“False advertising!”

Regatta Bar & Grille
Ranked #59 of 93 Restaurants in Westborough
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times. Sometimes I am too tired to go out to eat so I choose their restaurant. Bad choice. Their food is average at best and overpriced. Example: ordered the special today which was penne with blue cheese cream sauce with Prosciutto, artichoke hearts, sweet peas. Well, two days after St. Patrick's day, I had penne with scant pieces of artichokes and corned beef! I am an avid cook and brought this to the attention if the wait staff. She said the chef told what I was tasting was two different hams. Hello? First why two hams? Second I have an extremely good palate and can identify many different flavors, spices etc. do not insult me! False advertising and then being dishonest about it. I will not be back.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Been here several times as I stayed in the Doubletree often. They do have viable vegetarian options, which is quite a relief for some of us. Servers are upbeat and helpful.

1  Thank Gus263
Reviewed April 22, 2013

After all the bad experiences we had in this hotel, they offer a free diner. The food is not amazing, is aceptable but the presentation is terrible the serve the food like they did not care.
The rice on the plate was like a montain of mud with four asparagus.

They definite could do much better.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We went for lunch and the bartender was the only staff there to wait on everyone. This was the Boston Marathon weekend! They had one of my favorite beers on tap, so that made me happy (Wachusetts Bluebery Ale). The food was good, and don't just say that, it was genuinely "good", nothing spectacular though. We waited a while for our food as you would expect with one person manning the bar and the restaurant.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Arrived around 8 pm and restaurant wasn't crowded. Took 10 minutes for someone even to stop by; another 5 to get anything to drink; another 5 to get someone to take our order . . . Never had water refilled. Food arrived reasonably promptly after we ordered and waitress seemed anxious to give us the check.

Menu offers a decent variety and the food was hot and tasty, if not innovative. Overall, if you're looking for decent food and aren't in a hurry, the restaurant is more than adequate. But it definitely wasn't memorable.