor two bedroom suite while visiting friends in Worcester, and honestly, what made us choose the Residence Inn was the price and proximity to Worcester and the Manchester Airport. We knew that we weren't going to spend a lot of time in the hotel, but wanted something comfortable and with two rooms (because that's how we roll :) ).

The room was clean, but showed some signs of wear. There were a number of scuff marks on the walls and the wallpaper in my bathroom was peeling a bit. The kitchenette was also very clean and had we stayed longer, would have been very convenient. Free wi-fi and breakfast were nice perks.

There were two things, though, that my friend and I couldn't get past. The beds were as hard as stone. My husband jokes about my preference for sleeping on hard mattresses (he claims that I "prefer sleeping on plywood,") but these were too hard for even my taste.

The other thing was the sliding doors separating one of the bedrooms from the living area. My friend stayed in that room, and when he closed the doors, he saw right away that the windows in the doors were covered in very sheer panels--giving him absolutely no privacy. He referred to them as "a Peeping Tom's dream," and I had to agree. It wasn't a big deal for us, but I could see it being pretty uncomfortable for people who want a separate bedroom for privacy. This gets a big thumbs down from both of us.

Would I stay here again? Maybe. There are better options out there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Afaf G, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Westborough, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction you experienced. While we just completed renovations for our property last Fall and replaced all the mattresses, we are sorry we did not provide you with the comfort you were looking for. We take room cleanliness seriously. Any information you can provide us with, please contact me directly. Our sincere apologies. Thank you again.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Lucky for me, it was NOT business that took us here. My sister had a baby and we wanted to visit.
Reliable Residence Inn. Adequate breakfast. No complaints whatsoever.

Just feel bad for road warriors whose jobs take them to hotels like this for days or weeks on end.

Our room was fully equipped with a sink, dishwasher and a refrigerator.

Clean, well-maintained and a great place to stay for a night.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Frqflier
Ted P, Manager at Residence Inn Boston Westborough, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you so much for the nice comments about our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your room and were pleased with your stay. Congratulations to you and your sister on the newest edition to your family. Please let us know when you are returning to the area.

Kindest Regards,

Ted
Belgium
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Have stayed at this hotel quite a few times and it was always a bit tatty and dirty. But they have done a full renovation and its looking fine for this kind of hotel. Breakfast looks the same as it was which is not particularly appetizing but you can't win them all.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Afaf G, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Westborough, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
I appreciate your patronage of our hotel and I am happy to hear that you have noticed our new renovation package. We continue to strive to provide the warm welcoming stay our guests expect. I am sorry to hear that you found our breakfast the same and not particularly appetizing. Please contact myself directly with any suggestions of improvement.

Kindest Regards,

Richmond, VA
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed at the Residence Inn for a week on a business trip to the Boston area and really enjoyed it. The two room suite with a large bathroom was delightful. The full kitchen was an unexpected bonus. I had expected the standard mini-fridge/microwave combo but instead got a nice sized refrigerator/freezer, microwave oven, countertop stove, dishwasher, and tons of cabinet and drawer space. The bed was quite comfortable and I slept well. The staff was polite and they did a good job of keeping the walkways and parking lot in good shape after an ice/snow storm. Internet service was free and worked perfectly. My only complaint is that the parking lot is a bit small and needs to be expanded, particularly on the north side of the building which has very little parking.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NBinRichmond
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have stayed at this Residence Inn numerous times and it is consistently excellent. The staff is attentive and courteous from check-in to check-out. The rooms are clean and up to date and the beds are comfortable. The daily housekeeping is great and is not an "extra charge". I have stayed at other properties in the area and the housekeeping is weekly (and weakly!!). The kitchen is well equipped right down to the wine glasses and cork screw. The breakfast is varied daily and is superb and the light dinners Monday - Wednesday are a treat. Overall a great place to stay!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ROBERT C S
london
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have stayed here twice for more than 2 weeks each time. I don't think I'd chose any other place for such long stays. It does not feel like a hotel as one does not have to walk through the corridors to exit the building. I love it that the door of rooms opens to the outside and so close to the car park. The best part is a the kitchen in the room that has everything you would need for cooking, heating and eating. There is a dishwasher, a huge microwave and a full size refrigerator for storing lots of food,drinks and ice-creams. Not that we ever cook while we stay there but I love to have that option. We do make chai every morning and that makes it every penny worth it. The room is great too, with lot of seating and storage space (I value that a lot since I cannot travel light...The room takes in all I carry). The slider door between the living area and bedroom works great for privacy. there is a little balcony too, but they have not provided chairs there.

The next best part is their awesome complimentary breakfast spread. It is just the best....with variety on any given day as well as regular change of menu items during the week. They also have free dinner 4 days a week...which works for many people as they don't have to worry about going out for dinner. The food was much much nice this year. We could not resist eating here before going out for our dinners on weekdays. This hotel is conveniently located with lot of eat-in restaurants nearby and plenty of delivery options too.

The housekeeping staff is really nice - friendly and professional. The reception staff is prompt and does their jobs well except that I observed that some people in the reception are neither friendly (or are selectively friendly) and nor do they seem to do their jobs very well. One of their front desk staffs (who was there last year when I stayed) forgets to share important information with guests a lot of times and then keeps apologising for not remembering or not 'thinking'. I feel she is lost most of the times and does not even pass a smile except selectively. Whatever her problem is, I feel that is not nice since she does pass smiles to 'some people'. Most of the others have been really professional. They have always informed me of my parcels on time.

I love this place coz it does not feel like staying in a Hotel. More like home.

Room Tip: I have stayed on the second level in rooms that facing the inside (pool area) as well as outside (th...